Dell Inspiron 14R/15R/17R Turbo Laptop Thread

ratul

█████████████████
My friend recently got inspiron 15r. Everything is working fine except that the system fan is running on full speed even when the laptop is under no load and the temperatures are normal. os is win 8. Any solution?

try updating the BIOS and system drivers to the latest ones from here: Drivers & Downloads | Dell India
also see if CPU usage is'nt going high, and ensure that CPU temps are under nominal values, high CPU usage can heat up the CPU, thus making the fan to work more..

Can anyone Post direct link to download AMD mobility catalyst 13.2 (like this was for 13.1 www2.ati.com/DriverS/mobile/13-1_mobility_vista_win7_win8_64_dd_ccc_whql.exe ) coz I can't download using driver verification tool.

get them from here: *www2.ati.com/drivers/beta/AMD_Catalyst_13.2_Beta7.exe

xeon

Broken In
try updating the BIOS and system drivers to the latest ones from here: Drivers & Downloads | Dell India
also see if CPU usage is'nt going high, and ensure that CPU temps are under nominal values, high CPU usage can heat up the CPU, thus making the fan to work more..

get them from here: *www2.ati.com/drivers/beta/AMD_Catalyst_13.2_Beta7.exe

but what if i want to download the final non beta version of 13.2 I have already download beta7.

sujoyp

Grand Master
guys do you have any news of dell 15r turbo i7 FHD model production stooped or still available....

the dell affiliated compuindia.com have removed the 14rSE and 15rSE models and now only have 17r SE

Although offer of 17R Turbo for 65k is good with FHD and 650M and i5 but I wanted 15" model and i7

xeon

Broken In
*i.imgur.com/BzfdqbJ.png

Why doesn't skyrim option show the option to select AMD graphics card its only showing intel hd 4000.

I have set the game on high performance in switchable graphics option. I ran the game and then opened CPU-Z and it was showing AMD graphic card details under graphics tab so I assume that the game is running on AMD graphics because CPU-Z doesn't show AMD graphic card details when its is not being used unless you run something that requires AMD graphic card to get activated.

Last edited:

ratul

█████████████████
but what if i want to download the final non beta version of 13.2 I have already download beta7.

bro amd did'nt launched any 13.2 final version, 13.2beta7 was the last one in 13.2 series..

guys do you have any news of dell 15r turbo i7 FHD model production stooped or still available....

the dell affiliated compuindia.com have removed the 14rSE and 15rSE models and now only have 17r SE

Although offer of 17R Turbo for 65k is good with FHD and 650M and i5 but I wanted 15" model and i7

dude, have'nt you checked DELL's website??? :?
it's still in production and available there: Dell Inspiron 15R Turbo FHD

*i.imgur.com/BzfdqbJ.png
Why doesn't skyrim option show the option to select AMD graphics card its only showing intel hd 4000.

I have set the game on high performance in switchable graphics option. I ran the game and then opened CPU-Z and it was showing AMD graphic card details under graphics tab so I assume that the game is running on AMD graphics because CPU-Z doesn't show AMD graphic card details when its is not being used unless you run something that requires AMD graphic card to get activated.

coz this thing has been discussed so many times before, it's an enduro supported card, it ain't get detected by these game launchers, but whenever it's needed, it kicks in..
if you are able to play skyrim in high-ultra settings, then you don't need to worry, 7730m is doing it's job..

CHITRANSH

Broken In
NEED HELP:-?
did any one notice -a copy bug in win 8
i copied 1.74 gb (max file size 1.6 gb) of sata and the default copy handler did copy all the data (it showed in its window).
i checked and 1.74 gb was deducted from disk space
on opening the destination folder only 1.6 GB file was copied (not others-it showed it did gets copied)
I lost some disk space over nothing ( no data)
this has happened to me 3 times now (even all the wallpapers are not getting copied).
This happens only when a folder is copied or moved (individual file copy is normal)

ratul

█████████████████
@ratul its there in dell india site but not available in flipkart or compuindia ...soo got confused :)

haha, it happens, but remember, till you see it on dell's website, it's in production, when dell will stop it's production, you'll get to know that first and foremost on the dell website only.. :D

NEED HELP:-?
did any one notice -a copy bug in win 8
i copied 1.74 gb (max file size 1.6 gb) of sata and the default copy handler did copy all the data (it showed in its window).
i checked and 1.74 gb was deducted from disk space
on opening the destination folder only 1.6 GB file was copied (not others-it showed it did gets copied)
I lost some disk space over nothing ( no data)
this has happened to me 3 times now (even all the wallpapers are not getting copied).
This happens only when a folder is copied or moved (individual file copy is normal)

does it gives any errors or warnings??? or do you have some files system hidden in the folder you copy???
sorry i can't give definite answers as i always use either Teracopy or my DOpus handles the file copying by itself.. :p

ratul

█████████████████
ok guys, 13.3beta3 drivers are now working good...
download these: *www2.ati.com/drivers/beta/AMD_Catalyst_13.3_Mobility_Beta3.exe

sam142000

Journeyman
ok guys, 13.3beta3 drivers are now working good...
download these: *www2.ati.com/drivers/beta/AMD_Catalyst_13.3_Mobility_Beta3.exe

They are still not working for me. They mess up with the Intel Graphic drivers whenever I install them.

ratul

█████████████████
They are still not working for me. They mess up with the Intel Graphic drivers whenever I install them.

intel drivers???
i too had this problem, it has happened two times that when i used to un-install 13.2beta7 from my system, and do a reboot after that, system would mess up, Intel drivers won't load up, there would be werfault.exe error on the startup, sometimes screen would just continue to flicker after reboot, making the system almost unusable, touchpad won't work, neither do brightness control.. :( though i always make backup with acronis before driver installation, so that was'nt a problem for me, but un-installation of 13.2beta7 was'nt a smooth experience for me..:evil:

cycotek

Broken In
Just got mine 15r turbo :))) just gave a clean windows instal will be updating drivers tomorrow :)))
Btw wanted to know stable version of ccc still not sure which version to install

ratul

█████████████████
Just got mine 15r turbo :))) just gave a clean windows instal will be updating drivers tomorrow :)))
Btw wanted to know stable version of ccc still not sure which version to install

congrats. :doublethumb:
to be safe, install this one: *www2.ati.com/DriverS/mobile/13-1_mobility_vista_win7_win8_64_dd_ccc_whql.exe

vipulgreattt

Broken In
Hi everyone.. I am looking for a lightweight portable but good enough performance laptop which can last for at least 4 years. Dell 14 R turbo (1600x900) looks fine to me. I couldn't find the price on the website for this model. Does anyone have any idea?
Could anyone think of pros n cons of the model, based on my needs?
I wont be playing much games, but I may need some 3D softwares in future.

P.S. I have filled the questionare and got this model as one the suggestion and thats why asking here for further details.

Thanks

P.P.S. Also I have another option of Sony Viao S series (similar config but 640M LE and 768p on 13.3" but 1.7 kg weight @ 62k) i.e. SVS13126PNB

Top Bottom