CRC Error

Status
Not open for further replies.

s18000rpm

ಠ_ಠ
I recently bought GTA SA, i installed the game in my Brother's Laptop(XP Pro), it worked fine, but when i tried to INSTALL IT on MY PC, it showed me a CRC error.

then tried to copy the files of the DVD, but i couldnt (same CRC error).
I tried to open the file "DATA1.CAB" in that DVD, WinZip returned the followin error.-- "This CAB file is not recognised by WinZip because it is not supported by microsoft"

i've spent like big bucks for that stupid DVD & now even the vendor is not taking it back (Connexions ,Chennai),
Can anyone help me, i've tried "AdvancedZip Recovery" ,"WinRAR", but i couldnt retrieve any file. (the files which are corrupt --"DATA1, DATA2. CAB, and AUDIO Folder.

My PC Config==
HP Pavilion,XP Home Edition SP2 , 256MB RAM, Intel 915G M/B, Intel 900GMA Gfx(128MB RAM).

T

thunderbird.117

There is nothing u can do. Is this the original dvd. If it is when is the date of purchase. I think the game cost rs.2500.

paul_007

Padawan
try making an image of ur DVD using ALCOHOL 120 and emulate frm ur hard disk and also check that there is no scratch on DVD,

I think even if u install the game ur PC will have hard time running the game as system requirements r low

OP
s18000rpm

s18000rpm

ಠ_ಠ
The game is original, the thing is that i bought it 1-1/2 month ago,(so no way of replacement), & now i'm in B'lore.

thanx paul dude, i'll try doing this & hope it works.
The DVD has no scratches at all.(maybe one or two scratch, but they are hardly visible)

i'm upgrading the PC with addn. 512MB RAM, I'm confused about the GFX card. dont know which one to go for,( budget-- Rs.5000)

Ethan_Hunt

Aspiring Novelist
I am not sure if this Help or not but its worth a shot I guess.Download CRC Checker and see confirm if the files really are corrupted.
In case they are then Give CD Check 3 a try and force it to recover the files.Good Luck mate.

For a Budget Of 5000 I think you will somehow squeeze in an XFX Nvidia Geforce 6600 Non-GT or may be with some additional bucks.:D

OP
s18000rpm

s18000rpm

ಠ_ಠ
Guys

i tried installing the game in my bro's. Laptop( in chennai), & it got installed with no problem what so ever.

what could be the problem with my pc's Drive, the PC's not even 5
months old.
i've used the drive CAREFULLY,(i.e., i dont put any CD/DVD which have
Scratches .).

Now i'm in chennai, so when i get back to B'lore i've to call HP guys to
check the PC.

I dont know what "make" is the drive, in the DEVICE MANAGER it shows something like "NEC_xxxxx" (xxx=some other letters).

Can you tell me how to update the FIRMMWARE of that drive.

Coz there are TWO updates on CD/DVD FIRMWARE (for PC model) in the HP's website, but the problem is that i'm not able to FIND the MODEL No. of MY DVD Drive. (the model no. of the two CD/DVD update given in the site varies & i cant open the CPU Cabinet coz the PC's still under Warranty).

Ethan_Hunt

Aspiring Novelist
Hmmm....Then the Disc aint damaged.Find out the exact model No. of your NEC's Drive and use the following link to select the necessary firmware update. NEC Firmware updates

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom