DataOne v/s my 56K dial-up

Status
Not open for further replies.

//siddhartha//

Stabbing my shoe
Hi I want to know whther I should shift 2 broadband. Since BSNL has slashed prices to Rs.250/- per month I am tempted to try it. But since it offers only about 400 MB/month I don't know whether to go that way.
Normally, out of my telephone bill, about Rs. 700/- is for the dial-up internet (for two months). But if speed increases then my data download is bound 2 increase. If I continue downloading videos and stuff my 400 MB will be reduced in no time. Plz offer your suggestions. I am student and so don't need much more speed that the home introductory offer of BSNL..

kato

Karthiksn
but i think he said 700 for once in two month if u dont have problem go for Rs 500 home plan a gud plan suitable for home users.

Choto Cheeta

Rebooting
as if u r a student & not a bandwidth hungry monster :wink:... then how bout taking the unlimited dialup access plane which will cost around 399 or 499 (depending on ur location) Per Month....

in this plane u will b given second B Phone line (Land Line with separate number) free... in which only 172xxx number outgoing call r allowed... there will b no charge for dial-up internet access through that Second B Phone line... & as its a defferent line so ur main line wont stay busy which u surf...

but u have to pay or ISP separately... here u can buy a VSNL or Sify or other package where u can get night hours free & holyday for free (i am cut of with Dial-up so cant give u exact ISP price list)... like TATA formaly VSNL

Check here for that second B phone what i was talking about...

expertno.1

Technomancer
Hi siddhartha ,

The speeds offered in dialp up is 33.3 kbps (as of the BSNL diaulp)

and the broadband 256kbps

Since you pay Rs. 700 once in two month and you want to download a lot of stuffs

i would rather suggest you to leave these both and go for Airtel GPRS which offers 5 KB/s and costs Rs. 240 / month

this will be done by connecting mobile to the computer

i am giving you what you need

1) a mobile phone capable of GPRS
if u dont have one you can get one @ Rs.3800 i.e samsung c200

2) a GPRS service provider
i would suggest to go for Airtel which provides 5 KB/s

3) the cost will be Rs. 99 cut from your sim balance
(mobile balance) which in real will cost you around Rs.240

4)Airtel GPRS offers unlimited internet @ 5KB/s @ 240/month

so this will be more good for you

OR else go for da broadband and pay for what you download

Thanks
Regards...
Expertno.1

alanpaladka

Journeyman
Dear Friends,
In mumbai, Airtel Gprs is the best choice bcoz it costs only Rs.240/-. But in Karnataka Airtel charges Rs.650/- for same GPRS. So its costly here in Karnataka. I had used Airtel GPRS for 6 months. But download speed is not same at all times. Sometimes it drops down to 1kb/s. So now Iam using Reliance RConnect Freedom Plan. It costs me 650PM with 1GB bandwidth. Download speed is very good(115Kb/s) and it never drops down below 80kbps. The only bad thing is the Bandwidth Limit. I can use 30MB per day to adjust it till the end of month. :(

john_the_ultimate

No pain....No gain
Contact ur local cable operator and check the price as u would net use for occassional browsing and downloads. With them download or upload limit is not a problem(unlimited). I don't know about the speed as I haven't used one. By the way I use Dataone plan 500.

OP
S

//siddhartha//

Stabbing my shoe
I mean I am too busy in studies and log on to the net for once or twice a week. But my internet sessions are long. COmprising of downloading games, musc, videos, studying my education concepts through various websites, etc. etc.
After a student of XII doesn't have free time. So, isn't it fair that BSNL should offer more bandwidth at Rs. 250/- per month???
It is just a matter of 6 month. after that I have to leave my house since I will have 2 leave for the college hostels wherever I go in India!!

kato

Karthiksn
hey expert dont tell about gors bcoz u use one frstly u need a mobile for it that also gprs enabled one so not practical

Mangal Pandey

Journeyman
hey guys go get a LG G 1800 mobile fone for 5500/- ex raipur. it has everything u can ask 4 (except camera & radio)
u can download songs, use mobile as a USB stick & also surf the Net . it has got GPRS class 8. configuiring to PC is a childs play. 60MB memory, 262K colours, 64 bit Polyphonic sound, mp3 player , 3 hrs playtim. wat else do u ask 4 5500/- man

expertno.1

Technomancer
hey expert dont tell about gors bcoz u use one frstly u need a mobile for it that also gprs enabled one so not practical

Thats good for him
even for broadband u need the modem either on rental or buy it

he will get a mobile thats good

only @ 3800

Thanks
Regards..
Expertno.1

Incinerator

Broken In
Home 500 seems to be a nice option. One can save the download links in one's D/L manager and schedule it to begin at 2am. Similarly u can schedule ur PC to shut down before 8 am.

Having done this, all u need to do is to cram ur D/L manager with loads of links and leave it on at night.

There are some utils like GigAlarm which can do a specified task at the given time. One can program it to launch ur P2P client during free hours. It will D/L all the links you have fed into it in the day time.

This way you end up downloading so much more . . . . . . while sleeping. And it doesn't count in the bill :D :D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom