Daya Behn FTW!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hitboxx

Juke Box Hero
Having been home for the festive season since a few days, I occasionally get some space for TV and during one such encounter some three days back upon I discovered an Indian comedy which didn't bore me or let me go until the stipulated 1/2 hours of its runtime.

I'm talking about the soap 'Taarak Mehta ka Ultaah Chashma' on SabTV which airs from Monday through Thursday at 8:30pm. It is simply hilarious lol, I just can't stop laughing and the actress that essays the role of Daya bhabhi simply rocks. The voice, the accent, the dialogue delivery, everything is so funny and perfect lmao. She is one character in Indian TV today I can watch for hours and not once feel bore, she is splendid.

I will definitely watch this show from now on whenever I can. Do any if you watch this comedy?

Davidboon

In the zone
Me 2 watched the serial today..................cant stop laughing at the scene when daya behn's bro is arriving and he sends his husband to bring milk at late midnight and all that stuff...........it is simply hillarious !!!!!!

victor_rambo

हॉर्न ओके प्लीज़
I used to watch few days back when I had time, but it was the late night repeat telecast.
BTW does she natually speak that way or is it voice culture/modulation?

btw do you think Taarak Mehta can act as good as his novel on which the serial is based?

rhitwick

Democracy is a myth
I used to watch few days back when I had time, but it was the late night repeat telecast.
BTW does she natually speak that way or is it voice culture/modulation?

btw do you think Taarak Mehta can act as good as his novel on which the serial is based?
I think she played d character of a widow in "C kkompany"; there her husband was in some railways force. can't recall exactly.:rolleyes:

And I'll update my view later.

OP
H

Hitboxx

Juke Box Hero
@David, and Sunder is coming tomorrow lol....

@Rohan, not sure, but I guess it could be her natural voice or close to it, she probably emphasises her chest voice a bit to sound more pronounced.
And Mehta can't act as good, he is that 'suthradhar' kinda guy if I'm not mistaken. I have just seen some 3-4 episodes probably.

victor_rambo

हॉर्न ओके प्लीज़
I think she played d character of a widow in "C kkompany"; there her husband was in some railways force. can't recall exactly.:rolleyes:

I don't even recall having heard of any movie of that name.:p
@Rohan, not sure, but I guess it could be her natural voice or close to it, she probably emphasises her chest voice a bit to sound more pronounced.
And Mehta can't act as good, he is that 'suthradhar' kinda guy if I'm not mistaken. I have just seen some 3-4 episodes probably.

I tried to google for her real name, but no luck.

The play is hilarious but does someone really feel so geat about Taarak Mehta's insights. I mean, aren't they common sense and haven't they been taught in our early school years? I don't find anything great in that(may be I am lil dumb). Anyone agrees with me?

rhitwick

Democracy is a myth
I don't even recall having heard of any movie of that name.:p

I tried to google for her real name, but no luck.

The play is hilarious but does someone really feel so geat about Taarak Mehta's insights. I mean, aren't they common sense and haven't they been taught in our early school years? I don't find anything great in that(may be I am lil dumb). Anyone agrees with me?
I agree , sir totally, fully
Its a forced comedy, loud acting by every actor (leave the husband of Daya behen and d vojpuri actor forgot his name in and as Tarak meheta)
Some pretty much simple things, which are already shown by so many Sit-coms (sarabhai vs sarabhai, shriman-shrimari, FIR etc).
It may sound hilarious to people who don't follow TV sit-coms, but to me (I only watch news and sit-coms in TV) its and BORING.
Sorry but BORING.

I don't know if the original stories of the author r exactly same as being shown.

victor_rambo

हॉर्न ओके प्लीज़
I agree , sir totally, fully
Its a forced comedy, loud acting by every actor (leave the husband of Daya behen and d vojpuri actor forgot his name in and as Tarak meheta)
Some pretty much simple things, which are already shown by so many Sit-coms (sarabhai vs sarabhai, shriman-shrimari, FIR etc).
It may sound hilarious to people who don't follow TV sit-coms, but to me (I only watch news and sit-coms in TV) its and BORING.
Sorry but BORING.

I don't know if the original stories of the author r exactly same as being shown.
but I did not mean that :p

rhitwick

Democracy is a myth
But I mean it, thats d reason, in my first post I've written I'l update my views later.

I tried 2-3 times but could not njoy the serial.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom