Cricket Revolution - Review

furious_gamer

Excessive happiness
It has been a while since I played a cricket game and decided to buy a new game, and finally I end up with this. The store had three games BLC2007, Ashes 2009 and Cricket Revolution. After I bought the game, I find an interesting news related to that game. The Official ICC Cricket World Cup 2011 PG Game is also developed by the same folks. I’ll come to this later. Now let’s get into action.

*techfanz.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/03/cover.jpg
The game was released on October 2009 and the ICC WC2011 game was released a month before. Apart from the titles of the game, both are identical and you can’t find any difference except the fact that the later title has all player name and stadiums available because it’s officially licensed by ICC.

If you have played EA Cricket or BLC series, and feel likes you can hit every ball to fence within 30 minutes of game play, it’s not. This game requires time and concentration to master the strokes and that is where the Cricket Revolution stands tall. I played BLC 2005 and within 20 minutes of game play I mastered almostall shots and started to blast most of the balls to the fence. I expected the same with game and now even after 10+ hours of game play,I am unable to score anything more than 60 in 10 overs. Imagine the game’s potential. Let’s move onto the minute details.

Interface

*techfanz.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/03/Menu.jpg

The game's interface is pretty cool and nothing tough here. With a decent intro sequence, the game takes you to main menu, from where you can choose the different game modes like Single Player, Online/LAN Gaming and options, team management etc. To be precise, the interface is clean, simple and easy to navigate.

Gameplay

Straight away I've seen the controls and started an exhibition match. Selected India as my team and England as opponent. I got out the very first delivery I faced. A Clean bold by some bowler (names are like Patra, Sressa so don't know who it is). I was hoping that after a few overs I'll get hands on with the controls and I continued. Within 3 overs I lost all my wickets by scoring just 7 runs (4 extras). That is the time I opted for Net Practice. Really the Net Practice in this game is very useful than any other cricket game out there. The controls are awkward at first but if you get used to you'll be an intermediate in this game.

Batting

At first glance, it might seems that there are lot of controls and one cannot remember all these shots. But once you know the tricks, you are good to go. One unique feature in Net Practice is Free Form. You can select the bowler/batsman you want, and bat/bowl. It will tell you the timing and footwork details. All my deliveries have very good timing but poor footwork. After spending 2+ hours in the net, I got enough confidence to get into real action.

*techfanz.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/03/Shots_Avail.jpg

Read the full review here..... (So lazy to copy-paste the whole stuff)

Reactions: ico

gameranand

Living to Play
Re: Cricket Revolution : Review

Whats the full name of ICC WC2011????
This game looks pretty good maybe I'll try it after my RPGs.

OP
furious_gamer

furious_gamer

Excessive happiness

^^ ICC Cricket World Cup..... :D :D

249bucks isn't a big deal and sure worthy game IMO

gameranand

Living to Play

Yeah its worth but I can't find a damn review or anything about this game on any gaming sites. I searched for it on gamespot and IGN but no good.

OP
furious_gamer

furious_gamer

Excessive happiness

^^

Read this

Cricket Revolution, Cricket Revolution Review, PC Reviews | Games Radar.com

Cricket Revolution for PC Reviews, Ratings, Credits, and More at Metacritic

*www.espncricinfo.com/magazine/content/story/440193.html

damngoodman999

damnbadman666

@ gameranand

Gamespot will not include games like cricket in their website , though i expect someone 249/- bucks WIPED out for no reason :grin:

Ishu Gupta

Manchester United

I have this game and I like it. Once you learn the controls (which can take long) its really fun.

pauldmps

Banned

Does it work with XBOX 360 controller for Windows or you need to stick with the keyboard+mouse combo ?

gameranand

Living to Play

Most Probably it would work with XBOX 360 controller because its an arcade game and most adcade game work with XBOX 360 controller.

Tachyon1986

In the zone

Holy **** , that's a lot of controls. Good luck trying to memorize that :p

If the game is as challenging as you claim, then I'll gladly get it.

OP
furious_gamer

furious_gamer

Excessive happiness

Does it work with XBOX 360 controller for Windows or you need to stick with the keyboard+mouse combo ?

Sadly, it's not. :-x

Holy **** , that's a lot of controls. Good luck trying to memorize that :p

If the game is as challenging as you claim, then I'll gladly get it.

It's damn challenging and still i am struggling to get past 60 runs in 10 overs match.

gameranand

Living to Play
Re: Cricket Revolution: Review

furious_gamer said:
It's damn challenging and still i am struggling to get past 60 runs in 10 overs match.
Believe it or not I made 1118 runs in 50 overs in BLC 2007. Now I am thinking to give this game a try just for the challenge.

OP
furious_gamer

furious_gamer

Excessive happiness

Believe it or not I made 1118 runs in 50 overs in BLC 2007. Now I am thinking to give this game a try just for the challenge.

That is the reason i am saying it's the most competitive game i've ever played... :grin::grin:

I used to score 300+ in 10 overs in BLC 2005 and EA Cricket 2005, IIRC

---------- Post added at 02:22 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:56 AM ----------

@ gameranand

Gamespot will not include games like cricket in their website , though i expect someone 249/- bucks WIPED out for no reason :grin:

:grin: :grin: :grin:

Go away you DA fanboi...... This thread is not for you.....:lol:

You will not say this after you try this game.

Last edited:

webgenius

Ambassador of Buzz

Even am planning to try this game. 249 bucks is pretty cheap. Looks like this is better than the EA Sports version.

gameranand

Living to Play

Well EA suck a big time and I love BLC but there is no challenge there thats the reason this game is good.

Top Bottom