Dark Souls III

gameranand

Living to Play
Yeah its obvious. Anyway you are not going to get any help anywhere regarding this. Prices are set by publishers and they are not going to change it. Your best bet is to buy from retail shops like Amazon, FK etc or have someone in the US gift it to you. That is if you don't want to pay that hefty price.

chimera201

Wise Old Owl
That's the thing though, their emails in "Contact Us" section is for video games support, when I emailed them, they said that they don't have any control over the pricing.

There's a contact for India here (Express Games):
Bandai Namco Entertainment Europ

But i don't know what the response would be. Indian support have no clue about their jobs.

Edit: They obviously deal with the retail version but that price is also high.

Last edited:

BakBob

Mods changed my name :(
There's a contact for India here (Express Games):
Bandai Namco Entertainment Europ

But i don't know what the response would be. Indian support have no clue about their jobs.

Edit: They obviously deal with the retail version but that price is also high.

Thanks for this, I'll mail them and if anything goes through, I'll post any further advancements here.

- - - Updated - - -

Yeah its obvious. Anyway you are not going to get any help anywhere regarding this. Prices are set by publishers and they are not going to change it. Your best bet is to buy from retail shops like Amazon, FK etc or have someone in the US gift it to you. That is if you don't want to pay that hefty price.

The whole idea is to present the current scenario to them and show them that their pricing is absurdly high for the region using examples like Deus Ex: Mankind Divided and Tomb Raider which came out just this year. That's my plan. If needed I'll even create an online petition to validate this, but thats provided I get an audience in the first place. I have yet to find anyone who can respond with anything more substantial than "This is not our responsibility sir, I cannot help you further"

gameranand

Living to Play
You think they don't know about this. They did this on purpose. Its not like it was a mistake or something. But go ahead, if it helps, I'll support this cause.

chimera201

Wise Old Owl
You think they don't know about this. They did this on purpose. Its not like it was a mistake or something. But go ahead, if it helps, I'll support this cause.

They don't know about this. But they don't care because India is not a huge (legit) market.

Desmond

Destroy Erase Improve
Staff member
Admin
I purchased from ReaperShop for 1800 INR. Will purchase the DLCs later.

I hear one more DLC is in the works.

Will start playing after I complete Dark Souls 2.

Desmond

Destroy Erase Improve
Staff member
Admin
Tried Dark Souls yesterday and holy **** they upped the game speed. All of the action seems more fast paced than DS1 or DS2. The parrying also requires faster reaction than before.

And as usual, the tutorial boss will make any noobs crap their pants. Took me three attempts to learn his moves and kill him.

Desmond

Destroy Erase Improve
Staff member
Admin
Won my first invasion yesterday against an Abyss Watcher cosplayer. I think he had the Abyss Greatsword but I beat him with my Claymore +3 and Grass Crest Shield.

Desmond

Destroy Erase Improve
Staff member
Admin
It does in some regards. Though they have modified a lot of the mechanics. Poise works differently, parry timings have been changed, enemies are harder. Basically even if you are an expert in Dark Souls 1 or 2, you will still have to relearn the mechanics in Dark Spuls 3.

What I disliked the most is that the maps are more confusing and its easy to get lost in some areas.

But there are a lot of improvements as well. You can switch covenants from your equipment screen. You can equip up to 4 rings at a time and up to 3 weapons or shields for each hand. Each weapon now has unique skills that you can activate by two handing them and using the left hand power attack. For example, the Claymore has "stance" that allows you to break an enemy's guard, axes have warcry that buffs damage and cleaver class weapons have "sharpen" where your character literally sharpens the weapon to buff damage. Spells (including pyromancies and miracles) and weapon skills now consume a third meter called FP as opposed to limited number of uses in DS1 and 2. You can replenish FP by consuming a special type of estus from the Ashen Estus Flask. Therefore now you have two flasks.

As for overall feel of the game. It doesn't really feel like Bloodborne IMHO. Though some areas such as the Cathedral's architecture looks like it, still it feels more like a few hundred years have passed since the original Dark Souls 1's events have come to pass.

Among all the dark souls games, it seems like Dark Souls 2 is non-canon compared to 1 and 3 since there are a lot of references to Dark Souls 1 in this one.

Sent from my A0001 using Tapatalk

Nerevarine

Incarnate
You can equip up to 4 rings at a time and up to 3 weapons or shields for each hand.

This was introduced in DS2.

Each weapon now has unique skills that you can activate by two handing them and using the left hand power attack.

Also was there in both DS1 and DS2, not all weapons though.

Spells (including pyromancies and miracles) and weapon skills now consume a third meter called FP as opposed to limited number of uses in DS1 and 2.

This was a mechanic in Demon Souls.

it seems like Dark Souls 2 is non-canon compared to 1 and 3 since there are a lot of references to Dark Souls 1 in this one.

The Giant in the trailer is a direct reference to Dark Souls 2.

When I meant this game feels like Bloodborne, that I didnt mean its a bad thing. Anor Londo in DS3 looks great, I wanna buy it when it is on sale, hopefully

Desmond

Destroy Erase Improve
Staff member
Admin

When I meant this game feels like Bloodborne, that I didnt mean its a bad thing. Anor Londo in DS3 looks great, I wanna buy it when it is on sale, hopefully
This is Namco-Bandai we are talking about. I doubt they will give large discounts. It's better to grab it cheap from from online key retailer.
But if you do get it, ping me for some jolly cooperation. \[T]/

Desmond

Destroy Erase Improve
Staff member
Admin
Finished Dark Souls 3 yesterday. And MY OH MY! What a journey! The ultimate boss is a real hard-ass who fights using the coiled sword from the bonfire. He's like Gwyn on steroids. Only way I could defeat him was by summoning help because my patience ran out.
Started the Ashes Of Ariandel DLC now. Also thinking of starting a DEX build character to get one of the other endings. There are total four endings based on what you do in game.
Edit: The guy in the poster is actually the final boss.

Last edited:

bippukt

In the zone
Tried Dark Souls yesterday and holy **** they upped the game speed. All of the action seems more fast paced than DS1 or DS2. The parrying also requires faster reaction than before.

And as usual, the tutorial boss will make any noobs crap their pants. Took me three attempts to learn his moves and kill him.

3 deaths? Come on, that is nothing! It took me 30 tries to kill the Pursuer - I was at 50% health because of hollowing and so 2 hits killed me. Killed the last boss with just 1 death though, so it all seems pretty random. And don't even get me started about the Fume Knight!

What kind of build did you play? I have started as a Knight, and I am about to start my first real area.

Last edited:

Desmond

Destroy Erase Improve
Staff member
Admin
3 deaths? Come on, that is nothing! It took me 30 tries to kill the Pursuer - I was at 50% health because of hollowing and so 2 hits killed me. Killed the last boss with just 1 death though, so it all seems pretty random. And don't even get me started about the Fume Knight!

What kind of build did you play? I have started as a Knight, and I am about to start my first real area.
You playing Dark Souls 2? There is a separate thread for Dark Souls 2 here: Dark Souls II
When I encountered the Pursuer, I just cheesed him with the ballistas.

bippukt

In the zone
You playing Dark Souls 2? There is a separate thread for Dark Souls 2 here: Dark Souls II
When I encountered the Pursuer, I just cheesed him with the ballistas.

I should have done that too lol...but then I died 200-300 times in the Forest and Heide's Tower, so I didn't really care about 30 deaths.

Sorry, I should have been clearer. I finished DS2 including DLC. I just started DS3 and finished its tutorial area, getting to the Firelink Shrine. Started as a Knight again.

Desmond

Destroy Erase Improve
Staff member
Admin
I started as Knight but thought that the armor and the 100% damage block shield made it a bit too easy. Therefore, I chose Warrior instead. Partly because I wanted to try a pure-strength build.
I started playing the Ashes Of Ariandel DLC. The last few bosses are a bit too hard IMHO, had to summon help to defeat them like a scrub.

Top Bottom