Dell Inspiron 14R/15R/17R Turbo Laptop Thread

ratul

█████████████████
Guys the the 17r se fhd also includes a mSATA SSD - 32GB ....

well then i think that price is ok acc to features, 3D FHD Screen, 650m ddr5, mSATA, bluray (read/write)..
but still, there could have been better options in 1lac budget.. :p

ratul

█████████████████
650M DDR5 !. in my opinion I don't know how much it should cost but the specs are really good.

the major cost i think is of 3D display and glasses..
though i am worried about the temps, 650m with FHD 3D display, then playing a game, will definitely be enough for an omlette to cook on.. :p
hope DELL provides enough cooling in this..

dafaq Lenovo Providing gtx 660 2gb for around 85k(Imported) fhd,15.6",i7 and dell :facepalm:

no 3D, no bluray writer, no 17", no msata..
this way This 17r se could be said VFM.. :wink:..

ratul

█████████████████
^^HI bro donno u think GT650 is a bit weak for 3d FHD siplay on 17" ?? They should have provided gtx 660m

yup, but i think GTX660 is overclocked 650, so he could just overclock 650m for the performance...
Stock clock should handle normal FHD 3D Movies easily..

pratyush997

Inactive
yeah GTX series comes only w/ gaming lappies and cooling is main priority there!!! Donno know if he overclocks and temps rise then 100k will get faqed

ratul

█████████████████
ok, i should have asked this question earlier, but has anyone of you tried installing the official intel drivers for HD4000 from here.

i tried it about 2 weeks ago, and then my catalyst control center stopped working, i had to re-install intel drivers from DELL, then only my catalyst control center was normally functioning..
I was getting "COM surrogate has stopped working." error while browsing pics, and debugging it gave the result that some igdumd64.dll was the culprit, which was faulty DELL intel driver.
Though now issue is resolved, can someone tell why AMD catalyst DOES'NT work with intel provided drivers???

chauhan

Broken In
yeah, even i am surprised and shocked, let's wait for chauhan's reply..

guys
this config is the default given by Dell no user preferences allowed. In the Indian version of the 17r their is an empty hdd slot available where i plan to put the 256 G vertex4 ssd. This will house the OS+office 2010+NIS. I have up[graded the firmware in the SSD to 1.5 by using my old (dying) Toshiba Tecra S3 laptop. cost wise it is steep but the specifications are good with the intel hm77 chip set providing some amazing features over other intel chip set.

potheadninja

Broken In
@pratyush, Temperature is not a problem in SE laptops, the bigger chassis of 17r se should facilitate proper heat dissipation. I think dell has learned a lesson from last year's xps laptops which had serious overheating issues. Even after overclocking and playing demanding games, the maximum temperature I have observed in my 15r se is 67c.

raj_55555

Journeyman
Please Please tell me how to use the graphic card continuously. even i max payne 3 i tried forcing the dx 11, it is asking for a game restart but again after restart its still dx9. What is the solution for this problem??? :-x :-(. its been 1 month since i got the laptop, but not able to play a game to its full potential. :banghead::hissyfit:

Did you really try this method?. Don't try to make the changes in the game settings menu.

Broken In
Please Please tell me how to use the graphic card continuously. even i max payne 3 i tried forcing the dx 11, it is asking for a game restart but again after restart its still dx9. What is the solution for this problem??? :-x :-(. its been 1 month since i got the laptop, but not able to play a game to its full potential. :banghead::hissyfit:

I had the same issue with 650M GT... Updated drivers from NVidia and Max Payne runs fine now!! Just try updating drivers

Bhambya

Right off the assembly line
Hi,
Has anyone been able to play Mass Effect 3 on this thing? I am on 12.7 beta driver and the graphics card keeps switching every 2 seconds.
There is no option to switch to dx11 in ME3.

chauhan

Broken In
1.jpg2.jpg3.jpg4.jpg
Guys
I got my lappy. Its cool and boots fast, windows installation took 15 mins
getting ready to load Gentoo

chauhan

Broken In
Ultra Rich.....I hope i was .... i had to save save save + citibank credit card + beg from wife to get this stuff (money given on the condition that laptop does not enter the bedroom) then was i able to afford this.

pratyush997

Inactive
Ultra Rich.....I hope i was .... i had to save save save + citibank credit card + beg from wife to get this stuff (money given on the condition that laptop does not enter the bedroom) then was i able to afford this.
HAHA Seems like ur wife is boss of ur home!! Epic!!! But 95k is faqin tooo much
u know if u were in USA u could get Samsung series 7 Gamer ... for 94k it comes w/ mother of GPU lol .....GT 675m 2 GB GDDR5, 16 GB ram rest almost same!

OP
rider

rider

as Kratos
HAHA Seems like ur wife is boss of ur home!! Epic!!! But 95k is faqin tooo much
u know if u were in USA u could get Samsung series 7 Gamer ... for 94k it comes w/ mother of GPU lol .....GT 675m 2 GB GDDR5, 16 GB ram rest almost same!

Dude, don't keep telling products of USA everywhere. We live in India and we are Indians, the deal which is best for us is justified and we should satisfy with that.

Top Bottom