Delayed Boot for Power and HDD too?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Stick

Ambassador of Buzz
Hello There,

Recently I noticed that when I On main Power Supply, than Push Power Switch on Cabinet the green light (power on) on cabinet didn't respond but if I take 6-7 seconds wait and than press the Cabinet Power Switch, the Green light Get ON but HDD (Orange Light) takes another 5-6 seconds to lite on and than start to load OS.

Why is it so? Is it normal? I have XP professional on my system and before it I has 98 but experience the same Delayed Boot Problem both for Cabinet Power and HDD Power.

OP
S

Stick

Ambassador of Buzz
^^,

So is it OK, or shall I need to replace some parts with Cabinet, I get such delayed after I put Powersafe 400W gold PSU instead of my old cheapo chinese PSU.

phreak0ut

The Thread Killer >:)
Are you noticing this problem recently or from past? Few systems have the option where it gives the hard disk some spin-up time, before it can actually boot, so this might be the cause.

Lucky_star

Still Shining!
Check the Power Supply. It might causing the problem. Maybe its not ablr to generate that much power at a time to start the mobo and hard disk together.

OP
S

Stick

Ambassador of Buzz
^^

PSU is 1 month old - 400W PowerSafe Gold (with 3 yrs warranty) - I didn't hear any issue so far with this model and after lot of discussion and suggestions form members I bought it. It's Dual Rail PSU.

shantanu

Technomancer
try the connections again and surely a PSU(SMPS) problem, if its just one month onld, get it changed or serviced as covered under warranty...

OP
S

Stick

Ambassador of Buzz
Thanks all, special thanks to shantanu who on my request immediately visit and post here, I removed SPIKE GUARD and problem is solved.

Cheer!

shantanu

Technomancer
great !means your spike guard was resisting on the power... :D:D

nice info... it will be usefull in the future... :D

OP
S

Stick

Ambassador of Buzz
Shantanu,

As now I use diffrent Spike and without any delay cabinet power swtich lite on, only HDD takes 3-4 seconds to boot.

Is this HDD delay is OK now or still I need to check SMSPS?

shantanu

Technomancer
3-4 seconds to boot is ok. i think when i switch on my PC. after about 2-3 seconds a tak sound comes and HDD starts at that time.. i think its fine.. :p

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom