Crysis 3

NVIDIAGeek

Long Live Gojira!
Damn. I lost hope in this series too. But I'm glad they didn't make 2 and 3 with Nomad in it. Otherwise, I would have rage'd like hell.

Ajh! The memories. My shute's gone! Bang opening.

Last edited:

vickybat

I am the night...I am...
Even i miss Nomad a lot. Crytek has kind of spoiled the entire storyline with crysis 2. Crysis 1 was so promising that i thought the sequels will surpass it not only graphically but with an even
engrossing storyline. But sadly, non of them happened even though i wouldn't call crysis 2 graphically bad.

gameranand

Living to Play
Even i miss Nomad a lot. Crytek has kind of spoiled the entire storyline with crysis 2. Crysis 1 was so promising that i thought the sequels will surpass it not only graphically but with an even
engrossing storyline. But sadly, non of them happened even though i wouldn't call crysis 2 graphically bad.
IIRC you were saying that Crysis 2 has surpassed Crysis 1 graphically by miles. We had a little aggressive debate over this also. LOL. :p

vickybat

I am the night...I am...
Cheat Code Central: Video Game News.

Crysis franchise to still continue with newer storylines after crysis 3.

cyborg47

Technomancer
Here's what I would do with the next Crysis, take Batman Beyond, replace Terry with some badass dude, resize the nano suit to something that more agile and thin like a suit not an armor, make it fast paced game :D That's the first thing that came to my mind when I read Cevat's interview.

gameranand

Living to Play
Cheat Code Central: Video Game News.

Crysis franchise to still continue with newer storylines after crysis 3.

Isn't this obvious when they are with EA. Bioware also said earlier than ME3 would be the end of the series but they are making another, now Crysis. They just don't want to work on new projects at all, just the sequels and prequels. Now we are having lack of new game series but thankfully there are some developers who take it seriously and make new games for gamers. If any developer is with EA then first game could be awesome and then the game goes in yearly mill and DLC crap and then looses its charm.

NVIDIAGeek

Long Live Gojira!
Heard Crytek were going solo after Crysis 3. They said, they'll only make true F2P games. They said, they would break away from EA.

Broken In
Crysis 3 alpha MP is a real resource hog. It uses around 1.9GB of VRAM in max details @1080p with motion blur set to medium. Although this is the maximum amount of VRAM usage, not the average. It uses two CPU cores to full 100% and the other two cores hovers around near 33% on my i5 2500. I played the game for nearly 15 hours between 4 and 9 th of this month and was really satisfied with the gameplay. Sprinting no longer drains energy, guns are awesome and the bow is a real bad ass. However the bow was made available only on the last day i.e on 9th. There is virtually no difference between high and very high although the performance would take a huge hit. I could get around 40-50 Fps average on very high with my OCed 7970. The minimum frame rate I've noticed is 33 fps using fraps.

vickybat

I am the night...I am...
This is a better looking video:

*www.youtube.com/watch?v=_2LX8bEmhDc&feature=relmfu

Gameplay is rocksolid. Its good to hear psycho's voice again. :)

cyborg47

Technomancer
Isn't this obvious when they are with EA. Bioware also said earlier than ME3 would be the end of the series but they are making another, now Crysis. They just don't want to work on new projects at all, just the sequels and prequels. Now we are having lack of new game series but thankfully there are some developers who take it seriously and make new games for gamers. If any developer is with EA then first game could be awesome and then the game goes in yearly mill and DLC crap and then looses its charm.

EA is just a publishing partner, they don't have any kind of power over dictating Crytek, if they did, there would have been no New York setting for Crysis 2. Its similar to the relationship between Valve and EA. You know what, EA was initially against the New York setting for Crysis 2, thought it would be risky, but Crytek didn't give a crap and went ahead with it, dudes have got guts ;)

IMO, I would give crytek a chance, they did make some mistakes with Crysis 2(bugs, ignoring the pc fanbase, cloning CoD's multiplayer) but at least they had the balls to go against the jungle setting that worked so well in the previous games, if EA had any say in that, they would have easily forced Crytek to set the sequel in the jungle. Coming to Crysis 3, they are definitely working on not offering the same $hit again, compare them to any other developer who makes yearly releases, at least Crytek is aiming for some variety, the varied environments concept in Crysis 3 definitely looks interesting.

Heard Crytek were going solo after Crysis 3. They said, they'll only make true F2P games. They said, they would break away from EA.

Yeah that's what I had heard too. Not sure about the F2P thing though, death of retail SP games? :|

Skud

Super Moderator
Staff member
Yeah that's what I had heard too. Not sure about the F2P thing though, death of retail SP games? :|

Not exactly death but closer to extinction. Some are saying consoles will die if they don't adopt F2P.

cyborg47

Technomancer
Some are saying consoles will die if they don't adopt F2P.

That's BS, the kind of money the industry is making right now says otherwise. As far I know, the next gen consoles could be the last time they'd be in the physical form, publishers might opt to the cloud based gaming services in the near future.

cyborg47

Technomancer
I meant digital retailers. Sorry for the confusion. :)

Yeah but that's super bad for the normal retailers. Not entirely sure if its going to be a good thing or bad to the publishers, coz the digital retailers like Steam take 1/3rd of the game's price while the 2/3 goes to the publisher/developer. How does it work with the normal retailers and publishers?

Top Bottom