Dell Inspiron 14R/15R/17R Turbo Laptop Thread

ratul

█████████████████
can anybody tell me how in 1080p model, Index Score is 5.9, mine is just 5.6, which is of Windows Desktop Performance, but in 1080p model, it shows 6.6 for Desktop as well as Gaming performance.. :(
Can everybody else share their scores..

guyz, all 15rse owners, please post your WEI scores, especially for aero performance.. :cool:
i think that it's using HD4000 for aero performance and 7730m for gaming performance, while on notebookcheck.net, their aero performance is too 6.6, so how to make aero one use the 7730m instead of HD4000???
here's mine:
*i.imgur.com/RcOt8.jpg

ratul

█████████████████
^No WEI please, it just not qualifies as a "valid" benchmark. :)

yes i know that, i just wanna know is it just my laptop, whose using intel gpu while measuring aero performance or anybody else's also having same score?? :p

sam142000

Journeyman
Anyone tried using this 'AMD Catalyst Application Profiles'??
Its here ATI Radeon? Video Card Drivers at the bottom of the page.

raj_55555

Journeyman
yes i know that, i just wanna know is it just my laptop, whose using intel gpu while measuring aero performance or anybody else's also having same score?? :p
nah! it's the same for me. In fact it's quite less. I don't have the lappy right now, but I remember it being 5.X. however a friend of mine got 6.6 too. So not quite sure what's going on here!! :-/

RON28

Cyborg Agent
guys please don't rely on WEI, its a **** benchmark...it will confuse many of you....just use 3Dmark11 to compare and know the performance of your laptop. and only while gaming, your IQ level will tell whether its running on IGP or discrete card. WEI is not accurate according to me.

OP
rider

rider

as Kratos
Yea, make a standard benchmark to compare laptops with each other.
3DMark'11 is the best to compare laptops performance.

sam142000

Journeyman
FPS in The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim with medium settings
Frames: 93045 - Time: 2423803ms - Avg: 38.388 - Min: 10 - Max: 64

chinmaya

Journeyman
today i tried to play max payne 3 but observed that my laptop was using on board instead of dedicated graphic card. here is a image please help.

*i49.tinypic.com/vdnq8.jpg

akshay7

Right off the assembly line
Re: Problem with AMD radeon HD 7730 of Inspiron 15R SE (7520)

apply this update and see its resolved or not...Drivers and Downloads | Dell [India]

Hey guys i updated graphics drivers from dell website... but it still keeps crashing. Dell customer care representative always say that there might be some problem in that copy of game....

any tips please???

Thank u...

sam142000

Journeyman
Guys my friend has an inspiron laptop with a Radeon 5000 series graphic card and he gets around 250fps in Call of Duty 4 on the lowest settings.
But I only manage to get ~100fps even on the lowest settings. Can anybody help me on that?

ratul

█████████████████
Bought a razer naga molten edition. Perfect companion for this lappy ;)

woah dude, awesome, you seem to be super rich, that thing is ~5.1k on Flipkart.. :shock:
i wud never have the nerve to buy that.. :p

Guys my friend has an inspiron laptop with a Radeon 5000 series graphic card and he gets around 250fps in Call of Duty 4 on the lowest settings.
But I only manage to get ~100fps even on the lowest settings. Can anybody help me on that?

well, don't have COD4, but that's completely useless, anything above 30fps is gr8 to play, and above 60fps, our led's won't feel any difference.. (due to refresh rate :p)..
100, 250fps are just numbers here dude, chill.. :twisted:

sam142000

Journeyman
well, don't have COD4, but that's completely useless, anything above 30fps is gr8 to play, and above 60fps, our led's won't feel any difference.. (due to refresh rate :p)..
100, 250fps are just numbers here dude, chill.. :twisted:

I know they are just numbers, but because of these numbers I'm starting to think that there may be some problem with our Graphic card since he is getting a better fps!!
Also the same friend of mine thinks that if I get better fps in online play, then the bullets I shoot in COD4 will travel faster to the opponent player. Is that in anyway true??

Last edited:

techspark

Broken In
Guys i m looking to buy this laptop in the coming week. I would really appreciate if i can get feedback from you guys who hv already bought it and using it. Heres what i would like to know on :

The model i m looking for is inspiron 15r se with Full HD display core i5, 6gb ram for abt 57k with vat on dell online site.

1. How is the full HD display and the build quality ???
2. How much battery can i expect ? i will have wifi on all the time and will b using it for surfing, programming and designing. Can i expect 4 hours ??
3. Is it ok if i hv it on for 8-9 hours at a stretch daily, i need to do this as my needs are high.
4. Is there any better alternative under 55k with full hd screen ?
5. Any store or any place in mumbai where i can get it cheaper than the online price ???

Please let me know guys, thanks a lot!!! I have almost made up mind on this - this will b my first laptop and will serve as a replacement for my 3 yr old desktop

sam142000

Journeyman
Dude, plz recheck the model you are referring to is costing 55k+tax.

1.Build quality is good except for the DVD drive. Its a bit loose, and feels fragile.
2. You can expect a maximum backup of 4hrs under optimal conditions.
3 Yes you can have it on for 8-9 hrs. But if its being used during the whole time, I suggest you use a cooling pad.

pratyush997

Inactive
If possible also have a look Samsung Np550!--i5/6gb ram/900p Anti reflective matte display/gt650m/jbl 2.1/5 hours easily!! when charged 90%

Top Bottom