CPU's with Intel hd 4000 (pc)

NiGHtfUrY

Journeyman
I want to know which PC cpu's have Intel HD 4000,the cheapest one I could find was i5 3570k,are there any other cheaper than this one??ocing feature is not necessary...

rock2702

Padawan
The i3 3225 has the HD 4000 igpu.Its not available in India though.The igpu of a amd a10 5800K is better than an hd 4000 and costs around 8k.

OP
NiGHtfUrY

NiGHtfUrY

Journeyman
@rishi: can you please be more specific?
@rock:thank you but I need an Intel i5 proccy for unavoidable reasons..so are there any i5s with 4000 except 3570k?: )

Hrishi

@rishi: can you please be more specific?
@rock:thank you but I need an Intel i5 proccy for unavoidable reasons..so are there any i5s with 4000 except 3570k?: )

The hd4000 igpu is the graphic engine of almost all ivy bridge processor, I.e. all Intel core I* series from 3rd generation.
Sandy bridge models come with hd3000.

Any Intel 3rd Gen core-i proccy will have the hd4000 and not just the i5 3570k.

vkl

Cyborg Agent
For desktop parts as of now,all the i7 37xx series,i3 3225,i5 3570k and i5 3475s have hd4000 graphics,rest 3rd gen i series processors(desktop) have hd2500.

OP
NiGHtfUrY

NiGHtfUrY

Journeyman
The hd4000 igpu is the graphic engine of almost all ivy bridge processor, I.e. all Intel core I* series from 3rd generation.
Sandy bridge models come with hd3000.

Sir l am 99% sure that you are wrong (I sure do hope that you are right) i5- 3470,3570,3550 do not have Intel HD 4000..

Well thank-you everyone looks like I will go with 3570k :)

ico

Super Moderator
Staff member
Untrue. Many have Intel HD 2500 which is rubbish imo.

Sir l am 99% sure that you are wrong (I sure do hope that you are right) i5- 3470,3570,3550 do not have Intel HD 4000..

Well thank-you everyone looks like I will go with 3570k :)
btw, do spend a bit extra and get a Z77 chipset motherboard since you're getting a K series processor.

OP
NiGHtfUrY

NiGHtfUrY

Journeyman
Is ocing actually worth the extra money?does it increase gaming performance?even if it means cutting on core components like graphic card?

OP
NiGHtfUrY

NiGHtfUrY

Journeyman
I will be buying a gpu (7950 most probably: ))3-4 months later igpu will be used till then for playing dota2

topgear

Super Moderator
Staff member
Is ocing actually worth the extra money?does it increase gaming performance?even if it means cutting on core components like graphic card?

in the long run and if you have nice after market cpu cooler .. then yes.
getting a powerful gpu for gaming only is more important but gpus can be upgraded anytime unlike cpus so getting a K sku cpu really makes sense.

Myth

Cyborg Agent
in the long run and if you have nice after market cpu cooler .. then yes.
getting a powerful gpu for gaming only is more important but gpus can be upgraded anytime unlike cpus so getting a K sku cpu really makes sense.

I agree on that point. An unlocked proc will last through more than one GPU atleast. Get a cooler before OCing.

Top Bottom