Dell Inspiron 14R/15R/17R Turbo Laptop Thread

ratul

█████████████████
absolutely no heating issues during normal work

Thx man btw can u give link for clean instal procedure of ccc u see I m a little not used to it ty

have you installed any video drivers right now???
if not, then firstly install this Intel Driver: *downloadmirror.intel.com/22376/a08/win64_152812.zip
and then install the AMD drivers from the link i posted above..

cycotek

Broken In
have you installed any video drivers right now???
if not, then firstly install this Intel Driver: *downloadmirror.intel.com/22376/a08/win64_152812.zip
and then install the AMD drivers from the link i posted above..

man i installed intel drivers from cd and also ccc from drivers disc in my thinking they r outdated
i will be downloading latest now but let me know about ccc ithink from amd site???

ratul

█████████████████
man i installed intel drivers from cd and also ccc from drivers disc in my thinking they r outdated
i will be downloading latest now but let me know about ccc ithink from amd site???

dude, uninstall both of them as they are severly outdated.. (search this thread, uninstallation procedure has been discussed previously)..

OP
rider

rider

as Kratos
Heyy guys wassup? I want to know what catalyst version should I use? Right now I'm using 13.1 and getting about 40 fps at high settings in Tom Raider 2013.

ratul

█████████████████
Heyy guys wassup? I want to know what catalyst version should I use? Right now I'm using 13.1 and getting about 40 fps at high settings in Tom Raider 2013.

safe option would be 13.1 only, btw i am using 13.3beta3.. :p

ratul

█████████████████
Ratul What is your 13.3 beta 3 3dmark 11 result without oc ?

i don't have 3dmark 11 right now, using the new 3dmark, whose results are posted some pages earlier (with overclock and 13.2beta7 drivers)..
but i don't think 13.3 would have made any difference in scores, it should be around 2100P...

ratul

█████████████████
hey guys, some new dell drivers available now: Drivers & Downloads | Dell India
and new intel hd4000 drivers are online too and with a new icon and a new control panel: *downloadmirror.intel.com/22605/a08/Win64_15313.exe

*i.imgur.com/RohI3Wr.jpg[/center]

Caution: Install with caution, new drivers can prove to be a bad experience.. :twisted:

sam142000

Journeyman
hey guys, some new dell drivers available now: Drivers & Downloads | Dell India
and new intel hd4000 drivers are online too and with a new icon and a new control panel: *downloadmirror.intel.com/22605/a08/Win64_15313.exe

*i.imgur.com/RohI3Wr.jpg[/center]​

Caution: Install with caution, new drivers can prove to be a bad experience.. :twisted:

Did u install the new Intel gpu driver over the current version or did a fresh install?​

sam142000

Journeyman
i have'nt installed it yet, just downloaded it and waiting for compatibility reviews... :p

I've tried it 4-5 times and everytime I'm getting the same problem. The 'Desktop Windows Manager' program crashes after booting the laptop in turn disabling the Windows Aero effects. Tried almost every solution on the net but to no avail.

Edit: made a typo....

Last edited:

ratul

█████████████████
I've tried it 4-5 times and everytime I'm getting the same problem. The 'Windows Desktop Manager' program crashes after booting the laptop in turn disabling the Windows Aero effects. Tried almost every solution on the net but to no avail.

wow, guess these drivers are buggy... :shock:
googled about it, did'nt found enough reviews, but here's one from a chinese site with a similar problem: Google Translate

tieba.baidu.com (BenYeeHua) said:
Nothing special, from two days ago bug, but at least get good information

Are bug
Once you've installed Windows 7 dwm.exe will crash repeatedly, games, problems, etc., it is not recommended to download and install the download will not give it
----
Something special is supported in Win 8 under in the case of non-output (such as the use of significant independence) to 4K video acceleration and the like, so who Lucid Virtu MVP Win 8 usefulness is greatly reduced 0.0
----
My feedback after 20-25 game benchmarks.

Control Panel: To be honest I preferred the look of the old design, although design is not that important. One never ending bug didn't change: broken anisotropic filtering option, in this driver the AF option is implemented as a clamp option, that means it requires an AF setting from the application. Totally useless ...
Performance: from the tested 20-25 benchmarks ~ 40% of them gained a little bit in speed and some of them gained huge: Gothic 2, Half-Life 2, Far Cry 2, UT 2004 (because of the low clock bugfix). 3-4 games lost a bit: Skyrim and Alien vs Predator 3. One huge loss: PLA Game Benchmark (from 56 fps down to 47 fps). ComputeShader Raytracing lost some fps compared to the 15.31.2885 Beta.
Bug: When I start Crysis 3 and exit to desktop everything looks washed out, looks like a wrong gamma setting is applied. Age of Mythology is the only game I'm aware of with the low clock issue, it stays on base frequency all the time. The oddly clamp AF was already mentioned above (worst bug because it effects basically every 3d application without ingame AF option). Outerra Anteworld not working properly, I can start it but I don't see anything apart from the sky.
Features: A Vsync Off option can't hurt. I can't disable Vsync in Age of Mythology. And MSAA would be a good feature for older games. Older games often didn't support MSAA like Oblivion, Gothic 2 and many more.

The driver includes a DPTopologyApp.exe. Nothing happens when I try to start it, what is that?
---
This is what I found after some testing:
Performance:
Gothic 3 - Forsaken Gods - "slowing down to a crawl" - bug is fixed. It wouldbe nice if that fix could be "down - merged" into current SandyBridge drivers.
Pixel Shader 2.0 score within 3DMark03 shot up significantly, (~ 145 fps @ 2932, ~ 265 @ 3071) showing that some serious optimization has been done here.
Bugs:
The downside to those optimizations is the reappearance of the "infamous z - fighting" bug in BF2, where black patches are visible upon some terrain primitives. Perhapsa numerical discrepancy has been reintroduced between an alleged z-only pass andthe actual render pass.
Video Settings for BattleField 2 (v1.5):
-> 1920x1200-> everything at "high" -> Anti - Aliasing 4x-> View Distance Scale 100%
System Used:
Intel Core i7 3770, Intel DH77EB, Microsoft Windows 7 64 SP1 (+ Platform Update)
---
I have Samsung laptop which has Intel hd4000 and Amd 7730m graphics (Windows 7 64-bit). I removed both Intel and amd drivers and installed the latest Intel driver to be sure. It was installed successfully. "Dwm.exe" crashed after logged in Windows because of "igd10iumd64.dll" and aero stopped working. After that i triggered the winsat.exe manually. It also crashed at the specific point because of "igdumdim64.dll". I can't activate aero with the latest driver. I went back to the version 9.17.10.2932 driver, aero works now.
----
Same here. I have an Asus N56VM with Intel HD4000 and Geforce GT630M. DWM.exe crashed before the install had even finished. Internet Explorer repeatedly crashes as well with the newest driver. Luckily I use Chrome.
---
After installing the driver and restarting, I get multiple dwm.exe not-responding/crash messages and Aero does not work. I rolled back the driver and everything is fine (re-installed new driver just in case and crashed again). I ' m running an Alienware 17 with Intel Graphics HD4000 / NVidia Geforce 660M on Windows 7 64-bit (fully updated).

cycotek

Broken In
hey i got 3d mark 11 on 13.1 drivers and got 1998 .
how is the score? i got i5 model 15r turbo. is it an average score?
jhgl.jpg

anirudhd.91

Broken In
Hello guys. I just received my new Inspiron 14r from Flipkart.:-D ( Dell Inspiron 14R SE Laptop (3rd Gen Ci5/ 4GB/ 500GB/ Win8/ 2GB Graph) - Dell: Flipkart.com ). I have a few questions, so please try to help me out. Thank you.

1) I entered my service tag in dell website and I updated Windows 8. Now, people tell me I need to update drivers as well. Should I do this from Dell website or from intel, nividia etc websites ?

2) There are an awful lot of programs on startup. I do not know which are imporant and which aren't. I opened task manager and the following are those programs - SmartAudio CPL, Microsoft Windows Based Script Host, Intel Turbo Boost Technology Monitor, Btmshellex, Alps Pointing Device Driver, Delayed Launcher, Quickset, Persistence Module, hkcmd Module, idfxTray Module. Can I disable any of these during startup? It is somewhat slow at the moment.

3) There is a program called Dell Backup and Recovery. Do I need to take backup using this? Should I take it on DVDs or is there a way to create a 20-30GB Recovery partition?

4) I want to partition the 500 GB harddisk into 3 parts. 100 GB for OS, and two 180 GBs for data. Can you please point me how to do this? Will I be able to do it from Disk Management ? Will 100Gb be sufficient for OS ? ( I plan to install games in the data partition.)

P.S I don't have a licensed Windows 8. Else I would have done a clean install.

sam142000

Journeyman
Hello guys. I just received my new Inspiron 14r from Flipkart.:-D ( Dell Inspiron 14R SE Laptop (3rd Gen Ci5/ 4GB/ 500GB/ Win8/ 2GB Graph) - Dell: Flipkart.com ). I have a few questions, so please try to help me out. Thank you.

1) I entered my service tag in dell website and I updated Windows 8. Now, people tell me I need to update drivers as well. Should I do this from Dell website or from intel, nividia etc websites ?

2) There are an awful lot of programs on startup. I do not know which are imporant and which aren't. I opened task manager and the following are those programs - SmartAudio CPL, Microsoft Windows Based Script Host, Intel Turbo Boost Technology Monitor, Btmshellex, Alps Pointing Device Driver, Delayed Launcher, Quickset, Persistence Module, hkcmd Module, idfxTray Module. Can I disable any of these during startup? It is somewhat slow at the moment.

3) There is a program called Dell Backup and Recovery. Do I need to take backup using this? Should I take it on DVDs or is there a way to create a 20-30GB Recovery partition?

4) I want to partition the 500 GB harddisk into 3 parts. 100 GB for OS, and two 180 GBs for data. Can you please point me how to do this? Will I be able to do it from Disk Management ? Will 100Gb be sufficient for OS ? ( I plan to install games in the data partition.)

P.S I don't have a licensed Windows 8. Else I would have done a clean install.

1.The drivers from Dell are safe to install. The ones from intel, nVidia etc. may or may not work every time. Its all up to you.

2. From the given list, you can do away with the Intel Turbo Boost Technology Monitor, its not much of a use.

3. There may already be a recovery partition in your laptop, check in Disk Manager. If its already there, you dont need any recovery.

4. 100GB is a bit less for the OS partition. I have given 250GB to it and its already almost half full, even though I install games in another partition. Disk Management will be able to partition your HDD.

ratul

█████████████████
4. 100GB is a bit less for the OS partition. I have given 250GB to it and its already almost half full, even though I install games in another partition. Disk Management will be able to partition your HDD.

it all depends on how to use it, for most of the users, 100GB is more than enough, believe me, i am a hardcore user and most of the softwares i use are very large in size, yet C: usage never exceeded 70GB (i have 130GB allocated to C:)...

Top Bottom