Creating Bootable XP from current installation

Status
Not open for further replies.

Plasma_Snake

Indidiot
I saw the Adippa's tutorial to make bootable XP using nLite but I want to make a Bootable XP CD/DVD from my current installation, that is with all the SP3 and other hotfixes, softwares and drivers intact! More like a custom installation disc for my system only. I know many of you will say that's a GHOST's job but tell me one that can do it efficiently and in the same manner as I mentioned. I've tried Norton's Ghost 12 and Acronis True Image but nothing impressive so far. Even if custom disc is not possible then atleast tell me how to make such disk with all SP3 and other softwares that I want to be installed during the XP installation itself. :confused:

Kl@w-24

Slideshow Bob
Here, this might help:

*koolbluez.wordpress.com/2007/04/09...at-pre-installs-all-your-additional-programs/

Guess whose blog this is?? :D

dheeraj_kumar

Legen-wait for it-dary!
Go to unattended.msfn.org for a reallllly complete tutorial. For any questions and more tutorials go to msfn forums. They are THE BEST source for customizing XP/Vista installation. I made my own unattended customized setup from them, installing XP with WMP, IE, loads of software etc.

OP
Plasma_Snake

Plasma_Snake

Indidiot
All these methods use an existing XP CD as the starting basis. I want to know wether it is possible or not to use our own installed XP files, i.e. C Drive to create a bootable XP CD complete with SP3 which I've seperately installed on my native SP2 XP?

Kl@w-24

Slideshow Bob
Well, you can integrate SP3 and other patches with your XP CD first, then integrate the rest of the software.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom