CRC errors on rar archive files.

Status
Not open for further replies.

jyotisankar9

Right off the assembly line
Hi friends.

I'm new to this digit forum.

The problem with my PC is whenever i'm downloading some files which are in rar format, after download it never extracts properly showing crc errrors. If i force recheck that files it downloads again and next time it shows same crc error on a random file.

I tried to create a archive file using winrar with a 7 GB folder and later test it and found the same crc errors.

Pls guys help me i'm totally confused.

Thanks on advance to everyone who can share their thoughts with me.

OP
J

jyotisankar9

Right off the assembly line
Thanks for your post. But whenever i'm extracting a disc image loke any game dvd images it is giving me installation errors after extracing.

Disc_Junkie

Call me D_J!
Thanks for your post. But whenever i'm extracting a disc image loke any game dvd images it is giving me installation errors after extracing.

Hmm... there may be some problem with RAM while extracting which gives you continuous extracting errors. Install memtest and a test the memory for about 20 mins. If it finds any error it will report.

You can also try extracting using Universal Extractor and UnRAR .

Using UnRAR you can "force extract" the file. install UnRAR in your WinRAR folder. Go to the WinRAR folder through using command line and then use the following command.

Syntax:

unrar x c:\<Destination of your file name> /kb /v c:\<extracting destination>

Hope this helps.

hjpotter92

The Boy Who Lived
it may also happen if the download is corrupt, you use some download manager, I assume. moreover, it may also be fault with your winRAR version

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom