DD-WRT compatible router

Can you please suggest routers upto Rs 2500 max with USB sharing,dual antennas that are compatible with DD-WRT?Basically I want to download torrent files in the range of 10GB+ without keeping my system turned on.

Also I have a TP-LINK w8968 modem.Can I use this to download torrent directly to its ftp i.e to the drive attached to the modem's usb port?

SaiyanGoku

kamehameha!!
Well I have a preference for router but how much would that cost and will it support ext hdd of 1TB.Also Can I run it 24x7?

How to Turn a Raspberry Pi into an Always-On BitTorrent Box

Total cost should be close to 4k

Yes you can run it 24*7

Pi 2 board alone costs 2.8k

I don't think there are routers with your requirements in the budget specified.

kunalgujarathi

Cyborg Agent
You can buy this-
*www.kickstarter.com/projects/1123481999/remix-mini-the-worlds-first-true-android-pc

At 1 k it's complete home entertainment solution + extreme productivity and way much polished than RPi2

OP
A

AbhishekKumar29010

Broken In
Budget increased to Rs 4000.Now I am confused whether to buy a router or Raspberry Pi 2.
How good are Android PCs?Would you recommend them?
I want to invest in something that can work for 24x7 without going kaput in some months :D

- - - Updated - - -

You can buy this-
*www.kickstarter.com/projects/1123481999/remix-mini-the-worlds-first-true-android-pc

At 1 k it's complete home entertainment solution + extreme productivity and way much polished than RPi2

I don't think it is available in India.

- - - Updated - - -

Ordered raspberry pi 2 from here: NEW Raspberry PI 2 Model B Original ELEMENT14 900MHz Quad Core CPU 1GB RAM | eBay

SaiyanGoku

kamehameha!!
Budget increased to Rs 4000.Now I am confused whether to buy a router or Raspberry Pi 2.
How good are Android PCs?Would you recommend them?
I want to invest in something that can work for 24x7 without going kaput in some months :D

- - - Updated - - -

I don't think it is available in India.

- - - Updated - - -

Ordered raspberry pi 2 from here: NEW Raspberry PI 2 Model B Original ELEMENT14 900MHz Quad Core CPU 1GB RAM | eBay

Cancel the order. Crazypi.com has it for Rs 2.8k.

OP
A

AbhishekKumar29010

Broken In
Got my raspberry pi with the case today.Here are some pics:

IMG_20150801_215946.jpg
IMG_20150801_215924.jpg
IMG_20150801_215824.jpg

- - - Updated - - -

There's one problem I am facing.
When I attach my USB 3.0 1TB WD My Passport(ntfs formatted) to it,The red light of raspi goes out(even though it can be accessed through SSH) and my disk doesn't show up when I run fdisk,so I am not able to mount it.Is it because of power issues.I can access my pendrive just fine.I am powering the raspi using a Samsung 2.0A charger.Should I use a powered USB HUB?Please guide me in this regards.

SaiyanGoku

kamehameha!!
Got my raspberry pi with the case today.Here are some pics:

View attachment 15663
View attachment 15664
View attachment 15665

- - - Updated - - -

There's one problem I am facing.
When I attach my USB 3.0 1TB WD My Passport(ntfs formatted) to it,The red light of raspi goes out(even though it can be accessed through SSH) and my disk doesn't show up when I run fdisk,so I am not able to mount it.Is it because of power issues.I can access my pendrive just fine.I am powering the raspi using a Samsung 2.0A charger.Should I use a powered USB HUB?Please guide me in this regards.

Yes, it'll be better if you use a powered USB hub.

Top Bottom