defy or desire or galaxy sl ?

NainO

Believe Me or Not!!!
All 3 have 5MP cam, so which one is better is hard to point out.
Desire and SL are capable of 720p video playback.
Above two are on 2.2 aka froyo but Defy is on 2.1 aka eclairs. Future support - XDA

Defy has 800 MHz proccy and Desire has poor battery. So, I recommend Galaxy SL.

aroraanant

Explorer
go for Desire,its an awesome phone and much better than defy or sl in all terms.
don't think much and buy desire and i m sure u won't regret ur decision

VarDOS

15.0 GHz
If you compare the both,

SL has 4.0" screen @ 480 x 800 and DEFY has 3.7" @ 480 x 854
Well, DEFY got some more pixels in low screen size so its display surely will look good than Galaxy SL (not much, but negligible difference)

SL has 4GB/16GB internal storage while DEFY comes with 2GB. In case of RAM Defy has 512MB's RAM while SL comes with 478MB's RAM.

Galaxy SL = Bluetooth 3.0 (Futureproof), Defy = still the same B2.1

Both of them have 5mp camera but DEFY got LED Flash that's the good thing about it.

Galaxy SL can record videos @ 720p which is not possible in DEFY. Even SL got secondary camera (Facetime, 3G) which is absent in DEFY. So if you are looking over a futureproof phone then better consider SL.

SL has Froyo ROM, while DEFY still has Eclair ROM (upgrade will be coming soon, maybe). Both of them have Cortex A8 processors only SL got 1GHz clocks and DEFY has 800MHz clocks.

Conclusion: Comparing both, SL looks impressive. Unconsidered the LED Flash and better display of DEFY better go for SL.

coderunknown

Retired Forum Mod
Desire is old & have low battery backup. think what will be the condition after 1yr. its easy to suggest mobile but when you think about the future, Desire isn't the best choice. Defy can be considered only if modded. Defy is rugged, fast & have a good community support & cheapest of the above 3. SL comes next with Android 2.2 out of box.

pauldmps

Banned
I don't think that the SL will officially get the 2.3 update. However, since the 2.3 update for the original Galaxy S has leaked, it won't take much time to get it ported on the SL given the similarity in hardware & specs.

Top Bottom