Dell Inspiron 14R/15R/17R Turbo Laptop Thread

OP
rider

rider

as Kratos
No rider, actually this is an issue with the enduro technology. The autoswitching doesn't work always, even on setting to high performance.

@chinmaya
You need to force the game to run in direct x 11 mode, then the AMD GPU will kick in. Please check out the exact steps a few pages back.

I'm not talking about auto switching, I said manually switch to high performace. In my case radeon GPU is giving upto 45+fps in max payne 3 with directx11 and everything is on high settings but the textures in very high. MXAA and FXAA are on at 2x

sugs77

Broken In
Thanks a lot guys for all the wonderful posts. I plan to buy the Inspiron 15 R SE & hence I have been following this post for a long time. I have 2 questions to the forum members.

1. Its good to see that almost everyone is quite happy with their purchase of 15R SE. I'd like to know is there any glitch/issue/problem anyone facing with their 15R SE's. I'd like to know , just like the Samsung 550P has heating issues, is the 15R SE having any issues of its own? It can be anything major or minor...If its there...please let us know.

2. When DELL launched the 15R SE in India & US, the Indian version lagged 2 things compared to the US one. One is the FHD Display. Other is the mSATA HDD (32 GB) (Along with the 1 TB HDD). Now eventually the Indian version also got support for FHD display & currently one can chose from 2 models having FHD display. I'd like to know about the mSATA. People have reported that the mSATA results in significant faster boot times & slightly better performance & its also known that if the Laptop doesn't come pre-installed with the mSATA, its not possible to add it ourselves (as the slot is missing). Can anyone of you please throw some light about the mSATA in India. Like the FHD, will DELL introduce this also in their Indian counterparts or it will never be included.

Thanks a lot again & in advance

potheadninja

Broken In
Yeah!! You are right.

@potheadninja
Thanks a lot Mr. ninja :p No really! Thanks. :)
Although I intend to keep it overclocked, if I get around doing it. What are the risks involved if I do so?

@chinmaya
This has been solved earlier. Please Check it out a few pages back.

You are welcome. As long as you don't mess with the voltage, you will be fine. If you are gonna always keep your gpu in overclocked state make sure it is stable otherwise you will keep on getting BSOD both randomly and on system start up. If you overclock it can you please run some benchmarks including WEI?

raj_55555

Journeyman
I'm not talking about auto switching, I said manually switch to high performace. In my case radeon GPU is giving upto 45+fps in max payne 3 with directx11 and everything is on high settings but the textures in very high. MXAA and FXAA are on at 2x

:) I know that, even after we manually set it to high performance the damned GPU doesn't kick in to play. That's what my point was. I know at least two more person on this forum who had the same problem.
chinmaya said:
did that already. this screen shot has been taken after i switched it to high performance. no use. any other way?
Jesus! Just look for the solution a few pages back man. It will only take a few clicks.

dashing.sujay

Moving
Staff member
Thanks a lot guys for all the wonderful posts. I plan to buy the Inspiron 15 R SE & hence I have been following this post for a long time. I have 2 questions to the forum members.

1. Its good to see that almost everyone is quite happy with their purchase of 15R SE. I'd like to know is there any glitch/issue/problem anyone facing with their 15R SE's. I'd like to know , just like the Samsung 550P has heating issues, is the 15R SE having any issues of its own? It can be anything major or minor...If its there...please let us know.

2. When DELL launched the 15R SE in India & US, the Indian version lagged 2 things compared to the US one. One is the FHD Display. Other is the mSATA HDD (32 GB) (Along with the 1 TB HDD). Now eventually the Indian version also got support for FHD display & currently one can chose from 2 models having FHD display. I'd like to know about the mSATA. People have reported that the mSATA results in significant faster boot times & slightly better performance & its also known that if the Laptop doesn't come pre-installed with the mSATA, its not possible to add it ourselves (as the slot is missing). Can anyone of you please throw some light about the mSATA in India. Like the FHD, will DELL introduce this also in their Indian counterparts or it will never be included.

Thanks a lot again & in advance

1) Samsung if pure gaming, or Inspiron for good gaming and other features (FHD & backlit)

2) You can't really guess about a companies plan and strategies in India. Dell may do it or not. You always got the option of SSD.

ratul

█████████████████
It is not available for the customization but right now there is only a core-i5 model comes with 1080p screen.

i think you did'nt searched it right rider, 1080p screen comes both in i5 as well as i7..

Inspiron 15r SE i5 1080p
Inspiron 15r SE i7 1080p

OP
rider

rider

as Kratos
oh! yes it is, but on the main page of inspiron 15 SE the core-i5 model is only shown as 1080p in five options and the highest one is of core-i7 768p screen costs 59,900 + VAT

how you get that link?

ratul

█████████████████
oh! yes it is, but on the main page of inspiron 15 SE the core-i5 model is only shown as 1080p in five options and the highest one is of core-i7 768p screen costs 59,900 + VAT

how you get that link?

well, it's on the page itself, i7 one is on next page, see in the image below, in upper right corner, the highlighted 1-2.. :p
*i.imgur.com/gXbr1.jpg

raj_55555

Journeyman
You are welcome. As long as you don't mess with the voltage, you will be fine. If you are gonna always keep your gpu in overclocked state make sure it is stable otherwise you will keep on getting BSOD both randomly and on system start up. If you overclock it can you please run some benchmarks including WEI?

Sorry mate! Skipped your post earlier. So, how do I confirm whether it's stable? I didn't read the directions posted by you though, my apologies if it's included there.
I would love to perform the tests. But it may take some time, I hardly have any time left after office to experiment.

sugs77

Broken In
1) Samsung if pure gaming, or Inspiron for good gaming and other features (FHD & backlit)

2) You can't really guess about a companies plan and strategies in India. Dell may do it or not. You always got the option of SSD.

Thanks for your reply. But I guess you didnt get my queries:-

1. I asked for any flaws/issues with the 15R SE that users are facing just like Samsung P550 has heating issues. I did not ask for suggestion like which one is better for gaming.

2. Well obviously I can't guess about the company plans :). I wanted to know if anybody heard/knew about introducing the mSATA in India also.

potheadninja

Broken In
Sorry mate! Skipped your post earlier. So, how do I confirm whether it's stable? I didn't read the directions posted by you though, my apologies if it's included there.
I would love to perform the tests. But it may take some time, I hardly have any time left after office to experiment.

Your OC most likely will be stable if you dont get BSOD and if the games and the furmark don't crash or show artefacts.

madmax012

Broken In
just wanted to share some information about 14r SE if anyone is interested.
I have ordered the 14r SE on 1st August and the EDD is 24th August. Dell rep said the order for 14r se will take time as it will be manufactured in malaysia and shipped here.

i have read through this whole thread but it doesnt seem that anyone here owns the 14r SE... if anyone has purchased it please give feedback for the same..

also did everyone over here who purchased 15r se online, get their laptop within the estimated delivery date?

OP
rider

rider

as Kratos
It's good for you that it is being coming from malaysia, I guarantee the quality of assembling would be better than those in India.

madmax012

Broken In
@rider
i hope so... still did not come across any reviews on 14R and 17R on this forum regarding their build quality...
from the info i have gathered it seems that 14r se and 17r se are assembled in malaysia and 15r se is assembled in india

ankurya1985

Rockstar In Nothing
just wanted to share some information about 14r SE if anyone is interested.
I have ordered the 14r SE on 1st August and the EDD is 24th August. Dell rep said the order for 14r se will take time as it will be manufactured in malaysia and shipped here.

i have read through this whole thread but it doesnt seem that anyone here owns the 14r SE... if anyone has purchased it please give feedback for the same..

also did everyone over here who purchased 15r se online, get their laptop within the estimated delivery date?

hey madmax,
i have ordered one 14r SE for 65338 on 20 july...
hope to get it by two to three days now, its just here...

also ur package firstly will be shipped to Premier IT Solutions :evil:, that sucks...the EDD is for Premiers address, then they will ship it to you via Bluedarts cheapest service surfaceline, that will show you the date 1 week after pickup date...alot of wait man :cry:

BTW which city do you belong, probably takes less time than mine if it is closed to banglore...

I am just waiting for mine eagerly yaar...cant wait to open that BROWN BOX :razz:

ill try to keep you updated

Top Bottom