Dell Inspiron 14R/15R/17R Turbo Laptop Thread

ratul

█████████████████
Yeah, Group Policy is one thing which matters sometimes. Even I am using Ultimate just due to it.

:razz::doublethumb:..
So i think now you can understand that it was the right decision for me to remove recovery partition, as there was no need of it for me.. :p

raj_55555

Journeyman
^ Yes I know. Thats the reason I am not opting for online buying. And the place where I stay at isn't very courier friendly either.

Do you think I will be able to get the 15R SE FHD(i5) at the dell official showroom at kankurgachi?? As in do the official showrooms keep the 1080p models?

I doubt it, just call them and ask. You can find the contact number on the dell's site I guess. I found it by Googling.

ratul

█████████████████
Was 13GB out of 1000GB was eating so much space? :|

nooo.. :p :oops:
but it was ruining my planned partition sizes.. :p
You get just 930GB out of 1024GB, which looks good rather than 917GB, now i have 130GB C:, as planned by me before this beast came.. :-D

Adityaak

Right off the assembly line
Whoa. Do let me know which are the games you're 'maxing out' at 1080p with a 7730M..

&

Restoring Your Computer´s Software to the Factory Settings | Dell

I play many games like Batman City,Asylum , NFS The Run , Burnout Paradise City, Game Of Thrones, GTA IV, MP3,Sniper Elite 2 @1080p with hardly any problem
anyways thanks for the link

Can anyone please tell me if i restored factory setting from my recovery drive will it erase my entire 1TB HDD or just the OS partition???

Thanks in advance....!

Gtb93

In the zone
New variants are now available for the 15rSE.
The i5, 6gb version had been dropped a while back, it's back with 8gb on it now.
Models- New! Inspiron 15R Special Edition Laptop Details | Dell India

Jripper

Pro/An---tagonist xD
^ Its FHD too. I am going mad trying to find out which retail store in kolkata has that one.
I called the showroom and even they don't have it. And online ordering is not an option -_-

Gtb93

In the zone
^ Its FHD too. I am going mad trying to find out which retail store in kolkata has that one.
I called the showroom and even they don't have it. And online ordering is not an option -_-
I had asked the dell rep @croma, he said you can only order it online..

whitestar_999

Super Moderator
Staff member
^^factory setting means the state in which laptop was shipped from factory so it is pretty obvious that entire hard disk will be formatted.

ratul

█████████████████
New variants are now available for the 15rSE.
The i5, 6gb version had been dropped a while back, it's back with 8gb on it now.
Models- New! Inspiron 15R Special Edition Laptop Details | Dell India

wtf, they increased the best model's price by 3k???
what changed in it except the processor, which is almost similar to previous 3612qm???

edit: they now also include 32GB msata, means no more sluggish boot times.. :p

Last edited:

Gtb93

In the zone
wtf, they increased the best model's price by 3k???
what changed in it except the processor, which is almost similar to previous 3612qm???

edit: they now also include 32GB msata, means no more sluggish boot times.. :p

There's no msata, where did you see it? :eek:
Dell's pricing is just.. :S

ratul

█████████████████
Nice, I certainly missed that.
So, 66k+ 5% VAT, + Any idea how much is the local taxes they're talking about(Mumbai/Pune)?

Can't say, but i think there should'nt be any local taxes involved in metro cities (or they are included???), as i purchased it here in delhi, and other than 5% VAT, no other tax were applied..
The reason i said it could be included, because before purchasing, i chatted with DELL representatives, and they sent me quotes, in which there were some "Counter Vailing Duty", which when i asked, they said that they are local taxes, which they have to pay to the govt, so online prices are those local taxes included..

Edit: Luckily, i found the mail and the quotes, here's a snapshot for that:
*i.imgur.com/lYsnN.jpg

dashing.sujay

Moving
Staff member
I play many games like Batman City,Asylum , NFS The Run , Burnout Paradise City, Game Of Thrones, GTA IV, MP3,Sniper Elite 2 @1080p with hardly any problem
anyways thanks for the link

Can anyone please tell me if i restored factory setting from my recovery drive will it erase my entire 1TB HDD or just the OS partition???

Thanks in advance....!

I guess it would erase your entire HDD. That's what factory resetting means.

Why dont you just call the CC for this??

^^factory setting means the state in which laptop was shipped from factory so it is pretty obvious that entire hard disk will be formatted.

I don't know how recovery system works in Inspiron, but in my Vaio, factory reset gives you option of restoring either only C: or whole system.

ratul

█████████████████
ok guys, now even i am a bit skeptical about 7730m's kicking in ability (enduro)..
I recently downloaded F1 2012 Demo via Steam (on thursday), and played for 1-1.5hrs, ran fine with slight stutter @ high settings, so i exited the game to see what was wrong..(temps were 90c of CPU :shock:, i thought there has to be something fishy going on)..
I put it in high performance mode in CCC, and ran, crashing on the main menu and launching after 10-15mins of clicking on icon, did'nt knew what was going on..
Today, i tried to put it in power saver mode and voila, it ran with the same frame rates (15-25 in high), but being in power saver mode, it was running on HD4000, so does games running on Intel GPU causes CPU to be @ high temps??

And who's at fault here for crashing of the game, AMD for non-compatible drivers, or F1, for not supporting AMD Graphics (Given that @ Steam Discussions, many users are facing this issue, mostly are with AMD Graphics)..

Enduro: I am really surprised that when i ran for the first time, it was'nt assigned any mode manually, so a demanding game like F1 2012 should have automatically switched to 7730m, which it did'nt, so now i am in a bit confusion that how would i know that which games are running on AMD or Intel???

Top Bottom