Dell Inspiron 14R/15R/17R Turbo Laptop Thread

ratul

█████████████████
Guys help me confused between i5 fhd one n i7 with 4gb ram

it's upto you, 4GB RAM is not that of big deal as you can add more later, and performance difference between i5 and i7 is massive, as one is dual core, other is quad core..
though you'll lose FHD on i7 one, but i'd say that if you can't stretch your budget for i7 FHD, then also go with i7, as it's more future proof, and 768p screen is not that bad for me.. :p
Rest is upto what you prefer more, performance or display..

Anytimeretail - Is it a good site to deal with for laptops?

never heard of it.... :unsure:

ratul

█████████████████
is it? i didt know there was such an option.

Off topic: Got my 15R very recently. Check my signature:razz:

congrats dude... njoy ur lappy... :doublethumb:
and DELL Turbo's with 768p have glossy screen and FHD ones have anti-reflective screen..

saaransh9

Journeyman
congrats dude... njoy ur lappy... :doublethumb:
and DELL Turbo's with 768p have glossy screen and FHD ones have anti-reflective screen..

just received the quotes i7 4gb ram for 58000 with 3% students discount or 59800 with free headphones n without student discount i think if i talk to him further he will give me further freebees

bagdeabhishek

Right off the assembly line
Guyz Noticed a small change in specifications of the laptops,The processor in top end models have been revised from 3612QM to 3632QM any improvements to be seen? and also is the mobile graphic switching technology with AMD as good as Optimus? because reading around forums there seem to be some minor niggles. Anyways i am planning on buying the top model of inspiron 15r turbo with fHD screen,now that Croma is selling the dell laptops any chance that the would have the fhd model or buying online is only the way to get it? thnx in advance for the help..

ratul

█████████████████
has anyone used win 8????
will there any driver prob. after upgrade????

my win7 has gone corrupted (BT not working, certain keys not working etc.) so i am gonna install win8 2mrw, will tell you by then..
I hated win8, but found the replacement of the feature i hated, the start menu, will use Start8 instead, so basically will look like win7 only.. :mrgreen:
and there should'nt be driver problems, as DELL has released all the necessary drivers for win8 separately..

Guyz Noticed a small change in specifications of the laptops,The processor in top end models have been revised from 3612QM to 3632QM any improvements to be seen? and also is the mobile graphic switching technology with AMD as good as Optimus? because reading around forums there seem to be some minor niggles. Anyways i am planning on buying the top model of inspiron 15r turbo with fHD screen,now that Croma is selling the dell laptops any chance that the would have the fhd model or buying online is only the way to get it? thnx in advance for the help..

they both are same only, except for the extra 100mhz boost in 3632qm, you won't even notice it anywhere, they both perform similarly..
and yes, AMD's Enduro is still in it's blooming stage, whereas Optimus has matured enough to stay out of conflicts... Hope AMD soon enhances the Enduro for smoother experience...

SurajP

For sale Dell Inspiron 15R turbo 7520
i7 3rd gen
4GB RAM
2 GB graphic
1TB HDD
Contact 9222282240
New piece unopened with 1 year+3 month total damage cover warranty

potheadninja

Broken In
I recently ran 3dmark11 benchmark after installing 12.11 beta drivers. Here are the results,

Graphics score-2034
Final score-P2200

These scores were achieved with following clock values,

Core clock-710
Memory clock-940

PS- I own i5 version of the laptop, i7 laptops will get approximately 100 points more in the final score because of the increased performance in the physics test.

ratul

█████████████████
I recently ran 3dmark11 benchmark after installing 12.11 beta drivers. Here are the results,

Graphics score-2034
Final score-P2200

These scores were achieved with following clock values,

Core clock-710
Memory clock-940

PS- I own i5 version of the laptop, i7 laptops will get approximately 100 points more in the final score because of the increased performance in the physics test.

lol, earlier u were'nt able to go beyond 630mhz and i was able to go @ 675mhz, now you have stability @ 710mhz, that's cool... :p
btw, i have installed windows 8 with Start8 (hated the new Start menu, now more feels like win7), all drivers are stable now, but gaming has a hit of 2-3fps, every game i tried is getting 2-3fps less than win7... :(

potheadninja

Broken In
lol, earlier u were'nt able to go beyond 630mhz and i was able to go @ 675mhz, now you have stability @ 710mhz, that's cool... :p
btw, i have installed windows 8 with Start8 (hated the new Start menu, now more feels like win7), all drivers are stable now, but gaming has a hit of 2-3fps, every game i tried is getting 2-3fps less than win7... :(

Bios version a04 fixed my overclocking related stability issues, actually my stable clocks are 730 & 960 but I have been using 710 & 940 to avoid over pressuring my gpu. I'm glad to see 7730m performing like a champ, gcn really rocks. I can't comment on win8 related issues coz I have never used it and probably never will, my only guess is that amd didnt get enough time to optimize 12.11 drivers for win8. They have released the win8 compatible driver but not the optimized one, I suggest you to wait for new drivers. If those drivers behave similarly then the best option is to revert back to win7.

ratul

█████████████████
Hi All!! Off topic:: How many fps do U get on the new MostWanted Game ???? :-o

well i play this game :)P:oops:) and getting 30-35fps (on win8) and 35-40fps (on win7) on everything set to high..
for smoother gameplay, i play on medium and give 40-50fps, as fps drops in this game is a common issue, it's too not a good console port.. :-?
You can see my gameplay video too here:
Youtube NFS Most Wanted 2012 Gameplay by ratul.

Bios version a04 fixed my overclocking related stability issues, actually my stable clocks are 730 & 960 but I have been using 710 & 940 to avoid over pressuring my gpu. I'm glad to see 7730m performing like a champ, gcn really rocks. I can't comment on win8 related issues coz I have never used it and probably never will, my only guess is that amd didnt get enough time to optimize 12.11 drivers for win8. They have released the win8 compatible driver but not the optimized one, I suggest you to wait for new drivers. If those drivers behave similarly then the best option is to revert back to win7.

well i am on A07 BIOS, as it was the one only compatible with UEFI enabled win8, can't revert back now i think.. :(
and yes, 7730m is really a great overclocker and GCN is rocking too, and AMD will definitely fix the drivers for WIN8 as DELL laptops are now shipped with pre-installed win8, so they won't make this large bunch of people suffer for long.. :)

ratul

█████████████████
BTW guys, i today bought 1TB WD 3.0 Elements SE @4.5k from nehru place, it's really awesome..
Check pics here..

Last edited:

Broken In
BTW guys, i today bought 1TB WD 3.0 Elements SE @4.5k from nehru place, it's really awesome..
Check pics here..

Nice pics man :-D.... i too have bought a 1tb hdd.. but it is a segate backup plus :p. and I also have the E10M :cool:

saaransh9

Journeyman
Check pics here..

thnks ratul for your suggestion i bought the 15r turbo i7 4gb ram with windows 7(i will upgrade it later as the win8 model had only windows8 but after up gradation i will win8 pro :p).

costed me 58000 after 3% student discount n with a wireless mouse free. :)

ratul

█████████████████
Nice pics man :-D.... i too have bought a 1tb hdd.. but it is a segate backup plus :p. and I also have the E10M :cool:

thnks, and E10 is really awsm.. :)

thnks ratul for your suggestion i bought the 15r turbo i7 4gb ram with windows 7(i will upgrade it later as the win8 model had only windows8 but after up gradation i will win8 pro :p).

costed me 58000 after 3% student discount n with a wireless mouse free. :)

congrats bro, njoy the xperience and do post your review....

rogue_47

finally placed an order for 15R Turbo. i5,8GB,1TB,2GB,FHD for 62,645! as on today, status shows "Manufacturing built complete" from yesterday's "Work in progress". How many days is it likely to take now to ship to Ahmedabad? *www.thinkdigit.com/forum/images/smilies/icon_biggrin.gif

I appreciate all the help! :)

xAlias

Got a 15R SE yesterday for my brother as a gift. Its a great Value for money machine considering the specs.

The config is i5 3210M , 6Gb, 750gb 7200 rpm, 7730m, 1080p.

Pros:-
1. Super quiet and cool even while gaming. Even running Prime95 pushes the processor to around 70'C only. This is with an ambient temperature of 22'C so that may vary depending on outside temps a little.
2. Enduro for GPU switching is a lot better with the 12.11 beta catalyst driver. Gives a good boost to performance and increased the 3Dmark11 scores from 1700 to 2000 on stock clocks! That puts it above a 640M and near 650M territory.
3. Beautiful 1080p screen with good colors and nice blacks. Definately should get 1080p if you looking at this laptop as the screen is worth the extra cash with good brightness.

Cons:-
1. Heavy and bulky as we are in the era of the ultrabooks.

Top Bottom