Dell Inspiron 14R/15R/17R Turbo Laptop Thread

seamon

Superhuman Spambot
first slot is working but when i remove all the ram and put the ram only in the second slot and switch on the laptop get 2 beep sound and laptop doesnt start.

it cant be extended once expired i think

I think in laptops when you have only one RAM it must be in the first slot or the laptop won't start. I read that in a manual.

xeon

Broken In
I think in laptops when you have only one RAM it must be in the first slot or the laptop won't start. I read that in a manual.

But when I put both the RAM's 2 x 4gb and start the laptop it shows total 4 GB ram
If the problem is in the motherboard and if it needs to be replaced should i get it replaced or continue using it as it is may be with 1x8 GB ram in one slot?

Edit
Its working now, after cleaning the slot with a brush. Thanks for the replies

Last edited:

xeon

Broken In
Can anyone tell why Black Ops 2 doesn't get scaled down when running at lower resolution. It doesn't happen with Black Ops 1 when i run black ops 1 in lower resolution ie;1200 x 720 the picture scales down you see black bars on the sides but when I run Black ops 2 at lower resolution the pictures doesn't scales down it stretches to fit the screen.

ratul

█████████████████
Finally some mobility drivers are here for us, catalyst 14.4 mobility whql: *support.amd.com/en-us/download/mobile?os=Windows 8.1 - 64

kkn13

Cyber Genius FTW
Is there a difference in performance etc? I'm on leshcat 13.1 v2 at the moment but newer games aren't optimised so I may upgrade tomorrow

ratul

█████████████████
Is there a difference in performance etc? I'm on leshcat 13.1 v2 at the moment but newer games aren't optimised so I may upgrade tomorrow

Currently downloading, but from 13.1, there should be heck of a difference, i am on 14.1beta currently, and have read that 5-7% of difference might be there :-?

kkn13

Cyber Genius FTW
Currently downloading, but from 13.1, there should be heck of a difference, i am on 14.1beta currently, and have read that 5-7% of difference might be there :-?

Ohh how to install this driver? Should I install Intel first or something or directly after uninstall of leshcat

ratul

█████████████████
Ohh how to install this driver? Should I install Intel first or something or directly after uninstall of leshcat

haven't used leshcat drivers myself, i think they come with both intel and amd packages, so keep the intel one and remove amd completely (use driver fusion if required), and then install these, intel one's are necessary to install these, as this is an Enduro card.. :)

Jripper

Pro/An---tagonist xD
Okay so I am having an issue with the 15r special edition. A thin horizontal line is flashing at the bottom of my screen every 1-2 seconds. Its about 1 mm in height. Now I realize its the top half of the window I am in. I can see the outline of the "minimize,restore,close" buttons.
Now I thought the gpu was going bad,so I hooked up the laptop to my desktop display. But the issue is not present there. I also ran 3d mark 11. No problems.
So now I am inclined to think that it is an issue with the lcd screen or the connectors.

Can anyone here help me with this? And also, how much does a new lcd screen cost for this laptop?

ratul

█████████████████
Okay so I am having an issue with the 15r special edition. A thin horizontal line is flashing at the bottom of my screen every 1-2 seconds. Its about 1 mm in height. Now I realize its the top half of the window I am in. I can see the outline of the "minimize,restore,close" buttons.
Now I thought the gpu was going bad,so I hooked up the laptop to my desktop display. But the issue is not present there. I also ran 3d mark 11. No problems.
So now I am inclined to think that it is an issue with the lcd screen or the connectors.

Can anyone here help me with this? And also, how much does a new lcd screen cost for this laptop?

A screenshot would be helpful.. :)

kkn13

Cyber Genius FTW
hey guys,whats your battery wear levels 2 years on? my battery wear level has reached 31%,is it normal?im out of warranty too :(

sam142000

Journeyman

To dell it costs around Rs.2200, can't say how much they sell it for.
When I had initially bought the laptop the screen had an issue. When they replaced the screen the service document included the price to be around Rs.2200.

p.s. that was around 2 years ago.

Jripper

Pro/An---tagonist xD
Hmm :\ Well I don't have that kind of money right at this moment. Lets see if it worsens or not. The issue isn't with drivers or the gpu since the output is fine when I connect external monitor.

[MENTION=184724]kkn13[/MENTION] My wear level is at 14%. Calibrate your battery mate.

kkn13

Cyber Genius FTW
Hmm :\ Well I don't have that kind of money right at this moment. Lets see if it worsens or not. The issue isn't with drivers or the gpu since the output is fine when I connect external monitor.

[MENTION=184724]kkn13[/MENTION] My wear level is at 14%. Calibrate your battery mate.

i did a power cycle today and it dropped to 26% from 31%

ratul

█████████████████
My wear level:
*i.imgur.com/jVGefCF.png

btw guys, noticed a few days ago, new bios available along with some driver updates here: Dell 15R Turbo Drivers

kkn13

Cyber Genius FTW
How is Dell inspiron 15 3537 with win8, i5-4200u, 750gb hdd and 6gb ram?

Needed for cousin (simply non gaming use)

its a decent lappie,not bad at all as such

- - - Updated - - -

My wear level:
*i.imgur.com/jVGefCF.png

btw guys, noticed a few days ago, new bios available along with some driver updates here: Dell 15R Turbo Drivers

nice! any difference?i mean performance wise etc

Top Bottom