Crysis Warhead; Releasing this september.

Status
Not open for further replies.
OP
toofan

toofan

Technomancer
On 19 inch screens I think "Warhead" will run at its glory with HD4850. But for Crysis I dont remember any single card having good scores against him.

Crysis is the game made to be played in 2012 or even later at higher settings.:D:D:D:D:D

asingh

Aspiring Novelist
On 19 inch screens I think "Warhead" will run at its glory with HD4850. But for Crysis I dont remember any single card having good scores against him.

Crysis is the game made to be played in 2012 or even later at higher settings.:D:D:D:D:D

Unless you go for x3 SLI using 3 GTX 280...! You can get around ~91 FPS at high resolutions. Around 750W of power and a lot of money are needed.

I guess by 2012 I will have money like that to splurge on computer parts :)

OP
toofan

toofan

Technomancer
By 2012 I think the Graphic Technology will be developed enough that some card will be able to run that game single handed.

I think that the maker of Crysis might have designed the game for thier grand childrens.:confused:

Last edited:

asingh

Aspiring Novelist
And..they made the scenery...details...Island so beautiful....one gets...tempted....

Just gave me an Idea to start a thread...Crysis vs Far Cry....keep a look out.

asingh

Aspiring Novelist
Hi,

Well the minimum system requirements for Warhead is out.

Min System Specs

Not sure what they are thniking...minimum means...30 FPS...or just getting to the menu commands...!

prasath_digit

prasath->loves(APPLE);
Already saving money for warhead..........going to buy legal copy(Just like Crysis & Far Cry)........Will continue to buy all games from CRYTEK........ :D

OP
toofan

toofan

Technomancer
^Ok what about rest of the games.:D:D:D:D

I copied the minimum requirements here and its for all and to wonder.

CPU: Intel Pentium 4 2.8 GHz (3.2 GHz for Vista), Intel Core 2.0 GHz (2.2 GHz for Vista),*forums.guru3d.com/showthread.php?t=270401# or better
RAM: 1GB (1.5GB on Windows Vista)
Video Card: NVIDIA GeForce 6800 GT, ATI Radeon 9800 Pro (Radeon X800 Pro for Vista) or better
VRAM: 256MB of Graphics Memory
Storage: 15GB
Sound Card: DirectX 9.0c Compatible
ODD: DVD-ROM
OS: Microsoft Windows XP with Service Pack 2 or Microsoft Vista
DirectX: DX9.0c or DX10

Do you guys believing in it. Its really hard to believe. This game will run on any machine which has just a graphic card. just any card I think.

May be the settings will be low. Great news for all of us.

asingh

Aspiring Novelist
Not sure....again..what they mean by minimum. I guess 30FPS on 800 x 600 resolution...!
Crysis had similiar minimal requirements apart from the footprint.

Though if they have optimized the code, and made better driver compatibility (read nVidia--ATI does not gel too well with Crytek products)...we could have better performance..without spending tons of cash. :)

Nevertheless, I am going to get the game anyways (after I go for a major upgrade) :)

OP
toofan

toofan

Technomancer
Ya i am too loking for a upgrade my first priority is to have a hd 4850 or may be hd 4870 if i get a better deal there.

prasath_digit

prasath->loves(APPLE);
My sys:-

AMD Athlon 64 X2 3600+
2GB DDR2 667Mhz [Dual-Channel]
XFX Geforce 7600GT 256MB DDR3 XXX Edition [590,1600]

this thing runs Crysis @ 25fps @ 800x600 @ high-settings @ DX9 in WinXP Pro

what performance can i expect from Crysis:Warhead as well as Far Cry 2 from this machine? :?

OP
toofan

toofan

Technomancer
at 800x600 if you reduce the settings just a bit. I think the fps will rise to 40s. Its better to reduce the settings and increase the screen resolution to 1024 X 768. it will give you far better results.

asingh

Aspiring Novelist
My sys:-

AMD Athlon 64 X2 3600+
2GB DDR2 667Mhz [Dual-Channel]
XFX Geforce 7600GT 256MB DDR3 XXX Edition [590,1600]

this thing runs Crysis @ 25fps @ 800x600 @ high-settings @ DX9 in WinXP Pro

what performance can i expect from Crysis:Warhead as well as Far Cry 2 from this machine? :?

It should be same for both games...unless they have really optimized..Warhead. Far Cry might be lower or higher :)...depends how optimized the DUNIYA engine will be.

prasath_digit

prasath->loves(APPLE);
at 800x600 if you reduce the settings just a bit. I think the fps will rise to 40s. Its better to reduce the settings and increase the screen resolution to 1024 X 768. it will give you far better results.

No man, i've tried wat u said......the higher res eats up around 7-10fps!!!........I even tried to lower all-settings and run it at 1280x1024........looks sharp but runs @ 11fps!!!!!........ :confused:............Anyway if i want to enjoy a game like Crysis or Crysis Warhead........or Far Cry 2 then i should ditch my 17'inch CRT infavour of a 19'inch Wide-LCD..........My friend has a widescreen 19'inch LCD running Crysis on a XFX 8600GT 256DDR3.....that blow away the CRT boxes to junkyards.....:D

Next Engine for Crytek in 2012:- ( Hopefully CryEngine 3 )

*pc.ign.com/articles/899/899974p1.html

Notice:-

"Cevat Yerli believes this engine technology( CryEngine 2 )will be more than sufficient in powering games through 2012" :eek:

"Yerli seemed confident that real-time gaming graphics will match current CGI offline rendering." :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek:

Last edited:
OP
toofan

toofan

Technomancer
Upgrade is the only word coming to my mind. i tried playing crysis demo without the graphics card on my machine with integrated ati x200 graphics. I played the demo it was ........... playable(I can say as i played) with regular freezings at the time of explosions and heavy firing.

Actually crisis is not the game meant for playing. Its meant to be placed in museum with a tag that this game was played by only few living beings on this planet and due to this reason this game extinguished from our planet.:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D.

Psychosocial

Violent serenity.
Upgrade is the only word coming to my mind. i tried playing crysis demo without the graphics card on my machine with integrated ati x200 graphics. I played the demo it was ........... playable(I can say as i played) with regular freezings at the time of explosions and heavy firing.

Actually crisis is not the game meant for playing. Its meant to be placed in museum with a tag that this game was played by only few living beings on this planet and due to this reason this game extinguished from our planet.:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D.

The tag will read --->>>

'This is the legendary Crysis which was only played by some blessed ones. Crysis created so much Crisis that the goernment had to ban the masterpiece and thus vanished from the sightings of normal entities. Because of this games, there was a hunger drought as many people's children and wards aspired to play the game at even the lowest settings ALBEIT even to run the game at lowest, they had to shell out thousands of dollars for a computer and thus were left homeless and hungry. This game has also been charged for intimidating violence and mass outbreak by the people who played. This lunatics claimed that . having shelled out their/their parents hard earned money, they only got to experience a peice of junk and now they hardly had money left for food and clothes. Due to this reasons, the goernment banned it and the ever-hailed masterpiece was never seen again except the P2P sharing community.'

Nice tag, isnt it ?

:lol:

^^
Ha Ha Ha :rolleyes:
Anyway, I can play Warhead on my rig
2Gigs of ram, 7600GT Grafix card
Settings may be low,
but I can play with good frame rates
Yay!!!Yippee!!! Hurray!!!! :D
PS. Crysis did run at 1024x768 with all settings at medium. Gave me a playable frame rate...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom