Delhi Election 2015

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hrishi

What makes me sad is to see majority of Delhites following AAP so religiously that most often they take it personally whenever you strike a word against AAP.
After all , no one in politics is completely innocent. Are they ?

amjath

Human Spambot
What makes me sad is to see majority of Delhites following AAP so religiously that most often they take it personally whenever you strike a word against AAP.
Come to chennai and say a word against DMK or aiadmk and leave without injuries.

Following religion is not bad but blindly including superstitious believes into it and following it, is wrong

Minion

Conversation Architect

Same here Until now they havn't proved any thing they only run gov. for 49 days and now people are blindly following them.

ico

Super Moderator
Staff member
this should shut up Virat Yindoos for a while. Thodi time k liye inn bewakoofo ki waapas ghar waapsi.

Desmond

Destroy Erase Improve
Staff member
Admin
TBH, nothing wrong with "ghar wapasi" as long as people change their religion of their own free will and no one gets hurt.

tkin

Back to school!!
I am not supporting Ghar Wapsi or rejecting it, but I know a case when the reverse took place. The local Church promised our caretaker that if they became Christian they would give him a piece of land where he can make his home, free of cost. He currently owns no home and lives in our apartment in a single room with bath and kitchen. Also they promised his wife some work at their churches.

Two years had passed since he became christian, he had not yet received the land neither did his wife get any job as promised.

He became a Christian just to get that land, he doesn't believe in his current religion, and he is still a practicing Hindu, no one knows about the change and he himself does not talk about it. But he is disgruntled at the Church. He still haven't change back to Hinduism because he still longs for that piece of land.

I have nothing against Christians, I like their religion and I had studied in a convent for 12 years. But its this local church that did a bad thing here.

$hadow

Geek in making
Religion changing is a free will and if anyone wants it the person can change it but why force anyone.

kg11sgbg

Indian Railways - The Vibrant and Moving INDIA
Ultimately it is the "Dhandabaji" that is prevalent amongst the major portion of Political Society or Religious groups here in our country.
So a one man or a few men show won't change the plight for us the ordinary citizens,leave alone the futile future for the common poor and weaker people of this country.

Desmond

Destroy Erase Improve
Staff member
Admin
This is getting off topic. But from what I have observed from my 26 years growing up as a Christian, I have seen missionaries who are genuinely helping people in need. But the problem arises from the fact that when missionaries are donating notebooks or clothes to needy people, some right wing reporters will spread reports that they are carrying out a conversion drive when they were really just giving away clothes and helping people. This gives rise to the mindset that all missionaries go around converting people. Main thing is that missionaries don't convert, priests do.

Though I have never personally seen any missionary give people incentives to convert, such forms of conversion are not justified and makes sense for such people to revert back to their own religions because they don't have the mindset to adapt to a new religion.

There is a guy I know who has been trying to convert for more than 4 years, but the priests refuse to convert him because they say he does not have the gift of faith yet. He says that he will convert when he receives his calling. He goes to a priest for mentoring on relationships and life, but hasn't been converted yet. My point is that it is actually not so easy to convert to Christianity as people think. Even if you are chosen as a candidate, you have to attend Catechism for anywhere between few months to up to 1 year. Plus you must memorize some fundamental prayers that you are required to know.

If you skip all that, its like skipping your education and getting the degree in the end. Then when you go for an inteview, you won't know jack. You are still as good as a 12th pass student. Therefore, it makes sense for such people to revert back to their religion.

ico

Super Moderator
Staff member
TBH, nothing wrong with "ghar wapasi" as long as people change their religion of their own free will and no one gets hurt.
what I meant was, the ghar waapasi brigade will sit in their homes for a while now. (after this result)

I am not supporting Ghar Wapsi or rejecting it, but I know a case when the reverse took place. The local Church promised our caretaker that if they became Christian they would give him a piece of land where he can make his home, free of cost. He currently owns no home and lives in our apartment in a single room with bath and kitchen. Also they promised his wife some work at their churches.

Two years had passed since he became christian, he had not yet received the land neither did his wife get any job as promised.

He became a Christian just to get that land, he doesn't believe in his current religion, and he is still a practicing Hindu, no one knows about the change and he himself does not talk about it. But he is disgruntled at the Church. He still haven't change back to Hinduism because he still longs for that piece of land.

I have nothing against Christians, I like their religion and I had studied in a convent for 12 years. But its this local church that did a bad thing here.
that's funny.

"He became a Christian"
"he doesn't believe in his current religion"

"he is still a practicing Hindu"
"he still hasn't changed back to Hinduism"

:mrgreen:

GhorMaanas

The Vagrant Seeker

similar thing happening with his housemaid was related by Mr. Mohandas Pai sometime back. guess the evangelists and proselytisers are getting the taste of their own medicine now! but anyway, i was privy to an 'inner circle story' doing the rounds 1-2 months back that this campaign is most probably an 'intentionally manufactured' one, to bring to fore discussion & debate about conversions being done using coercion and coaxing, and possibly get a law made to counter the menace.

P.S. - in the 60s/70s in WB/Kolkata, it was quite known that the troublemaking communist party louts, the hadataal-champs who would agitate against any and everything, and were stout atheist touts during the course of the day, they used to do worship at Kalighat at/by night. they would confide in their near-dear ones and those whom they used to admire in the govt.-sector (but against whom still had to protest during the day, nevertheless) that they had to follow the party-line. ;)

Last edited:

nikufellow

In the zone
what I meant was, the ghar waapasi brigade will sit in their homes for a while now. (after this result)

that's funny.

"He became a Christian"
"he doesn't believe in his current religion"

"he is still a practicing Hindu"
"he still hasn't changed back to Hinduism"

:mrgreen:
You missed the whole point of ghar wapsi drama - they wanted to bring about anti conversion law - all of it was well planned, though they couldn't achieve what they set forth to.

On topic :

Though I like the fact that AAP got a chance to prove its worth the cult following that kejriwal has attracted same as modi is what irks me . These people are so blindfolded by devotion to their Messiah that there is no space for reason . The way modi/kejriwal fans are hesitant to take on any criticism is a worrying trend going forward.

Also to delhiwalas _ what do you think about proposed 15 lakh cctvs ? I don't know how feasible it is from an economic point of view but what about privacy - you have no concerns ?

Hrishi

Is there any chance of a new religion coming up soon ? It has been a long time since the last one arrived.

bssunilreddy

Chosen of the Omnissiah
Let us speculate that BJP lost the Delhi elections wantedly in order to arrest in house scrambling then there might be re-elections in the near future as well...
But I hope AK shall not vacate his seat this time but bring some good development in that state...

amjath

Human Spambot
Let us speculate that BJP lost the Delhi elections wantedly in order to arrest in house scrambling then there might be re-elections in the near future as well...

Cool story bro...

If that the case they wouldn't have met RSS on 15-Feb to discuss about the situation

GhorMaanas

The Vagrant Seeker
although still could be termed as a 'conspiracy theory', it may have atleast some extent of truth to it. i read this article a week or so back (and the article is from the last month):

Why BJP may want to lose Delhi | GulfNews.com

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom