Crysis on "Very High" with 9600GT.. Too good to be true?

Status
Not open for further replies.

asingh

Aspiring Novelist
nakulvit are you running the pure installation, or you have modified set up files, or using something like Cuba's Custom Config files..??

OP
nakulvit

nakulvit

Broken In
nakulvit are you running the pure installation, or you have modified set up files, or using something like Cuba's Custom Config files..??

When i made my first post, it was pure and un-modded. Then in my latest post, i did some modification as mentioned.

@krazzy

Glad to be helpful :)

IronManForever

IronMan; Ready to Roll...
^^ You say you are playing a cracked version?...

Is it a kinda size-compromising cracked version? With modified textures, etc. Ive seen no AA taking effect in COD4 at my friends place... Let me not get banned but it was a cracked version :!: , lesser in size by 1.something GBs.

Thats my 2 cents.
And If it is working, why fret. You're getting somehting you ought to not get. Be happy. :D

OP
nakulvit

nakulvit

Broken In
^^ You say you are playing a cracked version?...

Is it a kinda size-compromising cracked version? With modified textures, etc. Ive seen no AA taking effect in COD4 at my friends place... Let me not get banned but it was a cracked version :!: , lesser in size by 1.something GBs.

Thats my 2 cents.
And If it is working, why fret. You're getting somehting you ought to not get. Be happy. :D

No.. It's the complete ISO.. Not any repacked stuff. The reason i was mentioning it is because the .exe file i replace has a difference in size... A lot infact..

toofan

Technomancer
Guys i found one setting down thats Vsynk setting is down. You all may check your Vsynk setting if it is on or not.
Just pointing your attention toward that point as i don't own cyrsis and even HD4850.

Or may be his 9600gt be an over clocked one.

Ethan_Hunt

Aspiring Novelist
Guys i found one setting down thats Vsynk setting is down.
Didn't quite understand this statement.:confused:

Anyway if you are referring to the V-Sync setting then yes most of us set it to OFF.It's only in extreme cases when the FPS throttles above 60FPS we tend to add V-Sync to reduce visual tearing.In Crysis, I suppose by default it's set to OFF.

@nakulvit: Dude if you are getting good visuals along with good frames then might as well enjoy it.:-D

Psychosocial

Violent serenity.
Well I used to play Crysis at High on 1440x900 with no AA as turning on AA would gimme very slow frame-rates. In Crysis Warhead too I have the same settings. I think both, allwyndlima and Sam9s are right that the AA is not working otherwise this is technically impossible :|.

toofan

Technomancer
check the official ATI discussion thread at Hardware section. It says the crytec has optimised this game for Nvdia. if thats true it will run more effectively at green cards then red ones.

Psychosocial

Violent serenity.
hmm.....AFAIK only the Tom Clacny games are optimised for NVIDIA.... others claim to be optimised for NVIDIA but run equally well on both.

asingh

Aspiring Novelist
check the official ATI discussion thread at Hardware section. It says the crytec has optimised this game for Nvdia. if thats true it will run more effectively at green cards then red ones.

Yes this is true..most are aware of this...nVidia drivers are are better for Crytek products vs ATI. Actually Crytek is the culprit..giving more preference to nVidia when creating the original source code...sad...true..business..!

AngryAmoeba

Right off the assembly line
hey guys, found this topic via google and just wanted to clarify something. the way anti-aliasing is implemented in the engine that crysis (and crysis warhead) uses, it doesn't get applied to foliage like grass and trees. the only solution for those edges is edgeAA, which you can google. regular anti-aliasing smooths non-foliage edges.

looking at the screenshots, i'd say anti-aliasing is probably working as it should. i'm looking mainly at the edges of rocks and his pistols. it does look slightly more aliased than 16x should, but i'm no expert at eyeballing these things.

tkin

Back to school!!
I play at 1280x1024.The last person I had seen playing at 1024x768 resolution with full Anti-Aliasing was Sunny from this forum.I distinctly remember him posting photos showing that as well.But his graphic card was based on a 8800GTS in SLI configuration.That I could believe but this is with a single card & that too a 9600GT.All I need to see is what's the amount of AA he has applied.I'm asking that because adding AA to this game is like making Godzilla stomp over your graphic card.
I played both Crysis and Warhead @ 1024x768, threw my 22" LCD monitor away and used an old 17" CRT to play it.

Warhead;
All settings @ Enthusiast.

AA @ 16XQ.

Framerate was really good,in Warhead there was a bit slowdown in the first Ice Level(Hovercraft run) but otherwise it was O.K.

Crysis ran as smooth as butter with Natural Mod Applied,
All settings @ Ultra(DX10 unlocker)
AA @ 16X
(P.S-To me, eye candy is everything)

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom