Delay before post issue

millynac

Right off the assembly line
Hi guys,

I recently just put together a new rig and i am have an annoying little issue that i would like some help on. when i go to turn my computer on there is a 10 second delay before it will get to the post screen. Everything turns on, fans are spinning and lights are on but after that it just sits for awhile before it will post.

I have a P8Z68-V motherboard with a I5-2500k cpu with 8 gigs of corsair vengence ram. I am running with a nvidia gtx460 video card with a Crucial m4 SSD drive. I am powering all this with an Antec truepower 650 watts powersupply

i googled this issue the best i could and i still have no luck getting this darn thing not to hang. I first checked all the cables and made sure everything was plugged in properly. I then replaced the CMOS battery and also reset the CMOS jumper. Afterwards i did a BIOS update and also checked to see if the boot order was correct. I then tried out different slots for the ram and tried one stick instead of both. I know the issue is not with the video card because it was being used previously in my older rig.

Any help will be highly appreciated, thanks guys

thetechfreak

Legend Never Ends
Looks like you are not alone with this problem see this
Msi z68 delay before post - Overclock.net - Overclocking.net
and
MSI z68 gd65 G3 POST TAKES FOREVER

pimpom

Cyborg Agent
I have limited experience with Intel systems but I've occasionally come across similar issues caused by certain BIOS settings, like expecting RAID where there's none. Not saying that you're using RAID or that it must be the culprit. Just an example of how some BIOS settings can cause a hiccup at start-up.

OP
M

millynac

Right off the assembly line
Thanks guys, i was not aware that i was not alone with this delay culprit. I am hoping that it will be resolved in a future Bios update.

Top Bottom