Dell Inspiron 14R/15R/17R Turbo Laptop Thread

awestriker

Broken In
Had a chat with a Dell Rep. They say the following new rules from Aug 2012.
# Any discounts ( Corp, Govt, Student ) max - 3%. Coz sliding rupee and rising input costs. :-(
# 3 yr Complete Cover purchased then discount - 6%.
# No EMI on 14R SE, as units manufactured in Malaysia and ties with channel partner severed. :-(

How much is true ?

OP
rider

rider

as Kratos
It is because of AMD's faulty enduro technology, it is not on par with nvidia's optimus. Just manually configure switchable graphics and assign prototype for high performance, 7730m will kick in after that. I faced the same issue with syndicate, with hd4000 i was getting only 25-35fps but after manual configuration I got 50-100fps with 7730m.

Yea, it is only a one time set, I recommend, whenever you install a new game or video/picture editing software on ur hard disk. First thing to do before playing is to set that application as high performance mode, so that every time you play it will use radeon graphics. Simple

sugs77

Broken In
Thanks a lot guys for all the wonderful posts. I plan to buy the Inspiron 15 R SE & hence I have been following this post for a long time. I have 2 questions to the forum members.

1. Its good to see that almost everyone is quite happy with their purchase of 15R SE. I'd like to know is there any glitch/issue/problem anyone facing with their 15R SE's. I'd like to know , just like the Samsung 550P has heating issues, is the 15R SE having any issues of its own? It can be anything major or minor...If its there...please let us know.

2. When DELL launched the 15R SE in India & US, the Indian version lagged 2 things compared to the US one. One is the FHD Display. Other is the mSATA HDD (32 GB) (Along with the 1 TB HDD). Now eventually the Indian version also got support for FHD display & currently one can chose from 2 models having FHD display. I'd like to know about the mSATA. People have reported that the mSATA results in significant faster boot times & slightly better performance & its also known that if the Laptop doesn't come pre-installed with the mSATA, its not possible to add it ourselves (as the slot is missing). Can anyone of you please throw some light about the mSATA in India. Like the FHD, will DELL introduce this also in their Indian counterparts or it will never be included.

Thanks a lot again & in advance

Hello Guys.......Kindly give in comments please for my above 2 queries........

ratul

█████████████████
Hello Guys.......Kindly give in comments please for my above 2 queries........

1. I am not facing any serious issue on this lap, just annoyed by the stupid enduro by AMD, hope it'll be solved in coming driver releases, internal temps rarely exceeds 80c during heavy gaming, but even below 80c, area around the touchpad tends to get warm. (not hot, but slightly warm.) And of course, the absence of a numpad is a letdown for me..

2. Can't say about the slot as i have'nt opened the lap, but yes, msata delievers faster boot times.
Though bios shows msata device option, i think it's due to same bios used in all inspiron 15rse models:
*i.imgur.com/XSjsZ.jpg
And it's upto DELL to include msata in indian models, we can't comment on that, as earlier, even DELL CC used to say that FHD won't come in india, but now it's here. It's all business and marketing strategies.

Last edited:

chauhan

Broken In
Hi guys,
my first post, I too have ordered the 17r and eagerly waiting for it with the ocz vertex4 readywith me. Dispatch Bangalore 07 Aug 12.
maybe two more days away.

ratul

█████████████████
Hi guys,
my first post, I too have ordered the 17r and eagerly waiting for it with the ocz vertex4 readywith me. Dispatch Bangalore 07 Aug 12.

gr8, congratz..
can u give the configuration & price.. :)

chauhan

Broken In
The major spec are as under

3rd Generation Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-3610QM Processor 2.30 GHz

8-in-1 Memory Card Reader:SD,SDHC,SDXC,MMC,MMC+,xD,MS,MS Pro

17.3" 3D Capable FHD WLED True-Life (1920x1080)

Integrated 1.0 Mega Pixel Webcam

8GB 2 DIMM (4GB x 2) DDR3 1600Mhz

1TB 5400RPM SATA Hard Drive

mSATA SSD - 32GB

12.7" Tray Load Blu-ray (BD-RE) (BD-Read/Write)

130W AC Adapter

6-cell Lithium Ion (48WHr) Battery

NVIDIA GeForce GT 650M GDDR5 2GB (3D)

Intel(R) 2230 802.11n + Bluetooth v4.0

Dell(TM) Backlight Chiclet Keyboard with Multi-touch Touchpad (English)

Genuine Windows(R) 7 Home Premium SP1 64bit (English)

619-30014

Windows 7 Microsoft Patch (Including SP1)

Genuine Windows(R) 7 Home Premium 64bit Media DVD

3D Glasses

sugs77

Broken In
Thanks a lot for your reply Ratul.Can anyone please comment on how much battery life one can get with the FHD model (Inspiron 15R SE) while doing MS Office/PDF work with No Wi-FI but a USB Mouse connected..... Also is there a significant battery life difference between the i5 and i7 models??

ankurya1985

Rockstar In Nothing
Hi guys,
mine 14r too left there on 7th too buddy...we gotta be having siblings here :twisted:...
but min is stucked at mumbai due to some document not submitted issue :evil: ...
hope it get to me soon...

dan4u

Took Off!!!
Thanks a lot for your reply Ratul.Can anyone please comment on how much battery life one can get with the FHD model (Inspiron 15R SE) while doing MS Office/PDF work with No Wi-FI but a USB Mouse connected..... Also is there a significant battery life difference between the i5 and i7 models??

I don't think the resolution will effect the battery life</S>, <S>the i5 will have overall better battery life than the i7, since i5 consumes 35W & i7 consumes 45W, and dell provides 48whr battery for both i5 & i7

EDIT:- FHD will reduce battery by 20mins, and both i5 & i7 uses 35w in dell.

Last edited:

ratul

█████████████████
The major spec are as under

3rd Generation Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-3610QM Processor 2.30 GHz

8-in-1 Memory Card Reader:SD,SDHC,SDXC,MMC,MMC+,xD,MS,MS Pro

17.3" 3D Capable FHD WLED True-Life (1920x1080)

Integrated 1.0 Mega Pixel Webcam

8GB 2 DIMM (4GB x 2) DDR3 1600Mhz

1TB 5400RPM SATA Hard Drive

mSATA SSD - 32GB

12.7" Tray Load Blu-ray (BD-RE) (BD-Read/Write)

130W AC Adapter

6-cell Lithium Ion (48WHr) Battery

NVIDIA GeForce GT 650M GDDR5 2GB (3D)

Intel(R) 2230 802.11n + Bluetooth v4.0

Dell(TM) Backlight Chiclet Keyboard with Multi-touch Touchpad (English)

Genuine Windows(R) 7 Home Premium SP1 64bit (English)

619-30014

Windows 7 Microsoft Patch (Including SP1)

Genuine Windows(R) 7 Home Premium 64bit Media DVD

3D Glasses

wtf??? :shock:
how much does it cost to u??
i think it's close to 1lacs???

I don't think the resolution will effect the battery life, the i5 will have overall better battery life than the i7, since i5 consumes 35W & i7 consumes 45W, and dell provides 48whr battery for both i5 & i7

what are you saying buddy??? of course resolution will effect the battery, as in FHD resolution the battery has to lit 1920*1080=2073600pixels.
whereas in 768p, battery has to lit 1366*768=1049088pixels..

That's almost double, so battery will be affected as a single pixel is a block of RGB built into screen, which needs power to be lit, one of the reasons why LED screens are mostly used in lappies, coz led's consume way less power than lcd's..
Remember, that apple has to massively increase the battery power in iPad3, so as to support the retina display(2048*1536) giving same backup as iPad2 used to give..

And acc to me, processors won't have an effect here, as DELL uses i7-3612qm, which is again 35W as i5, so both have same wattage..

i think you should get 3-3.5hrs, FHD should drain 20-30mins of more juice than 768p, without wifi, i get ~4hrs..

Last edited:

dan4u

Took Off!!!
what are you saying buddy??? of course resolution will effect the battery, as in FHD resolution the battery has to lit 1920*1080=2073600pixels.
whereas in 768p, battery has to lit 1366*768=1049088pixels..

That's almost double, so battery will be affected as a single pixel is a block of RGB built into screen, which needs power to be lit, one of the reasons why LED screens are mostly used in lappies, coz led's consume way less power than lcd's..
Remember, that apple has to massively increase the battery power in iPad3, so as to support the retina display(2048*1536) giving same backup as iPad2 used to give..

And acc to me, processors won't have an effect here, as DELL uses i7-3612qm, which is again 35W as i5, so both have same wattage..

i think you should get 3-3.5hrs, FHD should drain 20-30mins of more juice than 768p, without wifi, i get ~4hrs..
oh yea, you're right, sorry bro:oops:....I thought dell had i7-3610QM

ujjwal007

Lost in games
dell inspiron 17r se i5 version is 63k and 17r se i7 version is 95k ( without adding warranty or anything ) this is price quoted on dell official india site.
in i7 model there is just 2-3 things more , 3d vision , fhd display i7 core and thats it and straight 30k more damage what you guys think how many customers would like to buy it lets says ( i think ) less then 5% from 100% agree anyone? is it vfm in anycase?

antisocialbratt

Journeyman
Those who are going for 3D should think when they are going to use it. 99 times out of 100 they would be using 3D during night in their room. So buying a 15R Se and a big passive 3D tv makes more sense

ratul

█████████████████
Those who are going for 3D should think when they are going to use it. 99 times out of 100 they would be using 3D during night in their room. So buying a 15R Se and a big passive 3D tv makes more sense

^^+1.. :doublethumb:

and guys, another member now has asked for a laptop ~1lac:
*www.thinkdigit.com/forum/laptops-netbooks/161606-laptop-1-lakh.html

Top Bottom