Status
Not open for further replies.
Two of the CDs with this month's June issue were damaged, i.e. my CD-writer drive could not read them. But the Business Plan CD worked.

There are no marks on either of the un-readable CDs so is there any way to repair them? What caused the damage if there are no marks?

shovik

Banned
Yeah defintely ask for replacmements. Provide your this months digit patron code and send your damaged cd back to digit.

Rest assured you will get back new ones soon.

Digit rocksss...........

Regards,
Shovik.

pop143

Journeyman
Wannabe_a_techie said:
Thanks guys but I don't need the CDs...just wanted to know what is the damage if I can't see any marks?

did u check the cds in ure friend computer? everywhere its the same..not working..?

aryayush

Aspiring Novelist
Wannabe_a_techie said:
Thanks guys but I don't need the CDs...just wanted to know what is the damage if I can't see any marks?
First of all, as pop143 quite rightly suggested, it may be a problem with your drive. Sometimes drives work fine with most CDs but take exception to some. Try them on a friend's PC.
And it is not necessary that there will always be physical signs when a disk is damaged. I have many CDs that are scarred worse than a tree trunk but do the job just fine and others which the drives fail to read even though it looks perfectly innocent. :p It may be that the burning software or the drive used messed something up and the CD turned out to be faulty. There may be some other sort of software damage.

Vyasram

The pWnster
maybe ur drive needs a firmware urgrade if it works in another drive

*www.thinkdigit.com/forum/showthread.php?t=878

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom