[Debate]:: The Browser Wars

Status
Not open for further replies.

Retro

Journeyman
Before I post anything, Please read
1) Forum Rules
2) The Thread on Browser Fan-Boyism

Secondly, this thread is NOT a place for browser fanboyism. It is just a topic where [Sane]Internet Users and Net Addicts [Not Browser Addicts] can have a healthy debate on which browser they like and why. Please Please, don't spoil the thread topic by deviating or posting useless stuff like "OMG!!! oPEra is R00xer" or "FF is Firefux" and Bull like that.

Major Browsers::

Internet Explorer ::
Ok, IE is still Numero Uno but it's got loads of competition from new-age browsers. This browser is being used by majority of world's population.

Firefox ::
Mozilla Firefox was released on November 9, 2004 and, some people say it's been over-hyped but it has awesome features and is based on a gecko engine.

Opera is another browser having a good number of followers.

Avant Browser:: Avant browser is a slight modification of Internet Explorer. Though it has never been able to capture as big a share in the market as IE or FF, it still has a good fan base and is also open-source.

Other good browsers are
1) Maxthon
2) CrazyBrowser
3) Dr.Orca (I love this baby)
4) Green Browser
5) MyIE
etc etc

Please, lets have a healthy discussion here.

it_waaznt_me

Coming back to life ..
Let me repeat it ..

this thread is NOT a place for browser fanboyism. It is just a topic where [Sane]Internet Users and Net Addicts [Not Browser Addicts] can have a healthy debate on which browser they like and why. Please Please, don't spoil the thread topic by deviating or posting useless stuff like "OMG!!! oPEra is R00xer" or "FF is Firefux" and Bull like that.

I use Maxthon and I like it because I can customize it to my choice .. And its got the best features .. :)

mehulved

18 Till I Die............
I absolutely love Opera. It's a small feature packed browser. I also like keyboard shortcuts in opera that suit me better than other browser. I feel its the most secure browser out there (just my opinion). Also its presence on wide array of platforms has made me a fan of it. I use to use it on windows when I had it on my system. I run it on my linux box and my 3230 cell phone. I also plan to run it on FreeBSD which I plan to install next month.
Firefox is a great browser too. The thing i love most about it is the range of extensions available for it. Well no more IE for me as I got windows no more. Tried out netscape 8 was completely unimpressed with it. Haven't tried other browsers.

goobimama

 Macboy
I think browsers should be like one's religion: Keep it to yourself...And if others want it, share...But never force your opinion.

Vishal Gupta

Microsoft MVP
I like Firefox, bcoz of its very simple and neat interface, good speed, totally hackable ( about:config ), extension supports, etc.

adithya_spec

Broken In
its opera i love
its really fast and
i noticed a great thing about it
suppose u have to download some stuff which has some internal problem (which u don't know about it before) and if u try that in ie it starts download and stops at the middle
but in case of opera it dosen't start the download itself great know

OP
R

Retro

Journeyman
goobimama said:
I think browsers should be like one's religion: Keep it to yourself...And if others want it, share...But never force your opinion.
That was seriously a great line goobimama, seriously very very mature.

Back on Topic, I like Mozilla Firefox a lot. I have tried almost all browsers out there. First it was IE and then I slowly started taking a liking to Firefox and loved it and started using it. I have also tried other browsers like Opera (too complicated, bad design), Avant (So-So) which I did like but Firefox is still Number#1 for me. I have also been following the development of Dr.Orca which seems to be very promising.

""I like Firefox, bcoz of its very simple and neat interface, good speed, totally hackable ( about:config ), extension supports, etc."". Agreed!!

So, why don't many of you like Firefox anyway? Just wanna know your comments about it.

rohan

In the zone
I accept that i'm doing a bit of self advertising, but all of my views on this topic can be found here: *rohanprabhu.blogspot.com/2005/07/what-next-after-browser-wars-ended.html

P.S: By the way, I religiously use Opera 8.

devilhead_satish

In the zone
Opera rules for me. Its damn quick and has excellent caching features. And now its free. Been using the ad-supported version since three years. But now i just love it.

expertno.1

Technomancer
what to say whant not to say

i am lovin opera

when it was ad-supported i used *****

but now its free so need of these nasty struffs

btw opera 9.0 is anyway faster than firefox andnew features are just awesome !

Thanks
Regards..
Expertno.1

chesss

mera kutch nahi ho sakta
Hi ppl !!
I like Firefox, bcoz of its very simple and neat interface, good speed, totally hackable ( about:config ), extension supports, etc.

Just wanted to tell that opera 8 sports a very simple and neat interface, is definitely faster(tab switching and general responsiveness) than ff and the 9tp1 version has opera:config.
and just incase this hasn't been mentioned :
Customizing Opera :
*nontroppo.org/wiki/Opera7

hpotter606

Journeyman
I like FF for its neet interface and easy to use options. Some months ago i was using opera. But it gave me many errors and if i start multiple pages it crashes(even at 3 or 4 pages).
So then i tried maxthon and i really loved it!!! It gave very high speeds even on my dialup(i dont know how). It gave speed upto 13KBps. But after i formatted my computer,i cant use it at the same speed. The other problem i got with maxthon was the loading of images. All images did not load in it. So again i switched back to FF.
The best thing about FF is the extentions. Byt using Tabmix extention i made the tabbed brosing even better than opera.

tarey_g

Hanging, since 2004..
I tried ff when everyone was infected with the use ff fever, but never got used to it. I liked the idea of tabbed browsing that ie was not providing. then i started using maxthon which is basically ie and very customizable. so maxthon is my choice. i can install plugins of my choice allowing and disabling flash/images/sounds/vids is just a click away. pop up and ad blocker plugins are also really good , i keep adding unwanted ads/popups to the filter so next time they don't nag me . overall the browser is good for me , no problems so far .

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom