Crysis 3

anirbandd

Conversation Architect
right.. saw it. this weapon, actually exists. Yes. though its still in prototype stage. and NOT handheld.
btw. i hope there will be ample ammo available for it.

btw.. this game is on the CryEngine3, right? Crysis2 was also on CE3.. how come it will use more graphics power than cry2?

vickybat

I am the night...I am...
^^ It has been tweaked heavily and optimized to great extent.
Cryengine 3 was in its nascent state in crysis 2. This game will show what Cryengine 3 is all about.

[YOUTUBE]Y0ffBZI5PpM[/YOUTUBE]

[YOUTUBE]nMwk2Zi0c3o[/YOUTUBE]
Though the videos are not of good quality, you'll still have a good idea of what this magnificent engine is capable of.

Do you know that the new tomb raider game uses the same engine that tombraider legend/underworld used.
Compare the new one now with them and you will see some massive changes in quality. The new one feels like its runs a whole new and different engine.

This is what modification and optimization does. Use of new API's and libraries can make a hell of a difference. :)

Last edited:

anirbandd

Conversation Architect
^^ It has been tweaked heavily and optimized to great extent.
Cryengine 3 was in its nascent state in crysis 2. This game will show what Cryengine 3 is all about.

-snip-

This is what modification and optimization does. Use of new API's and libraries can make a hell of a difference. :)

so if an engine is modified, doesnt it become a new engine?? or what changes need to be done in order to call it a new engine?

Zangetsu

I am the master of my Fate.
so if an engine is modified, doesnt it become a new engine?? or what changes need to be done in order to call it a new engine?
It's a legacy system where older version code is optimized/modified to make a new version this is what happens in software industry....
just google for these keywords major version minor version alpha beta

vickybat

I am the night...I am...
And That feature is known as Inheritance in C++, I guess!!

Inheritance is not only present in c++ but every object oriented programming language. :)
Here we are talking about modifying a code achieve same things differently.

For example in every engine, you might see a tree as output but the look, feel , behavior and other aspects of a tree varies greatly from engine to engine.
Adding new api's and methods to existing code also helps in changing the output significantly.

Here , not only the child or subclass is modified but also the parent class and its methods.
So the subclass will have newer methods at its disposal as well as inherit new modified methods from parent class.
Basic polymorphism. :)

This was extremely a layman' s explanation. Game design and coding is still a very huge thing. :)

V2IBH2V

C0nFu$3D n0ob
o_O i thought they applied some advanced polymorphism.. And yea im just a teen who just learnt some C++..!! :p

gameranand

Living to Play
Oh well if you want to know about engine, then I would suggest you to read something about infamous SOURCE engine from Valve which have lived through many many great games. :)

V2IBH2V

C0nFu$3D n0ob
Oh well if you want to know about engine, then I would suggest you to read something about infamous SOURCE engine from Valve which have lived through many many great games. :)

Something suggests me that it was in CS:Source too.. LOL just a slightest guess!! Don't flank me for this! :p

anirbandd

Conversation Architect
Inheritance is not only present in c++ but every object oriented programming language. :)
Here we are talking about modifying a code achieve same things differently.

For example in every engine, you might see a tree as output but the look, feel , behavior and other aspects of a tree varies greatly from engine to engine.
Adding new api's and methods to existing code also helps in changing the output significantly.

Here , not only the child or subclass is modified but also the parent class and its methods.
So the subclass will have newer methods at its disposal as well as inherit new modified methods from parent class.
Basic polymorphism. :)

This was extremely a layman' s explanation. Game design and coding is still a very huge thing. :)

i'm a layman.. ;) thanks for the explanation!

have any links??

d3p

PowerHouse
Crysis 3 The 7 Wonders Videos.

Episode 1 : " Hell of a Town "

[youtube]bneAJKSjeKI[/youtube]

Episode 2: "The Hunt"

[youtube]IU7LbkHpLZ8[/youtube]

Episiode 3: "Cause & Effect"

[youtube]2qFLtnSqS6Y[/youtube]

Episode 4 : Typhoon

[youtube]5DB5CgTcX1U[/youtube]

Last edited:

mohiuddin

Journeyman
Watched only episode 4.That typhoon seems good.
crytek again prooved that they are good at atleast one thing. And that is hyping.

vickybat

I am the night...I am...
crytek again prooved that they are good at atleast one thing. And that is hyping.

Its going to be worth the hype. The gameplay shown, beats the hell out of most fps titles out there.

V2IBH2V

C0nFu$3D n0ob

And.. How the hell can you say that? And that too by watching nothing but a single Episode? Lol.. I'm watching each and every bit of its episodes and I'm sure that it will be an epic game! I'm so sure that I even pre-ordered this game!
The Graphics, the Engine, the Physics.. Everyting looks just awesome..

Top Bottom