Dell Inspiron 14R/15R/17R Turbo Laptop Thread

Jripper

Pro/An---tagonist xD
Does anyone have an issue with the apostrophe/quotes key? As in you have to press the key and then space or another letter to make the " ' "sign appear?

potheadninja

Broken In
^I thought New Lappy (S03/4) donno got overheating...

Please stop misleading people, on hardware front the only difference between the newer models and the original ones is that newer ones lack blue ray drive. S03 & S04 heat up like a frying pan similar to the original S01 & S02, only a design overhaul can fix the overheating and throttling issues in the np550 series but since the laptop has already been in the market for couple of months I dont see that happening.

ashutosh_jain

Broken In
Are the speakers in these the same as said by Dell...i know that Dell is on of the bets laptop laptop to go for but what about the sound quality on them....

saaransh9

Journeyman
Are the speakers in these the same as said by Dell...i know that Dell is on of the bets laptop laptop to go for but what about the sound quality on them....

u have any doubts from ur location u live in noida just go to GIP n there the dell showroom 15r se is on display check it out there

u have any doubts from ur location u live in noida just go to GIP n there the dell showroom 15r se is on display check it out there

admn_head

Broken In
hi guyz i'm planning to buy 15r turbo n settled for v540718in8 (8gb model)...

whereas i inquired to a regional distributor in my state and they gave quote as under:

v540717in8 (4gb model) - 60k (after bargain)
+ add 4gb tamkor ram ddr3 - free
So total cost 60k (inclusive of taxes & shipping) for this model with 8gb ram but variant is v540717in8
also they are offering some additional diwali offers.. some perk.. which i don't care...

is it advisable to go for this deal considering ram brand mentioned above and who knows they might even install used/refurbished ram in a new lappy.. but they are regional distributors for dell india...

Kindly reply guyz wid ur views...

saaransh9

Journeyman
hi guyz i'm planning to buy 15r turbo n settled for v540718in8 (8gb model)...

whereas i inquired to a regional distributor in my state and they gave quote as under:

v540717in8 (4gb model) - 60k (after bargain)
+ add 4gb tamkor ram ddr3 - free
So total cost 60k (inclusive of taxes & shipping) for this model with 8gb ram but variant is v540717in8
also they are offering some additional diwali offers.. some perk.. which i don't care...

is it advisable to go for this deal considering ram brand mentioned above and who knows they might even install used/refurbished ram in a new lappy.. but they are regional distributors for dell india...

Kindly reply guyz wid ur views...

i think u should not go for its risky about the refurbished ram n i never heard the company.
instead buy a 4gb transcend ram form flipkart n install it n buy the laptop online it will cost u less n better peace of mind

RAM - Buy Computer Components Online at Best Prices in India Only at Flipkart.com

Jripper

Pro/An---tagonist xD
^ I guess it is a problem with the keyboard type or something. Its not like the key does not work. It works fine,but it waits for a 2nd keystroke to make the sign appear.

I have heard about this in spanish keyboards where you need to press a key twice to make a special character appear. Don't know why it is happening in these laptops with usa keyboard layout though.

sam142000

Journeyman
yup, i am facing. what is the problem with the system?

I too was dacing the same problem a while ago. Its got something to do with the language settings in the control panel. Delete the current setting and set new ones.
Even the Dell CC wasn't able to solve the problem. So, no good calling them.

guru_da_preet

Journeyman
Hi,

I'm going to order the 15R turbo today..i talked to sale representative from dell on the phone and he gave me the option to choose WIN 7 or 8..if I can choose which should i go for????

plz reply fast

savvy

Broken In
Can i increase the RAM of 14R Turbo model(base configuration)from 4gb to 8gb ?? I have decided to go for 14R because Enduro is not good for gaming as per i am concerned...

dashing.sujay

Moving
Staff member
Hi,

I'm going to order the 15R turbo today..i talked to sale representative from dell on the phone and he gave me the option to choose WIN 7 or 8..if I can choose which should i go for????

plz reply fast

Win 7, simpler and better.

Can i increase the RAM of 14R Turbo model(base configuration)from 4gb to 8gb ?? I have decided to go for 14R because Enduro is not good for gaming as per i am concerned...

Yes, get Corsair.

ratul

█████████████████
Does anyone have an issue with the apostrophe/quotes key? As in you have to press the key and then space or another letter to make the " ' "sign appear?

no, i am not facing such a problem, the key works fine here.. :p

Hi,

plz reply fast

if you can do with some tweaks here and there, then win8..
i installed start8, disabled hot corners, win7 start menu, and voila, now can't tell difference b/w 7 & 8 visually, and can have all benefits of 8, fast startup/shutdown time, better memory management, better battery management (getting 4 hrs acc to batterycare)..

Jripper

Pro/An---tagonist xD
Deletd english(India) and set to english(US).

Issue fixed. No problem with the key anymore :)

Okay so I installed my old games arkham asylum and dirt 2 to check gpu capabilities.
However, I am getting 25-30 fps in dirt 2 all maxed out and 45-60 fps in arkham asylum all maxed out. This seems a bit low for the 7730m. I am talking about dirt 2 here.

Is it using hd 4000??

I have set both games to "high performance" mode though.

Last edited:
Top Bottom