Dell Inspiron 14R/15R/17R Turbo Laptop Thread

ratul

█████████████████
guys here comes 15R SE 2 hrs of gameplay performance benchmark for MW3 with high settings as follows:
*i49.tinypic.com/2ccxqps.jpg
*i46.tinypic.com/14aa4qe.jpg

FRAPS readings are as follows:
Avg: 29.833 - Min: 18 - Max: 45

and temps. of laptop continue to remain low:-D(was expected from 3rd gen) as u can seen below
*i48.tinypic.com/286qtzd.jpg:

next game tested gonna be Maxpayne 3:-D

yup, temps are damn cool, i7 3rd gen doin it's job.. :)
but, are you using any cooling pad??
i am thinking of getting one for this one, which one'll fit in this??

chinmaya

Journeyman
today i had a talk with dell customer care. the executive confirmed that the XPS 15 is now replaced by the 15R SE. not sure how much of that is true......

antisocialbratt

Journeyman
Has anyone managed to configure anything in 17r se on dell India website? For some strange reason it doesnt show any option to increase ram from basic 4gb :/

OP
rider

rider

as Kratos
Has anyone managed to configure anything in 17r se on dell India website? For some strange reason it doesnt show any option to increase ram from basic 4gb :/

It's better to upgrade RAM by yourself, its cheaper and better option.
I upgraded 4 GB RAM that costs ₹1200 only :razz:
Not a single issue.

pratyush997

Inactive
Which is better??
Dell Inspiron 15r SE W/ Backlit Keyboard
or
Asus K55VM-SX086D
Any Major Diff between Te gfx card on both??

antisocialbratt

Journeyman
I know but on the us delk website you have option to get i7 and fullhd in 17r. Only if that was possible on india website then this lappy would have been gold.

US gets so many awesome deals. Sony is giving ps3 160gb free with any vaio laptop. :(
comeon ... Give some great offers in India too

antisocialbratt

Journeyman
For those who gave uncles and cousins in us. store.sony.com/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/CategoryDisplay?catalogId=10551&storeId=10151&langId=-1&identifier=S_VAIO_Playstation_offer

Get it before they close the offer.

chinmaya

Journeyman
I know but on the us delk website you have option to get i7 and fullhd in 17r. Only if that was possible on india website then this lappy would have been gold.

US gets so many awesome deals. Sony is giving ps3 160gb free with any vaio laptop. :(

it seems dell is not yet taking orders for 17R. There may be a wait of few more days.

OP
rider

rider

as Kratos
it seems dell is not yet taking orders for 17R. There may be a wait of few more days.

Man, When it was first put in the dell india website it was of 58.8k now they priced up. I think there is big demand of this model because of GT 650M that's why they not taking orders.

chinmaya

Journeyman
Man, When it was first put in the dell india website it was of 58.8k now they priced up. I think there is big demand of this model because of GT 650M that's why they not taking orders.

not sure of the reason of why they r not taking orders but the customer care informed me that they are not taking orders for 17R

antisocialbratt

Journeyman
I'm just confused between them. Thus gonna wait till the last moment to buy it. That is just before my college start on 9th July. Lets hope hp or Samsung jump in with a laptop which has a screen as good as vaio, gpu and price like 17r se . :p That would sell faster that hot cakes .

pratyush997

Inactive
yup, temps are damn cool, i7 3rd gen doin it's job.. :)
but, are you using any cooling pad??
i am thinking of getting one for this one, which one'll fit in this??
Cooler master notepal u3 would be gr8

Which is better??
or
Asus K55VM-SX086D

Last edited:

dan4u

Took Off!!!
anyone who has the 15R SE, what battery backup do you get under normal usage?
and will the 14R SE give better battery backup than the 15R SE??

any idea when it'll hit the local stores?

girishpaiv

Journeyman
It's better to upgrade RAM by yourself, its cheaper and better option.
I upgraded 4 GB RAM that costs ₹1200 only :razz:
Not a single issue.

Isnt there things likes "Ram timings" which should match for better performance??
What did u do??

OP
rider

rider

as Kratos

Bro, we live in india, don't compare with US market. These schemes like get PS3 free is not new they were doing it from years. Actually the selling and market is much bigger than us also market is huge competition. Majority of people prefer macs and rest choose these dell vaio/hp laptops.

Though, in few years we started getting deals from flipkart like online websites, last year letsbuy was providing 1 TB Portable WD HDD which costs 6.5k now.

Isnt there things likes "Ram timings" which should match for better performance??
What did u do??

RAM timing?? Do you want to say RAM of same freq?

Cooler master notepal u3 would be gr8

Which is better??
or
Asus K55VM-SX086D

Asus K55VM-SX086D stands nothing in terms of gaming performance. Neither it comes with a genuine windows nor damage warranty. BTW what model you bought of hp, from that you started advertising hp sux :lol:

anyone who has the 15R SE, what battery backup do you get under normal usage?
and will the 14R SE give better battery backup than the 15R SE??

any idea when it'll hit the local stores?

battery life is 3.5 to 4 hrs while surfing, watching videos etc. according to our thread's first owner.
Its better, cheaper and safer to buy online.

Last edited:
Top Bottom