Dark Souls II

darkv0id

Journeyman
I think people here have seen the VGA '12 trailer for the game by now, but for those who haven't, here goes...

Anyway, a 12 minute gameplay trailer will debut on IGN at 1:30 AM tommorow.

Official Site

Screens

*assets1.ignimgs.com/2013/04/09/darksoulsii-ignjpg-a8ffb3_800w.jpg

*assets1.ignimgs.com/2013/04/10/ds2thumbjpg-daa634_800w.jpg

Attachments

• darksoulsii-ig.jpg
    darksoulsii-ig.jpg
    38.3 KB · Views: 142
  • ds2thum.jpg
    ds2thum.jpg
    62 KB · Views: 134
OP
darkv0id

darkv0id

Journeyman
Here's the gameplay reveal (with dev commentary)

So far so good, seems every bit as unforgiving and nerve-wrecking as the first game.

heidi2521

Padawan
Dark Souls may be challenging but nerve wracking isn't something i would describe it as.

So did you complete first game ??

Nope too busy Monster Hunting.

DS2 will not use GFWL.

Dark Souls 2 Official Site Updated: Pc Version New Details

Lets hope it doesn't use Steam either. I hope Namco goes the way of CDPred and keeps it DRM free(unlikely if not impossible).

OP
darkv0id

darkv0id

Journeyman
So did you complete first game ??

Well, not really. I got the "ahem" :wink: version a couple of weeks back, played ~6 hrs, but then I liked it so much that I decided to stop and buy the game when this Summer Steam Sale arrives. So no, I didn't come even close to completion, but I've got more than a taste of it's infamous difficulty.

heidi2521

Padawan
Despair Trailer:

HYPE!!!

DS2 will lead on PC at 60 FPS with no drops. Gets a new engine.

*www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=538551

How DS2 stays true to the original(and has dedicated servers):

*www.eurogamer.net/articles/2013-04-11-enjoy-your-deaths-how-dark-souls-2-stays-true-to-the-originals-spirit

heidi2521

Padawan
Boxart:

*b-i.forbesimg.com/erikkain/files/2013/04/DARKS2_PC_PFT_Front1-e1365704062579.jpg

At least they didn't decide to go with the "Chin Down, Eyes Up" look :/

Nerevarine

Incarnate
There is no direct way to coop with friends in DS2.. Once you drop summoning icon, anyone from that server can join it... Your friends may not even see it.. that is a real bummer

Nerevarine

Incarnate
^You did ? You lucky ass :/
I will wait for a good deal to buy it.. Dark Souls is one of the few games that are on my MUST BUY list :D
Pirated copy doesnt do it justice

Faun

Wahahaha~!
Staff member
My Dark Souls 2 Black armor edition shipped today. Will be in my hands by tomorrow.

Top Bottom