Darksiders - The Wrath of War

vamsi_krishna

Human Spambot
Developed By Vigil Games, Published by THQ... Darksiders Follows the adventures of 'War'. One of the Four Horsemen of Apocalypse. The game is a Third Person Perspective Action adventure game. Which has plenty of Hack 'n Slash, exploration and puzzle solving to do. Which not only lets you to play in post apocalyptic setting but also during the actual apocalypse itself.

The game was released on Xbox 360, PS3 initially. And on PC eventually. The PC version has a great significance as it is hard to find a worth-while Hack 'n slash game on the platform.

As of myself, I completed the game in Medium difficulty and spent nearly 20 hours exploring the game. And am thinking about playing it again in Apocalyptic(Hard) mode.

The thread is solely dedicated to the game discussion. No matter what the platform is.

Official Website - Darksiders "Your Last Days"

Requirements:

Minimum System Requirements:

Connectivity : Online Steam account
Sound : 100% DirectX 9.0C compliant sound card or equivalent onboard sound
DirectX : DirectX 9.0c
Hard Drive Space : 12GB
Operating System : Windows XP SP3, Vista SP1, Windows 7
Processor: AMD Athlon 64 Processor 3800+ 2.4Ghz or better, Intel Pentium 4 530 3.0Ghz Processor or better
RAM : 1GB XP, 2GB Vista / Windows 7
Video Card : NVIDIA (GeForce 8800/GeForce GT220) 256MB graphics card or better, ATI Radeon X1900 256MB graphics card or better ( must support pixel shader 3 )

Recommanded System Requirements:

Connectivity : Online Steam account
Sound : 100% DirectX 9.0C compliant sound card or equivalent onboard sound
DirectX : DirectX 9.0c
Hard Drive Space : 12GB
Operating System : Windows XP SP3, Vista SP1, Windows 7
Processor : AMD Athlon 64 X2 5200+ Dual Core 2.60Ghz, Intel Core 2 Duo E6420 Dual Core 2.13Ghz
RAM : 2GB XP, 3GB Vista / Windows 7
Video Card : NVIDIA (GeForce GTS 240) 256MB graphics card or better, ATI Radeon HD3870 256MB graphics card or better ( must support pixel shader 3 )

Zangetsu

I am the master of my Fate.
Re: Game You are Currently Addicted to

this is a great game and there's no issue with camera angles.

If you have liked games like prototype, BR1,2 then you will love this one as well.

I personally think it's the best hack and slash game I've ever played.

hmmm...seen the gameplay video...it is not as fast as DMC4,Bayonetta,Ninja Gaiden

vamsi_krishna

Human Spambot
To be honest, Tiamat is pretty easy. You have to just use the Evade button(RB) and should be quick at picking the sticky bombs and lighting them.

When it is rushing at you.. Don't jump the other side. Evade to your left or right. I was jumping in order to avoid the dash. But most of the times ended up taking damage.

After restarting 2-3 times... I managed to kill it by taking minimal damage. I lost 3 slots of life, IIRC.

cyborg47

Technomancer

played dark siders for an hour...not really impressed, so im gonna postpone this one for sometime, until then..DMC4!!

abhidev

Human Spambot

hmmm...seen the gameplay video...it is not as fast as DMC4,Bayonetta,Ninja Gaiden

i saw the gameplay but wasn't too impressed with it as i was with Castlevania. Hope Castlevania comes for pc too.

vamsi_krishna

Human Spambot

Don't even compare this game to DMC, Ninja gaiden. Those games' combat system is time tested, deep. Take God of war for example.. It's combat system is not even close to DMC, Ninja gaiden. But still, overall game is lot more better than those two.

Its Darksiders.. Not DMC. Its uniqueness lies in setting, abilities, etc. There are various weapons, mods to weapons, abilities, Level Ups, etc. Which are not present in DMC or Ninja Gaiden.

OP
topgear

topgear

Super Moderator
Staff member
^^ The game is heavy on mouse rather than keyboard.

The only keyboard button you will press heavily are spacebar and alt.

vamsi_krishna

Human Spambot
I will recommend playing with controller. I first tried with keyborad and mouse and later with controller. Believe me... The game is best enjoyed with a controller. Button mashing is so much fun when playing with a controller. Where as with keyboard.. button mashing is pain in somewhere.

Piyush

Lanaya
^^ok...
i remember that i ruined some of my k/b keys -I,O,P,J,K,L while playing DMC3 SE
and my left hand was cursing me

Top Bottom