Dead BIOS

Status
Not open for further replies.

VarDOS

15.0 GHz
Last Sunday I failed my PC with an OC, since last sunday I am unable to start my PC. I thought that i spoilt the RAM but the RAM is workin fine..Every one is telling that the BIOS is dead

CAN IT BE POSSIBLE? WHAT SHOULD I DO? MY PARENTS DON'T KNOW THIS. CAN MY PC BE RECOVERED? HOW?

Thanks
Varad

amitash

Intel OCer
What exactly is happening? are the LED's and fans running?..if they are now it mite be a PSU issue. How much did you try to OC by?
Since its a failed OC just remove the CMOS battery on the motherboard for 2 mins and then reinsert it and try to boot...If that doesnt work then disconnect EVERYTHING on the mobo xept cpu,RAM and gfx card....If even that doesnt work, your mobo might be dead and you need to ask for a replacement which means telling your parents.

OP
VarDOS

VarDOS

15.0 GHz
I am not getting any beeps on startup, nor i was getting any..
The proccy and all the fans r working, also my cathode Ray tube is working also the led on the mobo is working also the DVD/RW Drive can be ejected

There is no beep no display on the screen nor the keyboard light is working

I removed the CMOS Battery for an hour but the problem is still same....

First My RAM latanacy was 5-5-5-15 and I changed it to 4-4-4-12...and since then there is no display and the case as mentioned up is been happening.

amitash

Intel OCer
is your RAM working on another computer?...since your keyboard is not recieving any power its an ominous sign of a dead mobo...same thing happened with my MSI Eclipse mobo...everything seems fine but nothing happens.

topgear

Super Moderator
Staff member
I've faced exact same problem with xfx 650i ultra mbo to be honest 3 times - so I'll not suggest anyone to buy ( actually any xfx mobo ) it ) 3 months ago thugh I was not ocing.

How did you checked your rams - by plugging it in another mobo ?
Buddy try to use different sticks of Ram.

OP
VarDOS

VarDOS

15.0 GHz
my RAM is working fine on my frnds Intel 945 motherboard....

Also I reseted the BIOS as given in the tutorials on the net...but it didnot worked

My friends and othrs are telling me that the BIOS is dead...what do u think guys???

OP
VarDOS

VarDOS

15.0 GHz
Yeah i have already tried to clear CMOS jumper.

Now what to do??? can BIOS be recovered again or should I go for a new mobo (can't possible)

OP
VarDOS

VarDOS

15.0 GHz
Yes, did it...

I did the following thing
My frnd also has the same mobo..I took my mobo's BIOS and placed on his mobo while the PC was on..(there is no risk in doing that bcause there is no function of BIOS while we r in windows) and dloaded the latest firmware of the BIOS and installed it on the BIOS...turned off the PC...replaced my BIOS to my mobo and started the PC....IT WORKZ

paroh

Padawan
Yes, did it...

I did the following thing
My frnd also has the same mobo..I took my mobo's BIOS and placed on his mobo while the PC was on..(there is no risk in doing that bcause there is no function of BIOS while we r in windows) and dloaded the latest firmware of the BIOS and installed it on the BIOS...turned off the PC...replaced my BIOS to my mobo and started the PC....IT WORKZ

Congrats that ur pc is back
Good work the only problem with hot flash is that if the bios is soldered and u need to de soldered it to take it out it is really a big task to do on the running pc.

can u tell do u need to desolder the bios to take it out and how u take the bios out from ur friend pc(In the running environment) and urs pc.

Or the bios is just inseted in the socket and u remove it and which instrument u used to take the bios out and putting it back??

Last edited:

amitash

Intel OCer
^its very risky doing a hotflash...you might damage your mobo and void your warranty...heres a guide *icrontic.com/forum/showthread.php?t=25538
I tried toget my dead msi eclipse hotflashed but the BIOS chip was irremovable.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom