Dell Inspiron 14R/15R/17R Turbo Laptop Thread

OP
rider

rider

as Kratos
it all depends on how to use it, for most of the users, 100GB is more than enough, believe me, i am a hardcore user and most of the softwares i use are very large in size, yet C: usage never exceeded 70GB (i have 130GB allocated to C:)...

I agree with you bro. Same here. I use 100GB as primary and it remains about 70-75GB in use. :)

Mandeep Jain

Right off the assembly line
Went to the Dell exclusive store in Bandra today, and they said that the company has discontinued the 15R Turbo edition. I was just about to buy one.

ratul

█████████████████
Expected time of arrival ?

haswell are scheduled to launch in either end of may or in the beginning of june, so expect new laptops in mid june-july..

Went to the Dell exclusive store in Bandra today, and they said that the company has discontinued the 15R Turbo edition. I was just about to buy one.

strange, it's still shown on their website.. :?

sujoyp

Grand Master
@rider I called customer care for Dell 15r 7750 model and they told me all FHD models have been stopped ...FHD is only available in 17R ...only non FHD models of 15r is available...but the quoted price by dell CC was 3k more then what I was getting locally :)

Even in my city dell dealer told me that 15R 7750 turbo model have been stopped so I confirmed it with customer care

OP
rider

rider

as Kratos
@rider I called customer care for Dell 15r 7750 model and they told me all FHD models have been stopped ...FHD is only available in 17R ...only non FHD models of 15r is available...but the quoted price by dell CC was 3k more then what I was getting locally :)

Even in my city dell dealer told me that 15R 7750 turbo model have been stopped so I confirmed it with customer care

I suggest everyone that it's better to wait for Haswell series laptop.

Digital Fragger

A Functioning God
what's the difference between 13-4_mobility_vista_win7_win8_64_dd_ccc_whql that ATI Catalyst mobility download verification tool asks me to download and 13-4_vista_win7_win8_64_dd_ccc_whql that i find on AMD website. I know that the first one sounds like drivers for notebook cards but i always installed the latter and they worked fine. Which one should i download now?

Emre9110

Broken In
what's the difference between 13-4_mobility_vista_win7_win8_64_dd_ccc_whql that ATI Catalyst mobility download verification tool asks me to download and 13-4_vista_win7_win8_64_dd_ccc_whql that i find on AMD website. I know that the first one sounds like drivers for notebook cards but i always installed the latter and they worked fine. Which one should i download now?

I didn't try but u must download mobility driver if u are using notebook.

For notebooks 13.4 whql ve 13.5 beta 2 AMD Catalyst

For Desktops 13.4 whql ve 13.5 beta 2 AMD Catalyst

ratul

█████████████████
yes emre is right, download the mobility ones, i have installed 13.5beta2 mobility successfully and they are working fine..

powerstarprince

In the zone
is the 13.4 whql for notebooks official?? Bcoz the notebook section has only 13.5 beta while the desktop has both whql and beta .
ratul, i have downloaded 13.4 whql mobility driver from a direct link. Will it work?

ratul

█████████████████
is the 13.4 whql for notebooks official?? Bcoz the notebook section has only 13.5 beta while the desktop has both whql and beta .
ratul, i have downloaded 13.4 whql mobility driver from a direct link. Will it work?

if they are mobility drivers, then they should work fine.. :mrgreen:

Digital Fragger

A Functioning God
did any1 download 13.4? i installed both 13.4 and latest intel drivers but now the amd card is acting weird. all the games are flickering when played with amd card. can anyone check if they have the same problem?

update: latest intel drivers are the culprit. rolling em back solved the issue.

Last edited:
hey friends , I just did a reset on my Dell Inspiron . and have installed all the basic drivers and softs which I wanted. I m having True Acronis Image Home 2013 and I want to know if the I can save this image somehwer else !! so that I can simply use it whenever required from a bootable disc / usb. tried to search Google but cudnt find any great help out of it. Can u guys help me out . tho there are applications like refreshing ur PC, Resetting is Brilliant ! but I really want to know how to use Acronis ? and whats is the purpose ? THX

ratul

█████████████████
hey friends , I just did a reset on my Dell Inspiron . and have installed all the basic drivers and softs which I wanted. I m having True Acronis Image Home 2013 and I want to know if the I can save this image somehwer else !! so that I can simply use it whenever required from a bootable disc / usb. tried to search Google but cudnt find any great help out of it. Can u guys help me out . tho there are applications like refreshing ur PC, Resetting is Brilliant ! but I really want to know how to use Acronis ? and whats is the purpose ? THX

i am using acronis for 8-9months now on my dell, and what i do is that i create a full backup of C: and System Drive once in every 15-20 days as incremental backups are sometimes known to fail, and store it in external HDD, so whenever i run into a problem, i just restore the image i created, you can create a rescue bootable CD or USB in case if your computer fails to boot, you can restore using that rescue disk.. (my C: is currently ~65GB full, Acronis creates a 30GB backup in 15 mins. and restore takes approx the same time)..
*i.imgur.com/kKnWPwI.jpg[/center]​

Top Bottom