Dell Inspiron 14R/15R/17R Turbo Laptop Thread

nandu26

In the zone
Hello everybody,
Got my new laptop, the new Dell Inspiron 15R turbo with Full HD display. Very happy with it except for the delivery time it took(~20days). The laptop is very cool, games run well enough and the display is brilliant. Battery life is approximately 4 hours at minimum settings. For my complete review of Dell Inspiron 15R Special edition/turbo with benchmarks.

Dell Inspiron 15R Special Edition Laptops.

Hoping to start to a new FB fan page...seriously impressed with this laptop:-D

Did you purchased this from Dell India? Can you upload a picture of yahoo.com in full HD resolution?Does the font in 1920x1080 resolution looks smaller?

ratul

█████████████████
No they are bringing new sealed ones for the time being..( usually the used/refurbished ones will have some trace of dust in it but the one i saw had no traces of it)

are you sure?? did the package it came in said "new" or "refurbished"?? coz the dvd-rom which was replaced in my lappy, was labelled as "refurbished" on the package, though it looked like a new one with no marks of use..
the refurbed parts are tested and cleaned to the extent they can be, so they look like brand new parts, so you just can't tell by the looks.. :?

saaransh9

Journeyman
are you sure?? did the package it came in said "new" or "refurbished"?? coz the dvd-rom which was replaced in my lappy, was labelled as "refurbished" on the package, though it looked like a new one with no marks of use..
the refurbed parts are tested and cleaned to the extent they can be, so they look like brand new parts, so you just can't tell by the looks.. :?

dont worry when i got my laptop mobo replaced it looked absolutely new with no dust n all any way now i have got my laptop replaced as i told and everything has been renewed including warranty :p

just remember to see all wires are joined i noticed he forgot to connect the led indicators n then he had to open it again n the windows product key sticker n all other stickers will be gone so take them out first before he packs them back.

sunshine123

Right off the assembly line
Guide to adjusting the too small font sizes and elements on the Full HD display
Dell Inspiron 15R Special Edition Laptops: Font Size in Full HD display

sunshine123

Did you purchased this from Dell India? Can you upload a picture of yahoo.com in full HD resolution?Does the font in 1920x1080 resolution looks smaller?

Yes, I did purchase my system from Dell India. Here is the pic
*picasaweb.google.com/lh/photo/cmkqTPAkS5LHeCW67NXBCmqhy7e8uWX7roZcJ_4qw_A?feat=directlink
but I did a few modifications and registry hacks so that the whole thing would appear bigger. Here's the guide to making things look bigger on a full HD display

nandu26

In the zone
Yes, I did purchase my system from Dell India. Here is the pic
*picasaweb.google.com/lh/photo/cmkqTPAkS5LHeCW67NXBCmqhy7e8uWX7roZcJ_4qw_A?feat=directlink
but I did a few modifications and registry hacks so that the whole thing would appear bigger. Here's the guide to making things look bigger on a full HD display

Does the display lose clarify after you made the above mentioned modifications? I searched regarding this and found that pictures will not look good if you increase the sizes.

Are you using 1920x1080 pixels after making the modifications?

ratul

█████████████████
dont worry when i got my laptop mobo replaced it looked absolutely new with no dust n all any way now i have got my laptop replaced as i told and everything has been renewed including warranty :p

just remember to see all wires are joined i noticed he forgot to connect the led indicators n then he had to open it again n the windows product key sticker n all other stickers will be gone so take them out first before he packs them back.

warranty renewed?? :? do you mean that the warranty has been extended from the day your lappy was replaced?? :shock:
and thanks for the suggestions, i'd take care of the sticker, but don't need it now, as i am running win8.. :p

sunshine123

Does the display lose clarify after you made the above mentioned modifications? I searched regarding this and found that pictures will not look good if you increase the sizes.

Are you using 1920x1080 pixels after making the modifications?

Of course, I'm not changing the native resolution. Its still 1920x1080. And things does not loose clarity except for a few badly designed icons in some programs. Other than that everything is very sharp and clear with the text being crisp and very readable.

Any body installed windows 7 without removing windows 8. Did you have to disable secure boot to do so? What about linux installations?? I am going to triple boot my PC with windows 8 as the basic OS, windows 7 for gaming and such stuff that lags the system and linux for ...well simply...Any ideas??

darkslayer

Broken In
guys please help,
few days back i bought dell inspiron 15r wid preinstalled windows 8 64 bit
today i formatted it and installed 32 bit windows 7
i'm not getting dell drivers for 32 bit windows
please nyone of u provide me the links to download all the required drivers for 32 bit version of windows?
will be really grateful

nandu26

In the zone
guys please help,
few days back i bought dell inspiron 15r wid preinstalled windows 8 64 bit
today i formatted it and installed 32 bit windows 7
i'm not getting dell drivers for 32 bit windows
please nyone of u provide me the links to download all the required drivers for 32 bit version of windows?
will be really grateful

I can only see 64 bit drivers for Win 7 and Win 8.

Drivers & Downloads | Dell India

ratul

█████████████████
that's what bro, even i could see 64 bits win 7 n 8 drivers
from where to get 32 bit drivers?
my model is dell inspiron 15 r 5520

why u installed 32-bit???
when u have 4GB RAM or more, 64bit is the way to go, 32bit can't even read full 4GB RAM.. :?

saaransh9

Journeyman
warranty renewed?? :? do you mean that the warranty has been extended from the day your lappy was replaced?? :shock:
and thanks for the suggestions, i'd take care of the sticker, but don't need it now, as i am running win8.. :p

yup warranty renewed as my replaced was processed on 3 jan so it now starts from 3 jan :)

n keeping the original win 7 sticker is always gud :)

achyutaghosh

Journeyman
Hi,

Recently upgraded my 15R Turbo to Windows 8. All is well except battery life has gone for a toss, Windows 7 offered atleast 20% extra life. Have any other users faced this issue? Is there any solution?

darkslayer

Broken In
why u installed 32-bit???
when u have 4GB RAM or more, 64bit is the way to go, 32bit can't even read full 4GB RAM.. :?

I installed 32 bit windows 7 because i'm visually challenged, and use a screen reader software "JAWS" to use a pc or a lappy
jaws isnt fully compatible wid 64 bit of windows
so reluctantly i had to let go genuine windows 8 and have installed 32 bit windows 7
now i'm not getting audio, video, wifi and other drivers
guys please help me to get 32 bit dell drivers
will be really gratified

RON28

Cyborg Agent
I installed 32 bit windows 7 because i'm visually challenged, and use a screen reader software "JAWS" to use a pc or a lappy
jaws isnt fully compatible wid 64 bit of windows
so reluctantly i had to let go genuine windows 8 and have installed 32 bit windows 7
now i'm not getting audio, video, wifi and other drivers
guys please help me to get 32 bit dell drivers
will be really gratified

i think you won't get the 32bit drivers from website, just post the your technical hardware information here, so that we can help you by giving drivers link, for example Intel or realtek or AMD drivers for 32bit.

darkslayer

Broken In
what all technical hardware information is required?
and where should i check it from?
the model name is dell inspiron 15r 5520
Dell New Inspiron 15R Laptop (3rd Gen Ci5/ 4GB/ 500GB/ Win8/ 1GB Graph) - Dell: Flipkart.com

sunshine123

Since AMD updated its drivers in CCC to 13.1, i did update it from AMD's site. After installing, device manager says that both AMD and Intel driver version is 8.892.6.0. and the date of driver shown is August 2012. Why am I not getting the latest drivers, any idea?

saaransh9

Journeyman
Since AMD updated its drivers in CCC to 13.1, i did update it from AMD's site. After installing, device manager says that both AMD and Intel driver version is 8.892.6.0. and the date of driver shown is August 2012. Why am I not getting the latest drivers, any idea?

can i get the link for 13.1 drivers

powerstarprince

In the zone
when u install new 13.1 dont check to install catalyst control center. Just make sure to install the new amd driver. Then see again in device manager. amd doesn't support switchable graphics notebooks. so its best to first install driver frm manufacturer's website and then install only the latest amd driver to update it. Dont install ccc included in 13.1 nor install intel hd driver seperately it will screw switchable graphics.

Top Bottom