Creative 4.1

Status
Not open for further replies.

robogeek

Broken In
I purchased crative inspire 4.1. I got a wire which connects woofer and cpu.

the wire have two pins on both sides. on woofer side i fixed them in two slots named front and rear. but on cpu side there's only one slot for wire to speakers. if i fix one pin sound is coming from rear two speakers and if i fix another sound is coming from front two speakers.

what i have to do to get sound from four speakers

john_the_ultimate

No pain....No gain
R u using onboard audio controller..........if yes, then does it support multichannel speakers? Check this first.
For 5.1 channel sound card, the color code for connectors are as follows:

PINK -> microphone
LIGHT BLUE -> line in
LIME GREEN -> front out/headphone
BLACK -> rear out
ORANGE -> s/pdif(digital) or centre and woofer(analog).

So connect accordingly and u will get the audio.

For more information on sound card and its connectors see this: *en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sound_card

sakumar79

Technomancer
Yup, most new motherboards that come with built-in 5.1 channel support have only 3 slots.. By default, green is for speakers and pink is for microphone... The third (blue) is line-in but doubles up as the rear speaker slot if you have 4.1/5.1 speakers... So, connect the front pin (green) to the green slot and the rear side (black) to the line-in (blue)

Arun

ayush_chh

Ambassador of Buzz
if u were usin a 2.1 spkr system before then the setting will be of 2.1(the default setting is also for 2.1). u will hav to change the audio setting i.e. u will have to tell the comp. what type of spkr u r usin.:)

hav u done this already ??????

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom