Crysis 3

cyborg47

Technomancer
If light is bent, then there won't be shadows. Shadows are caused due to the light being reflected or absorbed by the substance.

oh god nevermind. I'm confusing myself now, you're right. My point was, that when the light doesn't pass through the object, the shadows will be created. But what word is it, Ricochet, bounce?

Extreme Gamer

僕はガンダム!
Vendor
reflect, bounce and absorb are the three words :)

the nanosuit is supposed to bend light during cloak, not bounce it back or reflect it.

The only explanation is a coding limitation, because the engine does not do full scale raytracing, which is the only way to really avoid the glitch without looking odd.

cyborg47

Technomancer
reflect, bounce and absorb are the three words :)

the nanosuit is supposed to bend light during cloak, not bounce it back or reflect it.

The only explanation is a coding limitation, because the engine does not do full scale raytracing, which is the only way to really avoid the glitch without looking odd.

No I don't think its Bend through the body, its impossible. Again, like I said, the suit does not become transparent to let the light go through it. There are some ways in the real world to get the cloak working by bending the light around the object so that it blends with the environment, but not transparent. Its the same in the game, the nanosuit is supposed to bend the light around itself, not letting it pass through, so the obvious shadows ;)

Extreme Gamer

僕はガンダム!
Vendor
when did i say bend through? Obviously if the suit will bend light, it well bend the light around it...
And if it bends around the suit, it has to reconverge to generate the illusion. If not, the spot will appear black with a very poorly defined shadow.

If the suit becomes transparent you will see the nerve cluster and goop that remains of alcatraz

mohiuddin

Journeyman
Basic optics, if light is reflected from an object then you can definitely see the object

no, if all type rays is reflected then we wouldn't see the object, it would act like a mirror. But that not the case.
I think it is a flaw.
Or may be all light rays aren't bend, but still the shadow should be softer in cloacked mode than that of in uncloaked mode.

Extreme Gamer

僕はガンダム!
Vendor
Started Playing this...
which is the best AA setting SMAA,MSAA or FX???

Appearance : Performance, SMAA. Performance, FXAA. Appearance, MSAA.

All my personal opinion and experience, not based on any screenshot. To me FXAA looked very fuzzed out, SMAA looked most "natural", while MSAA looked smoothest but had a little more fuzz than SMAA.

All this is comparing the highest available options for each AA to me.

gameranand

Living to Play
Appearance : Performance, SMAA. Performance, FXAA. Appearance, MSAA.

All my personal opinion and experience, not based on any screenshot. To me FXAA looked very fuzzed out, SMAA looked most "natural", while MSAA looked smoothest but had a little more fuzz than SMAA.

All this is comparing the highest available options for each AA to me.

Agreed. I also don't use FXAA at all. It makes entire images blurry. :(

Extreme Gamer

僕はガンダム!
Vendor
Agreed. I also don't use FXAA at all. It makes entire images blurry. :(

The only game where I used FXAA was Battlefield 3, and only because the textures are soft anyway, so the added fuzz makes only a marginal difference. IMHO TXAA should have been released instad of FXAA. FXAA is only a post-process feature that blurs a completed frame, not unlike the "definition" option in GTAIV, and not a genuine AA process.

topgear

Super Moderator
Staff member
Completed Crysis 3 and on veteran difficulty the whole game took 9 Hours 58 Mins .. can't say about review sites but this game is good enough and demands a play through.

Extreme Gamer

僕はガンダム!
Vendor
Completed Crysis 3 and on veteran difficulty the whole game took 9 Hours 58 Mins .. can't say about review sites but this game is good enough and demands a play through.

This game is not worth its current price tag, that much is certain :)

Try post human warrior, you will see very little difference in difficulty.

Top Bottom