Crystal Disk Info Analysis HDD Advice

gameranand

Living to Play
Hey guys I install this software and it shows Yellow. Here are the images. Do I need to be worried or something ??

*www.mediafire.com/convkey/ecb7/fpdgy7fl6p3lkwu6g.jpg

*www.mediafire.com/convkey/9da9/vqjijs7881292og6g.jpg

*www.mediafire.com/convkey/4f09/7tdrs8aka46mx446g.jpg

*www.mediafire.com/convkey/e042/gllg9jl0a99pbhq6g.jpg

Please do tell me what that yellow color is saying. :)

Last edited:
OP
gameranand

gameranand

Living to Play
Primary

Green Edition

External

Games

Also updated the first post and now images are visible. :)

Last edited:

rijinpk1

Aspiring Novelist
hide the serial no.
try to copy "large" data to those hdd (which shows yellow) daily and check whether current pending sector value is increasing or not. If it is then it is time for another RMA or else atleast safe now.

What does that pending sector count mean anyway and why its yellow and what it signifies ??

S.M.A.R.T. - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia.

From Wikipedia:

Count of "unstable" sectors (waiting to be remapped, because of unrecoverable read errors). If an unstable sector is subsequently read successfully, this value is decreased and the sector is not remapped. Read errors on a sector will not remap the sector immediately (since the correct value cannot be read and so the value to remap is not known, and also it might become readable later); instead, the drive firmware remembers that the sector needs to be remapped, and will remap it the next time it's written.[SUP][29][/SUP] However some drives will not immediately remap such sectors when written; instead the drive will first attempt to write to the problem sector and if the write operation is successful then the sector will be marked good (in this case, the "Reallocation Event Count" (0xC4) will not be increased). This is a serious shortcoming, for if such a drive contains marginal sectors that consistently fail only after some time has passed following a successful write operation, then the drive will never remap these problem sectors.

and post smaller pics and hire the serial number.

whitestar_999

Super Moderator
Staff member
just for information crystaldiskinfo installer version now comes with opencandy adware so use portable zip version which is free of adware.as for pending sector count if it remains stable or goes away then its alright but if it keeps increasing then its time to replace that hdd.

rijinpk1

Aspiring Novelist
also run wd utility which can sometimes correct those errors unless it is completely inaccessible.

OP
gameranand

gameranand

Living to Play
Alright thanks guys. As for Hiding the serial number, those images are uploaded on Mediafire which don't support Editing or I would have done that already. :)

^ you should have hid the serial number before uploading. Moreover, crystal diskinfo itself has option for hidding the serial number.

OP
gameranand

gameranand

Living to Play
Whats the ideal temperature for HDD ?? Also maybe I should mention that my living place is quite hot, I mean the area. :D

Whats the ideal temperature for HDD ?? Also maybe I should mention that my living place is quite hot, I mean the area. :D

I've never seen my HDD go above 40 C even in Jodhpur's evil heat. You may be having all the drives stacked up. Leave plenty room between two HDDs and install an extra fan that blows air on the HDDs.

OP
gameranand

gameranand

Living to Play
Yes they are stacked up. Thanks for the suggestion. I'll rearrange them as soon as Witcher 1 download is complete. :D

Flash

Lost in speed
I was having overheating problem on 1 of my HDD (2 on a stack, one above the other) and the heat sometimes went up to 50 C. (We can even a boil an egg, wth a steel tumbler on it)
Now i left 1 on stack, and the other (overheating HDD) outside of cabinet and it's hovering around 40~45 C. :mrgreen:

Top Bottom