Dell Inspiron 14R/15R/17R Turbo Laptop Thread

ratul

█████████████████
difference is minute, but its noticeable.
i tried reinstalling latest drivers for windows 8 but the problem is still there
even i'm disheartened to know, one of my friend told me, even if u will take this to dell service center, they wont entertain for such small issue, they would probably say, "sir, both speakers r working, there's no problem"
can this be windows 8 problem? i'll be switching over to windows 7 in a day or 2

i don't think so, i too use windows 8 and i don't find any difference in the sound.. :?

AMD 13.1 WHQL drivers are out.

downloading right nw.. :D

EDIT: Installed new drivers, except in Far Cry 3, no other improvements have been noticed so far, even 3DMark 11 score remains same.. :(

Last edited:

guru_da_preet

Journeyman
After a recent update(i don't remember for what) I restarted my laptop, but it has not moved past the lock screen during the restart.

The guy from Dell after a few attempts sent me a new windows dvd.. For reinstalling it, saying my windows had been corrupted because of the update...

I have some data in the c drive which I don't wanna lose...anybody have any other solution besides reinstalling

Plus I can't start it in safe mode using shift+f8

coderunknown

Retired Forum Mod
try booting from a linux live cd/usb and backup data to some pendrive or ext HDD. If you can't enter safe mode also then it is more than just a corrupted windows partition.

Was the update part of Windows Update or something else, like from Dell? I'm asking this because it can be a bios update too.

ratul

█████████████████
After a recent update(i don't remember for what) I restarted my laptop, but it has not moved past the lock screen during the restart.

The guy from Dell after a few attempts sent me a new windows dvd.. For reinstalling it, saying my windows had been corrupted because of the update...

I have some data in the c drive which I don't wanna lose...anybody have any other solution besides reinstalling

Plus I can't start it in safe mode using shift+f8

yeah, you can try with a linux live cd or usb..
or if you have windows 8 DVD, you can enable the windows 7 like safe mode (by pressing f8 during boot)...
i did this when i too was'nt able to boot into windows due to some probs.. :oops:
Here's what i did:
1. Insert and boot from Win8 DVD.
2. Go to Repair, in that click advanced options.
3. Go to command prompt.
4. under that type:
Code:
bcdedit /set {default} bootmenupolicy legacy
5. restart.
6. Now when you are booting, press f8 to be greeted like windows 7 boot menu, what we have done here is to edit the bootmenupolicy, so that windows 8 is using the legacy bootloader (win7) instead of new bootloader, which is said to boot so fast that it is'nt able to detect the f8 or shift+f8..
7. Now you can do repairs or backup from safe mode.. :)

To revert back to original windows 8 bootloader, you need to type in cmd:
Code:
bcdedit /set {default} bootmenupolicy standard

nandu26

In the zone
New Inspion 15R Series now available in USA - Dell Inspiron 15R Laptop

4 GB RAM gone. 6 and 8 GB available.

I think this model will launch in India next week or soon.

Jakes

Broken In
Memory Slots 2 (Unused Slot - 0)
System Memory 4 GB DDR3

Dell inspiron 15r has 2 slots for RAM. Is one with 4 GB RAM has 2 ram sticks of 2 GB each ? If I want to upgrade the ram so if i Purchase 4 GB ram one stick then would I have to remove one 2 gb ram from the system and then replace it with 4 gb stick. So I would have 4 + 2 = 6gb ram

ratul

█████████████████
System Memory 4 GB DDR3

Dell inspiron 15r has 2 slots for RAM. Is one with 4 GB RAM has 2 ram sticks of 2 GB each ? If I want to upgrade the ram so if i Purchase 4 GB ram one stick then would I have to remove one 2 gb ram from the system and then replace it with 4 gb stick. So I would have 4 + 2 = 6gb ram

don't know about 15r, but turbo edition always have a 1x4GB RAM in a 4GB configuration..
Same should be for 15R too i think, but if it's 2x2GB RAM, then you have to be sure of the latency and compatibility of th 4GB ram you buy with the 2GB ram installed in the system..

New Inspion 15R Series now available in USA - Dell Inspiron 15R Laptop

4 GB RAM gone. 6 and 8 GB available.

I think this model will launch in India next week or soon.

only intel HD4000... :(

Jakes

Broken In
don't know about 15r, but turbo edition always have a 1x4GB RAM in a 4GB configuration..
Same should be for 15R too i think, but if it's 2x2GB RAM, then you have to be sure of the latency and compatibility of th 4GB ram you buy with the 2GB ram installed in the system..

I checked dell inspiron 15r turbo on flipkart.com there its written:
Expandable Memory Upto 16 GB
System Memory 4 GB DDR3
Unused Slot - 0 so i guess it would be 2x2GB RAM and in that case i need to replace ram instead of upgrading ?

ratul

█████████████████
I checked dell inspiron 15r turbo on flipkart.com there its written:
Expandable Memory Upto 16 GB
System Memory 4 GB DDR3
Unused Slot - 0 so i guess it would be 2x2GB RAM and in that case i need to replace ram instead of upgrading ?

Flipkart??? :facepalm:
flipkart always messes up with configuration, they are not official site, but just an e-commerce site, so don't rely on it..
here's what's on dell's site for 15r turbo (15r is unavailable)..:
*i.imgur.com/oppgDA8.jpg

every model has either 4x1 or 4x2 variations in RAM...

Jakes

Broken In
Flipkart??? :facepalm:
flipkart always messes up with configuration, they are not official site, but just an e-commerce site, so don't rely on it..
here's what's on dell's site for 15r turbo (15r is unavailable)..:

Should I buy dell inspiron 15r turbo from flipkart ?

and does 1 DIMM means 1 slot ?

ratul

█████████████████
Should I buy dell inspiron 15r turbo from flipkart ?

and does 1 DIMM means 1 slot ?

i won't recommend to buy a laptop from flipkart, you can buy from dell's site or some dell showroom.. :)
and, in layman's language DIMM (dual in-line memory module) refers to the RAM itself, not the slot..
1DIMM means that the system comes installed with one RAM stick..

Jakes

Broken In
So you dont get Windows cd with the laptop.
I want to format reinstall windows 8. Does any one has a valid link to download windows 8 iso ?

guru_da_preet

Journeyman
Anybody having trouble connecting their wireless mouse in win8(of this laptop)...

My mouse connects once then it doesn't connect the second time in the same usb port...any ideas anyone

ratul

█████████████████
Anybody having trouble connecting their wireless mouse in win8(of this laptop)...

My mouse connects once then it doesn't connect the second time in the same usb port...any ideas anyone

the one that comes with this lappy??? that works for me fine in windows 8, try to re-install the drivers for the mouse from device manager..

So you dont get Windows cd with the laptop.
I want to format reinstall windows 8. Does any one has a valid link to download windows 8 iso ?

no dvd is provided by DELL. :(
you can download the iso from here, it's a legitimate iso, download the x64 one only, and install it on the system, if your's came pre-installed with windows 8, then it should pick up the key from the BIOS itself..

Does a FHD Anti Glare laptop reduce eye strain?

yes, coz they consist of a layer, which is said to filter harmful rays and cause less eye strain.. :D

ok, re-installed the bios, let's see what happens.. :pray:

ok, re-installing the bios did'nt helped, so now i RMA'd this, and they have said to replace charger, mobo and the port where charger is connected.. :-?
but now i am really worried that the mobo will be a refurbished one, dang.. :-(

sunshine123

Right off the assembly line
Hello everybody,
Got my new laptop, the new Dell Inspiron 15R turbo with Full HD display. Very happy with it except for the delivery time it took(~20days). The laptop is very cool, games run well enough and the display is brilliant. Battery life is approximately 4 hours at minimum settings. For my complete review of Dell Inspiron 15R Special edition/turbo with benchmarks.

Dell Inspiron 15R Special Edition Laptops.

Hoping to start to a new FB fan page...seriously impressed with this laptop:-D

dan4u

Took Off!!!
hey can anybody tell if the 15R/17R has SATA III or SATA II interface ?? you can check by downloading Crystaldiskinfo. under transfer mode, it will be either SATA/300 or SATA/600.....thanks in advance

sunshine123

Right off the assembly line
hey can anybody tell if the 15R/17R has SATA III or SATA II interface ?? you can check by downloading Crystaldiskinfo. under transfer mode, it will be either SATA/300 or SATA/600.....thanks in advance

It's SATA 3gbps, so obviously its SATA 2. The complete crystal disk benchmarks along with all other benchmarks for 15R Se is hereDell Inspiron 15R Special Edition Laptops

ratul

█████████████████

here's what CrystalDiskInfo Says:
*i.imgur.com/w3YdViR.jpg​

Hello everybody,
Got my new laptop, the new Dell Inspiron 15R turbo with Full HD display. Very happy with it except for the delivery time it took(~20days). The laptop is very cool, games run well enough and the display is brilliant. Battery life is approximately 4 hours at minimum settings. For my complete review of Dell Inspiron 15R Special edition/turbo with benchmarks.

Dell Inspiron 15R Special Edition Laptops.

Hoping to start to a new FB fan page...seriously impressed with this laptop:-D

congrats bro.. :doublethumb:
and woah, nice and detailed review you got there, good job.. :)
btw, there's no need to create a fb fan page, check my sig and join it there.. :wink:

josin

In the zone
ok, re-installing the bios did'nt helped, so now i RMA'd this, and they have said to replace charger, mobo and the port where charger is connected.. :-?
but now i am really worried that the mobo will be a refurbished one, dang.. :-(

No they are bringing new sealed ones for the time being..( usually the used/refurbished ones will have some trace of dust in it but the one i saw had no traces of it)

Top Bottom