Dell Inspiron 14R/15R/17R Turbo Laptop Thread

girishpaiv

Journeyman
rider i completely agree with u regarding xps problems

let me share my story with u.....i went to dell exclusive store in gurgaon and ordered XPS L502X base model on 25th may(friday) and got my EDD as 14th june.......then on 28th may(monday) i got call from senior sales dell executive saying that ur order is gonna be cancelled as their factory near chennai is not manufacturing XPS laptops due to unavailability of some end-of-life parts of XPS laptop........To my question of why these parts r not available she said that due to above mentioned problems like HDD crash, fan noise etc. they r switching to INSPIRON special editions with 3rd generation processors having less noise and heat........so my order got cancelled very late on 4th june(friday).....now i have ordered V540451IN8 model of Inspiron 15R Special Edition 7520 yesterday.However the problems were

For 15r
there is no Full HD screen and 750GB (7200 RPM) HDD

For 17r
no i7 yet

Asked sales manager abt these upgrades...Thr is only 1366x768 screen and 1 tb 5400 hd.....but i couldnt compromise on i7 processor so i went ahead with 15r not 17r

Anyway hoping for fast delivery as he said that i will get this laptop in only 7 working days(next week) as i have ordered from dell retail store not online.........this is my first purchase from dell so i dont know abt delivery time....may be some of u guys here can tell?

Thanks for sharing sisley...
so dell guys them self are saying inspiron series will b less troublesome compared to xps!!but some here in forum are saying IVB proccies are more heat generating!!?...you can confirm o this once u get it delivered. :-o

Probably i will be buying the same too.:razz:(no FHD sucks:evil:!!!true)

sisley

Broken In
so dell guys them self are saying inspiron series will b less troublesome compared to xps!!but some here in forum are saying IVB proccies are more heat generating!!?...you can confirm o this once u get it delivered. :-o

though i cannt say for sure there will be very less heat generation especially while playing games until it gets delivered but my frnd in uk got it and is using it... according to him comparing it with xps fan noise and heat is very low in this model....he told me thr is no heating of base or casing as he is using it for hrs on his laps sitting in his bedroom though he is using is mainly for photoshop,programming etc. not for games.......xps used to make noise sometimes even when idle

though i m getting it mainly for games like maxpayne 3 , cod etc...lets see how it performs...waiting eagerly for its delivery

arani

whiz kid
@sisley

do provide us a review after u buy ur laptop..:) a full hands-on review is very much needed.

sisley

Broken In
@sisley

do provide us a review after u buy ur laptop..:) a full hands-on review is very much needed.

definitely......dont worry.....As i m gonna test this laptop by playing high-end graphic games(i m downloading them right now and got unlmtd broadband plan for them only :lol:), my review will be mostly performance oriented and less on aesthetics......praying for its delivery next week though i bit anxious abt it since it is new product line for dell india and dont know how much time will it take to get manufactured in their chennai factory......showing "work in progress" status now....fingers crossed:lol:

OP
rider

rider

as Kratos

no, who said ivy bridge is more in heating? these special editions have max 35W consuming processors unlike old 45W.

non-full HD is okay, its an average screen it doesn't suck for general use. There are many thing apart resolution like LED panel which affect in quality. full hd in 15.6" actually makes icons and texts small in windows but it can be corrected by lowering. One sony centre's salesman was telling me about this issue.
I think perfect resolution should be 1600X900 for 15.6" entertainment laptops.

Also graphics like HD 7730M are not made to play games in 1080p in high settings.

rider i completely agree with u regarding xps problems

let me share my story with u.....i went to dell exclusive store in gurgaon and ordered XPS L502X base model on 25th may(friday) and got my EDD as 14th june.......then on 28th may(monday) i got call from senior sales dell executive saying that ur order is gonna be cancelled as their factory near chennai is not manufacturing XPS laptops due to unavailability of some end-of-life parts of XPS laptop........To my question of why these parts r not available she said that due to above mentioned problems like HDD crash, fan noise etc. they r switching to INSPIRON special editions with 3rd generation processors having less noise and heat........so my order got cancelled very late on 4th june(friday).....now i have ordered V540451IN8 model of Inspiron 15R Special Edition 7520 yesterday.However the problems were

For 15r
there is no Full HD screen and 750GB (7200 RPM) HDD

For 17r
no i7 yet

Asked sales manager abt these upgrades...Thr is only 1366x768 screen and 1 tb 5400 hd.....but i couldnt compromise on i7 processor so i went ahead with 15r not 17r

Anyway hoping for fast delivery as he said that i will get this laptop in only 7 working days(next week) as i have ordered from dell retail store not online.........this is my first purchase from dell so i dont know abt delivery time....may be some of u guys here can tell?

I'm telling about some bitter truth about dell laptops in india, many of people will not believe me and argue with me so all please read and digest, don't argue.

First of all dell laptops that we buy from dell india are of the shittiest quality in comparison to US made dell laptops. Dell india is using just their name and models for selling. They started the system of total coverage warranty included in the price of laptop. Hence, they assemble laptops with worse quality of raw materials. Their formula is first the person buy the dell laptop and then he has has to face problems so he call them to correct or replace and feel good that it has been corrected for free. LOL
People pay for extension of warranty. I also listen that those parts that are come for replacement are worse in quality or fixed and packed of broken one.
The laptops which assembles in factories of china (all laptops are made in china for indian market) are much better than those in india, the customization thing makes worse condition of laptop here. Customization happen in india they just do assembling that comes out worse, god knows how they do what they use.
Thats why they took long to time to book and deliver.
All companies like apple, hp, lenovo, laptops are totally manufactured in china, packed and imported to us.
What do you think all hp, apple etc are idiots that they don't provide customization in india.
US is different all companies provide customization vaio, hp, apple and all cause they manufacture in their own country.
I'm saying on behalf of my friend who has xps 15 faced 1080p screen problem.
Thank you!

Last edited:

ratul

█████████████████
no, who said ivy bridge is more in heating? these special editions have max 35W consuming processors unlike old 45W.

non-full HD is okay, its an average screen it doesn't suck for general use. There are many thing apart resolution like LED panel which affect in quality. full hd in 15.6" actually makes icons and texts small in windows but it can be corrected by lowering. One sony centre's salesman was telling me about this issue.
I think perfect resolution should be 1600X900 for 15.6" entertainment laptops.

Also graphics like HD 7730M are not made to play games in 1080p in high settings.

I'm telling about some bitter truth about dell laptops in india, many of people will not believe me and argue with me so all please read and digest, don't argue.

First of all dell laptops that we buy from dell india are of the shittiest quality in comparison to US made dell laptops. Dell india is using just their name and models for selling. They started the system of total coverage warranty included in the price of laptop. Hence, they assemble laptops with worse quality of raw materials. Their formula is first the person buy the dell laptop and then he has has to face problems so he call them to correct or replace and feel good that it has been corrected for free. LOL
People pay for extension of warranty. I also listen that those parts that are come for replacement are worse in quality or fixed and packed of broken one.
The laptops which assembles in factories of china (all laptops are made in china for indian market) are much better than those in india, the customization thing makes worse condition of laptop here. Customization happen in india they just do assembling that comes out worse, god knows how they do what they use.
Thats why they took long to time to book and deliver.
All companies like apple, hp, lenovo, laptops are totally manufactured in china, packed and imported to us.
What do you think all hp, apple etc are idiots that they don't provide customization in india.
US is different all companies provide customization vaio, hp, apple and all cause they manufacture in their own country.
I'm saying on behalf of my friend who has xps 15 faced 1080p screen problem.
Thank you!

The same thing i read on some other forum also about a year ago...
It's true that dell uses worst of their parts in indian models, and you confirmed it again... :(

Last edited:

arani

whiz kid
at this price range, every laptops will have some pros and some cons.. u can't expect a mid-range laptop to be good in every aspect.

OP
rider

rider

as Kratos
at this price range, every laptops will have some pros and some cons.. u can't expect a mid-range laptop to be good in every aspect.

Everything in this world has pros and cons. Some has more, some has less.
- rider

RON28

Cyborg Agent
bloody hell, im fed up of that 1366x768 resolution, now i think companies should switch to 1600x900 for 15.6 inch screen laptops :-x

ALIEN'D

Broken In
Don't ya think that you would need atleast a 17 inches ? It would be absolute hell to imagine the size of icons and other small text and whatsoever.

Last edited:

RON28

Cyborg Agent
^^^ do you know SONY's CB35 has 1080p resolution in 15.6 inch screen, and there are many, don't know about icons, but quality of pictures would become crisp ;)

ratul

█████████████████
Had a chat with DELL representative just now, and she said that FHD display in 15R Special Edition could come in few months.. :shock:
Though she has'nt got any precise idea about that, but seeing her response, i am not expecting FHD soon enough.. :|

Theodre

In the zone
Its just released for a month?? Cool specs i must say! But i think more to dell inspiron 14z ultrabook!! :) #3rd gen core processors, 14-inch display and 7-8hrs of battery :thumbs: But now its not showing in dell's india's official website! :( I think its not released yet :) Shown in US site though :fc_bat:

OP
rider

rider

as Kratos
Its just released for a month?? Cool specs i must say! But i think more to dell inspiron 14z ultrabook!! :) #3rd gen core processors, 14-inch display and 7-8hrs of battery :thumbs: But now its not showing in dell's india's official website! :( I think its not released yet :) Shown in US site though :fc_bat:

you can check other brands. HP recently launched an economic ultrabook with 3rd gen processors, check it out.

LINK

ratul

█████████████████
It's all upto you what you prefer 14" or 15.6" screen. The 7730M is expected to be as good as 640M. According to notebookcheck.com the performance should be between the DDR3-versions of Nvidias GeForce GT 650M and 640M. IMO It would be the best performance in this budget.

HD 7730M ≥ GT 640M > HD 6770M > GT 630M ≥ GT 540M > HD 6630M

I had almost made my mind to buy 15r special edition today, but, i saw that game-debate.com was stating earlier 7730m as GDDR5, now they have corrected it to GDDR3..
7730m GDDR3
6770m GDDR5

So, is it that 7730m still cannot beat 6770m in terms of performance, Memory bandwidth is almost double in 6770m.

Last edited:
Top Bottom