Dell Inspiron 14R/15R/17R Turbo Laptop Thread

nick191

Journeyman
i have decribed them earlier to you in a post, GTA 4 (85c) and F1 2012 Demo (90c, it was using intel GPU)..

thank you so much for information
sorry i am new to this forum so doesn't know that !
how much dell cost you ?
Yet confused which to buy ?

player100

Broken In
Woww, you are lucky bro ! you must be enjoying with the latest laptop. BTW, please provide your feedback on FHD screen, have you heard any issues like dead pixel, white or red dots in the FHD screens ?
Also, adding 3D option adds a whooping 30K to the price tag, can you tell me if thats worth in case of laptops ?

Yep... enjoying a bit of games...... and the screen looks good, no dead pixel and dots.... and 3d depends on u.... if u want to use 3d then take it..... mostly u will be able to use 3d for movies and other videos... not so good for games because of the graphics card is not very strong in terms of fps.

nick191

Journeyman
Yep... enjoying a bit of games...... and the screen looks good, no dead pixel and dots.... and 3d depends on u.... if u want to use 3d then take it..... mostly u will be able to use 3d for movies and other videos... not so good for games because of the graphics card is not very strong in terms of fps.

i am going for SAMSUNG NP550P5C-S02IN !

ratul

█████████████████
guys me help me buy extra 4/8 gb ram.. dell's is ddr3 right? is it 1600 or 1300?

yes, it's DDR3 1600mhz, and i have taken the pic (see spoiler) to show you the ram that comes pre-installed in this lappy..
*i.imgur.com/SGBzX.jpg

In the pic, if you see the logo of the company producing this ram, i think the logo belongs to Micron Technology..

Last edited:

antisocialbratt

Journeyman
I'll. Gimme a few minutes.

*imageshack.us/a/img818/821/02102012224.th.jpg
*imageshack.us/a/img802/4130/02102012223.th.jpg
*imageshack.us/a/img833/9152/02102012222.th.jpg

I've uploaded one pic with my G15 Keyboard on. So that you can compare the brightness with a premium backlit keyboard.

game-freak

In the zone
wanted to buy 17r SE base model that came wth gt650m but it seems dell has discontinued that model n replaced the gfx card wth 7730m does any 1 out here have any info if the old model wth gt650m will be available any time soon or has it been permanently discontinued
my second choice is 14r SE but i couldn't find any benchmarks n reviews so it would b gr8 if sm1 who owns 14r SE could tell me how the laptop is and if it has any heating or throttling issues as i will be using it to play games
thnx in advance

wanted to buy 17r SE base model that came wth gt650m but it seems dell has discontinued that model n replaced the gfx card wth 7730m does any 1 out here have any info if the old model wth gt650m will be available any time soon or has it been permanently discontinued
my second choice is 14r SE but i couldn't find any benchmarks n reviews so it would b gr8 if sm1 who owns 14r SE could tell me how the laptop is and if it has any heating or throttling issues as i will be using it to play games
thnx in advance

indranath

Broken In
ok are you sure about the slot?

yes the order confirmation and quotation clearly states this, even I had enquired with dell rep and he also confirmed this.

if possible, can you take a pic of msata and the slot??

My laptop has not been delivered yet. Now the delayed delivery date stands as 10th Oct. Even today I spoke to the dell guys and was assured that fresh stock of FHD screens have arrived at their factory and the engineering hold they have on these screens will be lifted tomorrow. Keeping my fingers crossed.

if possible, can you take a pic of msata and the slot??

just came across this, quite informative -

*en.community.dell.com/support-forums/laptop/f/3518/p/19464998/20178932.aspx

game-freak

In the zone
can sm1 plz answer my quries regarding 14r SE mentioned in post #1750 (preferably sm1 who owns the same model)

can sm1 plz answer my quries regarding 14r SE mentioned in post #1750 (preferably sm1 who owns the same model)

and im vry sorry 4 the double post as im using my ps3 browser and dnt know why but i can't edit my post and for sm unknown reason what ever i post is posted twice

and im vry sorry 4 the double post as im using my ps3 browser and dnt know why but i can't edit my post and for sm unknown reason what ever i post is posted twice

nick191

Journeyman
I'll. Gimme a few minutes.

*imageshack.us/a/img818/821/02102012224.th.jpg
*imageshack.us/a/img802/4130/02102012223.th.jpg
*imageshack.us/a/img833/9152/02102012222.th.jpg

I've uploaded one pic with my G15 Keyboard on. So that you can compare the brightness with a premium backlit keyboard.

thank you !

guru_da_preet

Journeyman
hi,

I want to know if the 14R has a better gaming performance than the 15R...because on notebook check the GT640 performs better then the HD7730.

OP
rider

rider

as Kratos
hi,

I want to know if the 14R has a better gaming performance than the 15R...because on notebook check the GT640 performs better then the HD7730.

Both are almost same in gaming performance. Better to buy 15.6" as it is mainstream model with bigger screen.
Bigger screen = Better gaming

potheadninja

Broken In
hi,

Notebookcheck gpu rankings are mainly based on 3dmark tests and I recently learned that 3dmark tests traditionally favour nvidia cards. So the difference between two cards is not that great as everyone makes it out to be. I have tried many games in my 15r se and in all of them im getting almost the same fps compared to 14r se with the exception of bfbc2 (less fps) and witcher 2 (more fps), that being said I would prefer 14r se because it is more portable, screen has more ppi and 640m has many more features than 7730m.

Top Bottom