DataOne broadband

Status
Not open for further replies.

nishanthenms

Broken In
I am a current RConnect user and i am thinking to switch to dataone. I want u all to post ur current experince with the service. I also want to know if i need to format my computer how can i set it on Windows XP later on because i think at that time BSNL customer care will not be helping me on time

pupudada

Broken In
The services of `dataone' are really very good with consistent and excellent speeds. i do not think it will be necessary to format your h/drive for the same. :) Pupudada!

drgrudge

Another Brick in the Wall
I am on BSNL for the past 6 months and I am satisfied with the service. Also search the forum for format details.

Moved here

OP
N

nishanthenms

Broken In
I would also want to know that does BSNL offers any warranty on the modem? If yes then is there a service center in patna

pupudada

Broken In
i am taking the modem on rental (rs.100 pm). it had conked out last month and it was replaced within 24 hours of my complaining the same. :D Pupudada!

crashuniverse

In the zone
@ nishanthenms >> try editing ur posts to increase efficiency of forum.

dataone is a nice option but take care of the download limits before u actually select the package. Else you'd end up observing ur package getting finished in few days :)

rajat22

In the zone
Regarding your OS. With my own experiance, you should use XP to get the speed. BSNL do not provide even a good patch for 98 to adapt broadband.
A good working patch was provided by 'saroman' in this forum only. Please find.
Still for the speed, use XP

Charley

Just Do It
nishanthenms said:
I would also want to know that does BSNL offers any warranty on the modem?

yes , they give it for 6 months.. Thats what the installation guy told me when he fixed it up here....

Thor

Ambassador of Buzz
I am presently on Dial-Up.
BUt thinking abt migrating to Data-One. Ur Opinion wud be valuable..
I 'am home 4 abt 2 days a week [i.e when i'mnot at hostel during weekends].. So that makes it abt roughly 9-10 days per month. I generally remain online abt 2 hrs per day.. So do u think the .4 GB Upld/DWld @ Rs.250 Plan wud be sufficient ? If I do not heavily Download Softwares and spend most of the time surfing wud .4 GB bandwith Limit suffice ?
Pls let me know.
TIA

pupudada

Broken In
10 days per week @ 2days per hour and browsing only. plan 250 with .4gb limit is more than sufficient for you. :wink: pupudada

anubhav_har

In the zone
I am satisfied with the BSNL service.. but we are such avid downloaders the 1gb cap is the problem... but night unlimited is also there from night 0200 till morning 0800 which starts from the home 500 plan... so you can switch over without formatting your drive.

pupudada

Broken In
cyrux said:
4 gb download limit ??? Home 250 has 400 Mb download limit..huh

:x i just calculated the decimal way to avoid using a calculator and just divided 400 by 1000 to arrive at .4gb.. the exact amount will be .390625gb (400 divided by 1024) :wink: pupudada!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom