Dell Inspiron 14R/15R/17R Turbo Laptop Thread

pratyush997

Inactive
Guys i m looking to buy this laptop in the coming week. I would really appreciate if i can get feedback from you guys who hv already bought it and using it. Heres what i would like to know on :

The model i m looking for is inspiron 15r se with Full HD display core i5, 6gb ram for abt 57k with vat on dell online site.

1. How is the full HD display and the build quality ???
2. How much battery can i expect ? i will have wifi on all the time and will b using it for surfing, programming and designing. Can i expect 4 hours ??
3. Is it ok if i hv it on for 8-9 hours at a stretch daily, i need to do this as my needs are high.
4. Is there any better alternative under 55k with full hd screen ?
5. Any store or any place in mumbai where i can get it cheaper than the online price ???

Please let me know guys, thanks a lot!!! I have almost made up mind on this - this will b my first laptop and will serve as a replacement for my 3 yr old desktop
If possible also have a look Samsung Np550!--i5/6gb ram/900p Anti reflective matte display/gt650m/jbl 2.1/5 hours easily!! when charged 90% @50k

OP
rider

rider

as Kratos
Guys i m looking to buy this laptop in the coming week. I would really appreciate if i can get feedback from you guys who hv already bought it and using it. Heres what i would like to know on :

The model i m looking for is inspiron 15r se with Full HD display core i5, 6gb ram for abt 57k with vat on dell online site.

2. How much battery can i expect ? i will have wifi on all the time and will b using it for surfing, programming and designing. Can i expect 4 hours ??
3. Is it ok if i hv it on for 8-9 hours at a stretch daily, i need to do this as my needs are high.
5. Any store or any place in mumbai where i can get it cheaper than the online price ???

Please let me know guys, thanks a lot!!! I have almost made up mind on this - this will b my first laptop and will serve as a replacement for my 3 yr old desktop

1) Full HD 1080p display is incredibly awesome and much better if you compare with normal and the build quality is fine but laptop weighs little bit heavy.
2)Yes you can get 4 hours of battery as processors are of just 35W.
3)Yes, you can use over 10 hours even the laptop 24x7 for days without turning off.
4)No, there is no alternative in full HD laptop under 60k. It's the cheapest option.
5)Better to buy from online with govt employee discount of 5% also check prices and specs of main computer market of your town.

OP
rider

rider

as Kratos
Nothing like that mate. I'm a student. I was just saving for it. Been waiting to buy this for last few months ;)
Tell me what are the features of this 5k mouse vs 500 bucks standard mouse. :p

Hello, guys I updated the first page of Dell Inspiron SE laptop thread. It's back in action with 1080p screen option.

ratul

█████████████████
I know they are just numbers, but because of these numbers I'm starting to think that there may be some problem with our Graphic card since he is getting a better fps!!
Also the same friend of mine thinks that if I get better fps in online play, then the bullets I shoot in COD4 will travel faster to the opponent player. Is that in anyway true??

well that's true, as i used to play a lot of racing games online earlier on my desktop (Street Racing Syndicate), as my desktop used to lag every 5-6 min for just a milisecond, and if it's in b/w the race, others would be past me by then.. :p
So yes, in online play, the person with better fps will always have the edge.. :)

1. Build Quality is awesome, but i don't own FHD one, but reviews @ other sites about FHD has been astonishing, people are loving it.. :mrgreen:
2. Yes, i also have almost same usage pattern, and i get 3.5 to 4 hrs, if you turn off wifi, it could exceed 4 hrs..
3. 8-9hrs heavy use??? :rofl: My usage is then monstorous, as i rarely shut it down, minimum 20 hrs daily i use it, and no cooling pad till now.. :p In a week, i think my lappy is closed for 10-12 hrs only.. :wink:
4. With FHD, i don't think, but yes if you can compromise FHD and ready to face some heating problems, then you can also look @ Samsung NP550..
5. Can't say about Mumbai.. :wink:

antisocialbratt

Journeyman
@rider, There are a lot of pro's of this mouse :

1) It has a nice ergonomic design. Fits my hand perfectly.
2) 12 buttons on the left side is a big boost if you play RPGs or MMOs. Initially it would feel strange but with time it would become your second nature.
3) Big braided fiber cable.
4) Its Razer :p
5) Looks awesome in the night.
6) very high DPI thus response time is awesome.

Adityaak

Right off the assembly line
Hello guys I was following this thread from past few week as I was having this laptop in my mind and was the best contender in the list 15r se with FHD screen.So after long research I finally made ma mind on this laptop and gave the order on 31st .estimated delivery time is 14 August, but as usual Dell mailed me that the part in your laptop is very popular and in high demand so estimated time can be extended :-(. my laptop cost me 55.2k with Targus curve 16 bag.Thanks all guys you have been great help for me deciding my .

OP
rider

rider

as Kratos
8-9hrs heavy use??? :rofl: My usage is then monstorous, as i rarely shut it down, minimum 20 hrs daily i use it, and no cooling pad till now.. :p In a week, i think my lappy is closed for 10-12 hrs only.. :wink:
Same her, buddy!! :mrgreen:

techspark

Broken In
Thank you guys for all your valuable inputs.
Dude, plz recheck the model you are referring to is costing 55k+tax.
Yeah its 55k + 5% vat so abt 58k. Can i get it from somewhere else for little cheaper or any coupon or discount that i can use online ????

If possible also have a look Samsung Np550!--i5/6gb ram/900p Anti reflective matte display/gt650m/jbl 2.1/5 hours easily!! when charged 90%

Yes, i gave a serious though to np550 but for about 5k more i get 1tb hard drive, 2gb extra ram and full HD display + backlit keyboard so i feel its worth going with dell. Only thing i have to sacrifice is on the battery life and gpu but i dont play a lot of games so its okay.

5)Better to buy from online with govt employee discount of 5% also check prices and specs of main computer market of your town.

I m a student, so it is possible to get any student discount or any other offer/freebies with it. Is this model available with local dealers or is it only online coz they say special edition , not sure what exactly that means.

3. 8-9hrs heavy use??? :rofl: My usage is then monstorous, as i rarely shut it down, minimum 20 hrs daily i use it, and no cooling pad till now.. :p In a week, i think my lappy is closed for 10-12 hrs only.. :wink:

Same her, buddy!! :mrgreen:

Damm you guys really have monstrous usage:shock: Does it affect the battery life if its on for so long and when you have it on for 20 hours a day do u hv it connected to the power outlet all the time ??

So is it better to have d power supply connected to the battery and let it charge or is it better to remove the battery and feed the power directly coz u know u will using it for long ????

Thanks again guys!

OP
rider

rider

as Kratos
Arrange someone who you know do govt job.
No, laptops works completely fine, these laptops are made to be use as monstrous use not like old generation laptops, nowadays you can use it like desktop. Always calibrate the battery it would remain as good as new. Search on TDF about how to handle laptop battery to get best result.

core-i5 Samsung np550 costs 48-50k

dashing.sujay

Moving
Staff member
Does it affect the battery life if its on for so long and when you have it on for 20 hours a day do u hv it connected to the power outlet all the time ??

So is it better to have d power supply connected to the battery and let it charge or is it better to remove the battery and feed the power directly coz u know u will using it for long ????

Plug in to charge and use it on battery when charged. Using prolong hours on AC will render battery useless.

ratul

█████████████████
Damm you guys really have monstrous usage:shock: Does it affect the battery life if its on for so long and when you have it on for 20 hours a day do u hv it connected to the power outlet all the time ??

Thanks again guys!

Plug in to charge and use it on battery when charged. Using prolong hours on AC will render battery useless.

well, my usage is that i use on battery every two days till battery drops to ~15%, and then plugged when gaming...
And in new batteries, there is no harm to keep it plugged in even after full charge (SEE THIS DELL BATTERY GUIDE for more info.), as they don't get overcharged, just you have to take care about the heat buildup in battery area, though my dell does'nt heat up in battery area, so no problem..
dashing.sujay is right, prolonged usage on AC will render battery useless, that's why i use it on battery every two days, to keep the chemical reactions in battery active.. :p

sam142000

Journeyman
Guys, in my laptop there is current in all the ports except the audio ports even after switching off the laptop. But when I remove the charger cable from the laptop the current goes.
So, I get shock whenever I touch any of these ports. Anybody else facing this problem?
What could be the reason for it?

dashing.sujay

Moving
Staff member
Guys, in my laptop there is current in all the ports except the audio ports even after switching off the laptop. But when I remove the charger cable from the laptop the current goes.
So, I get shock whenever I touch any of these ports. Anybody else facing this problem?

Earthing problem. And don't use local surge protectors ("extensions").

dashing.sujay

Moving
Staff member
But I never had this problem in my older laptop. It was a Dell Vostro 1520. And all other devices on the Surge protector I use work fine.

One of my friend has inspiron also is giving same problem these days. But it appeared after he shifted in his new house. I can't think of any other reason.

ratul

█████████████████

me too.. :p
i also get shocks, actually got a very strong one when i touched the vga port, but i think that it's a earthing problem, because in one socket in my house, there's no current flowing in laptop...

Don't worry dude 7730m should be able to handle upcoming games. I also own a 15r se and 2 days ago I overclocked the gpu (core-610mhz, memory-940mhz), now it is performing better than 640m in witcher 2 and the maximum temperature I have observed so far is 67c.

can you tell how you managed to overclock it??
i also tried with Sapphire TRIXX (which does'nt run), and MSI Afterburner (which does'nt go beyond core speeds)..

Top Bottom