Dell Inspiron 14R/15R/17R Turbo Laptop Thread

Jripper

Pro/An---tagonist xD
Okay so I bought a new router(Tp link w8961nd) and configured it on my desktop.
How do I access the router's wifi on laptop?
Here is what I am doing:- Turn on laptop,turn of wifi, it is detecting the wifi signal of my router, when I connect to it,it shows connecting and then connects, but there is no net access. In properties it shows Ipv4 and IPv6 are not connected.

Can anyone help me?

Posting screens:-(laptop)

After connecting ==> *i45.tinypic.com/161ewyo.jpg

But when i select properties of the connection it shows:- *i46.tinypic.com/foztl3.png

And lan is disabled(how is network cable unplugged on a laptop? o_O):- *i47.tinypic.com/2ntxutj.png

Please help people.

dan4u

Took Off!!!
^^ select diagnose, sometimes that works. how did you add your laptop to the router?? did you press the WPS button to add??

hey does the Inspiron 17R turbo with i5 come with a 90W adapter and with i7 come with 130W adapter?? or does both have 90W??

anybody??

Jripper

Pro/An---tagonist xD
^ Diagnostics can't show anything. Yes I am using bsnl. Net is working okay in desktop. Not working in laptop.

No did not use the WPS key. Do I need to use that??

I just turned on laptop,turned on wifi,it is detecting the router signal, i am connecting to it. but no internet access. :SS

dan4u

Took Off!!!
yes Its better that you use WPS key. are you able to access the router page from your laptop? type 192.168.1.1 or 192.168.0.1 in your browser and check

Jripper

Pro/An---tagonist xD
Tried wps key. still same result.

This is strange.

I am using bridged mode to connect from my desktop btw.

And yes router page is accessible from laptop. Just no net -_-

Last edited:

ratul

█████████████████
Okay so I bought a new router(Tp link w8961nd) and configured it on my desktop.
How do I access the router's wifi on laptop?
Here is what I am doing:- Turn on laptop,turn of wifi, it is detecting the wifi signal of my router, when I connect to it,it shows connecting and then connects, but there is no net access. In properties it shows Ipv4 and IPv6 are not connected.

Can anyone help me?

Posting screens:-(laptop)

After connecting ==> *i45.tinypic.com/161ewyo.jpg

But when i select properties of the connection it shows:- *i46.tinypic.com/foztl3.png

And lan is disabled(how is network cable unplugged on a laptop? o_O):- *i47.tinypic.com/2ntxutj.png

Please help people.

have you properly configured the router for the IP's and all???
if your ISP has given you some IP to config, then feed it into the router's settings, and make the IPv4 settings in the control panel to automatically detect it..
and Local Area Connection would be unplugged only as you are connected to wifi, not lan.. (duh..)

Jripper

Pro/An---tagonist xD
@dan4u:- Upon selecting ppoa/ppoe net doesn't connect. -_- It connects randomly and then disconnects randomly. In bridged mode it atleast connects consistently.

@ratul Well never had a router before, and i configured it via the manual,but there seems to be issues with it. under pppoe it doesn't give me a proper connection(fed details o the router) in bridged mode i am able to connect the old usual way though.And IPv4 and IPv6 are both set as "acquire connection automatically".

There must be something I am doing wrong but can't figure out what it is.

Update:- Okay I figured out the problem. The net isn't working on laptop if router is in bridged mode. Its working in pppoe mode.

But the problem is, in pppoe mode, the net connection is always on! how do I fix this? No way to disable net? o_O
And also, sometimes the net gets disconnected randomly,and it connects again randomly as well. ANy ideas?

ratul

█████████████████
@dan4u:- Upon selecting ppoa/ppoe net doesn't connect. -_- It connects randomly and then disconnects randomly. In bridged mode it atleast connects consistently.

@ratul Well never had a router before, and i configured it via the manual,but there seems to be issues with it. under pppoe it doesn't give me a proper connection(fed details o the router) in bridged mode i am able to connect the old usual way though.And IPv4 and IPv6 are both set as "acquire connection automatically".

There must be something I am doing wrong but can't figure out what it is.

Update:- Okay I figured out the problem. The net isn't working on laptop if router is in bridged mode. Its working in pppoe mode.

But the problem is, in pppoe mode, the net connection is always on! how do I fix this? No way to disable net? o_O
And also, sometimes the net gets disconnected randomly,and it connects again randomly as well. ANy ideas?

Why you even want to disable net??
just press fn+f2 and wifi is disabled.. :p
And net getting disconnected might be signal problem if you have the latest drivers installed..

Jripper

Pro/An---tagonist xD
You are not getting it man. I am saying how do I disconnect from net on my desktop without turning off router(Sorry if OT post).

And no signal is full. The net on lappy is only getting dc when the main connection is lost from the router. Not a signal issue.
I guess i better take this problem to the router section.

Lappy is working fine when there is a connection.

ankit.malik

Right off the assembly line
hey guys help me out !!
i am planning to buy a new dell laptop ..

my requirements are - 3rd gen i7, 8gb ram, 1tb hard disk, 2gb nvidia gpu .

now if we consider these configurations then there is one option and it costs >100K (link: 3D Inspiron 17R Turbo laptop | Dell India)
so ,i have an option to buy inspiron from US(link :Inspiron 17R Special Edition 3D Laptop | Dell ) ,which includes everything and ever cheaper than above one.
but the real problem is - power cord !! as in print summary it says it consists of 125v power cord (which is in US), so i would like to know whether there is any option like buying a new power cord here in india ? if output is same i.e., 19.5w ??
or can they provide universal one there?
or any other suggestion is welcome :)
please reply !

sugs77

Broken In
To all those who have purchased the 15R Turbo in the last few weeks, can you please tell whether DELL India is still providing the 32GB mSATA along with the 1TB HDD or they have stopped it??Please confirm.....

josin

In the zone
You are not getting it man. I am saying how do I disconnect from net on my desktop without turning off router(Sorry if OT post).

And no signal is full. The net on lappy is only getting dc when the main connection is lost from the router. Not a signal issue.
I guess i better take this problem to the router section.

Lappy is working fine when there is a connection.

Your net connection is always on because your router is configured to dial the connection when it is turned on (see on Wan>PPoe>PPP user name and password). You can disable the password in in router so that your router will not dial the connection automatically but then you have to create a dial up manually in Network sharing center> Setup anew connection or network> connect to internet> give connection name username and password. The main disadvantage of this type of connection is that you cant connect more than one device to net at a time. For more information go to BSNL broad band forum

achyutaghosh

Journeyman
To all those who have purchased the 15R Turbo in the last few weeks, can you please tell whether DELL India is still providing the 32GB mSATA along with the 1TB HDD or they have stopped it??Please confirm.....

I got mine last week, didnt get the 32 GB mSATA

sj2202

Broken In
Guys after a LOT OF CONFUSION I have finally decided to buy the inspiron 17r SE(i5,1080P).
Just wanted to know a few things....
1.What is the average delivery time?
2.After I book the laptop online......it says that a dell representative will call me and ask for further details.....what all is included in it?
3.How can I get the 3% discount?(and other freebies)

Thanks in advance.. :)

saaransh9

Journeyman
Guys after a LOT OF CONFUSION I have finally decided to buy the inspiron 17r SE(i5,1080P).
2.After I book the laptop online......it says that a dell representative will call me and ask for further details.....what all is included in it?

call them from the number mentioned at their website they will help u order it

karkeo

Broken In

Ya me too .but im goin for 1600*900 one.

i'll definitely ask for freebies and discount .
some one also mentioned that you'll get a central govt discount of 5 percent dunno if its true.

ny way do post the overall cost incurred

sj2202

Broken In
Ya me too .but im goin for 1600*900 one.

i'll definitely ask for freebies and discount .
some one also mentioned that you'll get a central govt discount of 5 percent dunno if its true.

ny way do post the overall cost incurred

Ya sure...I'll do post the overall cost...
But why aren't you going for the 1080p version??....I heard stuff like 900p on 17inch screen is not good or something like that...not sure.. :-S

karkeo

Broken In
Ya sure...I'll do post the overall cost...
But why aren't you going for the 1080p version??....I heard stuff like 900p on 17inch screen is not good or something like that...not sure.. :-S

well its the price.my budget was max 60.also i plan on gaming as priority.and i came to know that you won't notice the difference unless you are watching hd movier or something.
well liaisoning is still on with sales to reduce the price by decreasing the ram or something .
And diwali and no offers !!!!its insane
will visit dell showroom today
planning to order this week.

Top Bottom