Dell Inspiron 14R/15R/17R Turbo Laptop Thread

nick191

Journeyman
Hi guys,can you please give me some suggestions ?
i want to buy a LAPTOP for GAMING suggest me any one !

Dell New Inspiron 17R SE Laptop (3rd Gen Ci5/ 4GB/ 1TB/ Win7 HP/ 2GB Graph): Flipkart.com: Compare, Review Dell Notebook

Samsung Series 5 NP550P5C-S02IN 3rd Gen Ci7/8GB/1TB/2GB Graphics/Win 7 HP: Flipkart.com: Compare, Review Samsung Notebook

Dell New Inspiron 15R SE Laptop (3rd Gen Ci7/ 8GB/ 1TB/ Win7 HP/ 2GB Graph): Flipkart.com: Compare, Review Dell Notebook

HOW IS 17R SE ? It has i5 it is good enough for playing ALL GAMES in ULTRA ?

which one is the best choice for future GAMING (3 years) ?

Last edited:

Emre9110

Broken In
Hi,

I have a Samsung laptops and its specification is i5 3210 cpu 6 gb 1600 mhz ram 750 gb 5400 rpm hdd 2 gb amd hd 7730 gpu , 15.6" Hd (1366x768).

My driver version is 8.951.9.3000 and its build date is 18.04.2012

From Amd Catalyt Control Center I chose high performance gpu from game settings high and off msaa ,Then entered the Fifa 2013 (FIFA 13 ULTIMATE EDITION – FULL UNLOCKED – MULTI12(Skidrowgames.net)+Reloaded Crack) Fps value is max 25-26

When i chose lower performance gpu from game settings high and off msaa then entered the Fifa 2013 fps value is 60 in the middle field. In front of the goal (i mean when supporter in the screen) fps is minumum and its value is 30.

It is strange :shock:

Here, FIFA 13 Benchmarked - Notebookcheck.net Reviews

640 m ultra 1920x1080 High 4xMSAA 113 fps ?

Please, someone tell me what is your fifa 2013 fps value ? And your driver version ?

RON28

Cyborg Agent
^^^talking about piracy is not allowed..may be that game is more biased towards Nvidia cards. because AMD 7670M at 1080p is giving 65 fps.

player100

Broken In
Download the latest graphics driver for NVIDIA GPU launched yesterday.... i.e 306.97
Link : Drivers - Download NVIDIA Drivers

I have updated and my dell 17r SE benchmark has improved a lot

3DMark 11

SCORE
P2390 3DMarks
GRAPHICS SCORE
PHYSICS SCORE
COMBINED SCORE

Earlier with 306.23WHQL it was
SCORE
P2167 3DMarks
GRAPHICS SCORE
PHYSICS SCORE
COMBINED SCORE

Last edited:

Emre9110

Broken In
Hi,

I have a Samsung laptops and its specification is i5 3210 cpu 6 gb 1600 mhz ram 750 gb 5400 rpm hdd 2 gb amd hd 7730 gpu , 15.6" Hd (1366x768).

My driver version is 8.951.9.3000 and its build date is 18.04.2012

From Amd Catalyt Control Center I chose high performance gpu from game settings high and off msaa ,Then entered the Fifa 2013 (FIFA 13 ULTIMATE EDITION – FULL UNLOCKED – MULTI12(Skidrowgames.net)+Reloaded Crack) Fps value is max 25-26

When i chose lower performance gpu from game settings high and off msaa then entered the Fifa 2013 fps value is 60 in the middle field. In front of the goal (i mean when supporter in the screen) fps is minumum and its value is 30.

It is strange :shock:

Here, FIFA 13 Benchmarked - Notebookcheck.net Reviews

640 m ultra 1920x1080 High 4xMSAA 113 fps ?

Please, someone tell me what is your fifa 2013 fps value ? And your driver version ?

ratul

█████████████████

i don't think that any of the users here would be having fifa 13, unless they are pirates as you are..
wait until someone gets their hands on it...

Broken In
i don't think that any of the users here would be having fifa 13, unless they are pirates as you are..
wait until someone gets their hands on it...
Am not for Piracy and such. But think of this... average cost of a meal in the U.S is around 30$ == Rs.1500 . Almost the same food (maybe not the same brand) will cost around Rs 100 to 150 in India. A pc game costs around 40$ in the Us == Rs 2000. In India Rs.1500.

Would you not 'pirate' food if it is sold at the same U.S. price ie @ Rs1500 a meal?? There is something fundamentally wrong about this dollar to rupee conversion rate.

I would gladly purchase a game if it is sold at say 200... 500 rs. Till games become affordable we Indians will find ways to make it affordable.

Pankaj Jaiswal

Right off the assembly line
15R SE/Turbo FHD(1920*1080p) screen model is back...both i5 and i7 model at the same old Price...(i5-54,990,i7-62,990) and dell 17R SE/turbo price also slashed to 95K

dan4u

Took Off!!!
Its now called Dell Inspiron 15R/14R/17R Turbo, not special edition....Dell Inspiron Turbo

Am not for Piracy and such. But think of this... average cost of a meal in the U.S is around 30$ == Rs.1500 . Almost the same food (maybe not the same brand) will cost around Rs 100 to 150 in India. A pc game costs around 40$ in the Us == Rs 2000. In India Rs.1500.

Would you not 'pirate' food if it is sold at the same U.S. price ie @ Rs1500 a meal?? There is something fundamentally wrong about this dollar to rupee conversion rate.

I would gladly purchase a game if it is sold at say 200... 500 rs. Till games become affordable we Indians will find ways to make it affordable.

you must be joking, in the US almost all big studio games are priced between $50-$60 at the time of release, in India that same game would be priced at Rs.999 or Rs.1499, and in rare cases above 2k, after a couple of months or a year the price comes down to $25-$40 in the US, at that same time the price in India would be between Rs.300-600.
I don't know how you got food involved in this but let me point out one thing, for the same amount of money we pay in India in Mcdonalds/KFC/pizzahut/dominos in the US we'll get nearly double the quantity and also variety, plus quality. In the west, burgers/Pizza is like our dosa/pav bhaji, what is cheap there will be costly here, so Food cannot be compared, its different everywhere, but software/games is same everywhere.

Broken In
Its now called Dell Inspiron 15R/14R/17R Turbo, not special edition....Dell Inspiron Turbo

you must be joking, in the US almost all big studio games are priced between $50-$60 at the time of release, in India that same game would be priced at Rs.999 or Rs.1499, and in rare cases above 2k, after a couple of months or a year the price comes down to $25-$40 in the US, at that same time the price in India would be between Rs.300-600.
I don't know how you got food involved in this but let me point out one thing, for the same amount of money we pay in India in Mcdonalds/KFC/pizzahut/dominos in the US we'll get nearly double the quantity and also variety, plus quality. In the west, burgers/Pizza is like our dosa/pav bhaji, what is cheap there will be costly here, so Food cannot be compared, its different everywhere, but software/games is same everywhere.

Dude, Price reduction is there only for PC games.. Console games are sold at same dollar to rupee converted price.. :D

And am just sayin that the cost of living is very low in India when compared to the U.s . 50,000 a month will app enough for middle class person to live while in U.S U can't live with 1000$ a month right??

for them 40 $ is nothing!!! For us it is a good sum of money . so only there is piracy in India and it will always exist.
I have not been to the U.s and this is only from what I heard.
I might be wrong :D

Last edited:

sugs77

Broken In
They have brought back the FHD in the renamed "Turbo". But they have ditched the 32GB mSATA again!!!!!! I cant understand why is DELL India doing like this again & again.......will they introduce the mSATA again????? how long we need to wait for that???

OP
rider

rider

as Kratos
Hello friends! I want to ask why dell laptops changed the name from special edition to turbo? Is there any change or same thing but just different name?

dan4u

Took Off!!!
Dude, Price reduction is there only for PC games.. Console games are sold at same dollar to rupee converted price.. :D

And am just sayin that the cost of living is very low in India when compared to the U.s . 50,000 a month will app enough for middle class person to live while in U.S U can't live with 1000$ a month right??

for them 40 $ is nothing!!! For us it is a good sum of money . so only there is piracy in India and it will always exist.
I have not been to the U.s and this is only from what I heard.
I might be wrong :D

yea I was talking about PC games, console games are sold at the same rate as abroad. and we're lucky to get PC games at a reduced rate, like I said software is the same in every part of the world, so technically they can be sold at the same price every where, but thankfully we're getting it at a lower rate. that's because very few people were buying games in India, so to attract customers they reduced the price, gradually as more people start buying games they'll increase the price:-(. the price of console games cannot be reduced because there's a licensing fee, which PC games don't have. and yea cost of living is higher there. I've seen lots of people in the US asking if they can buy PC games from ebay India and get it shipped to the US:p, lol its usually the other way around, but not in the case of PC games:wink:

ratul

█████████████████
Hello friends! I want to ask why dell laptops changed the name from special edition to turbo? Is there any change or same thing but just different name?

It's the same thing bro, they just re-branded the series, that's it.. :wink:

17r SE is hell of a laptop . Its a Beast ..! :D :D

BTW why isn't the non 3D 17rSE not available on Indian Dell website .?

that should be asked to DELL rather than here.. :wink:..

OP
rider

rider

as Kratos
It's the same thing bro, they just re-branded the series, that's it.. :wink:

lol, okay actually they changed the name from special edition to turbo because the term special edition means some limited edition laptops but they are now fixed in market. First dell was not ready with new xps 15. So they launched 3rd gen ivy bridge processor with these inspiron special edition but after sometime when they get ready with xps 15 they changed xps series to compete with hp envy and apple macbook pro like higher range laptops.

Top Bottom