Hello ,
Firstly here is my configuration :-
Intel Pentium D 805 Processor
Intel D102GGC2 Mobo
XFX 8600 GT 512 MB PCI-E card
2048 MB Ram
Hitachi 160 GB Sata & Seaget 80 GB ATA drive
Frontech PSU 450 Watt
And using 5 fans (including CPU`s and PSU`s)

So here is my problem my CPU and GPU are very high in Temprature .
Please see the pic :-
*i43.tinypic.com/s6rwww.jpg

I am confused here also as u can see SPEEDFAN is showing
CPU-50
Remote-63

But my bios says
CPU-63
Remote-50

i dont know which one is correct may be the BIOS because it is integrated .

Anyway the temprature is too high to handle some application Including Games *tech2.in.com/forums/images/smilies/icon_mrgreen.gif
So i need your suggestions to getting it cool down . I already done some work on the cables for the Airflow and made a lot of changes to it *tech2.in.com/forums/images/smilies/icon_rolleyes.gif if you want to see i can show some pics so u can suggest more about it Also if Watercooling is available in india then i will go firstly with it if it is not too costly . My budget is 5K. if not i can also go with asus`s v60 and some more that available in their website .
Hey i one more thing i need to tell you about , i just come to know that the processor i m using is one the world`s best overclockable processor it can be overclocked from 2.66 to 4.2 *tech2.in.com/forums/images/smilies/icon_eek.gif so i need a decent cooling system for my entire cpu including GPU .

Waiting for your response................

damngoodman999

damnbadman666
i never heard the dual core proccy can be OCed to 4ghz

just change ur thermal paste "Artic paste" and better CPU cooler Thermal right Ultimate

RMN

In the zone
if your Ambient temp is 50c that means you don't have a proper airflow in your case.
what case do you have..and how are your fan placement?

OP
A

ankurya1985

Rockstar In Nothing
i never heard the dual core proccy can be OCed to 4ghz

just change ur thermal paste "Artic paste" and better CPU cooler Thermal right Ultimate
Just google with the processor name using overclock and you come to know everything .
BTW thanks for replying i will use AS5 paste when i change the cpu fan .

if your Ambient temp is 50c that means you don't have a proper airflow in your case.
what case do you have..and how are your fan placement?
I have total five fan including CPU`s & PSU`s . so i placed front and side fan as blower .
the backside fan is blowing out .

Last edited:

RMN

In the zone
Front and Side=Intake
Rear and PSU=Exhaust
right?

strange,that setup should be able to maintain proper ambient temp.!

which case do you have?

and what is your room temp?

Last edited:

comp@ddict

EXIT: DATA Junkyard
No, this procc can be OCed to 4GHz. It came in tomshardware.com way back after it was released.

Well, unless you're facing any performance issues, there's no use going for watercooling. Water cooling is somethis else altogether for enthusiasts.

damngoodman999

damnbadman666
No, this procc can be OCed to 4GHz. It came in tomshardware.com way back after it was released.

Well, unless you're facing any performance issues, there's no use going for watercooling. Water cooling is somethis else altogether for enthusiasts.

ya i knew that even P4 3ghz can be OCed but , with air cooling will it be OCed ???

and he is asking for dual core with water cooling , will it do any performance ??? more than any core2Duos E8400 ???

OP
A

ankurya1985

Rockstar In Nothing
Front and Side=Intake
Rear and PSU=Exhaust
right?

strange,that setup should be able to maintain proper ambient temp.!

which case do you have?

and what is your room temp?
Sorry Sorry i accedently put an old pic . Actually i have done a lot of work on my cpu for better airflow . Here is the updated temprature
Speedfan says
CPU - 39C
Ambient - 38C
Remote- 60C
Again i want to remind you the bios says the temprature is 60 of cpu and 38 for remote so which one is correct i am confused .

Yes i am having a lot of problems with my cpu`s current speed . Thats why i searched for overclocking and come to know about the processor .

RMN

In the zone
ah...
that's looks fine...what is your room temp?

you should be able to get the temp in your case at idle only 3-4 degrees more than your room temp
for improving Air Cooling try getting one more intake fan and if your Thermal paste is the stock one,try applying Tuniq TX2.

OP
A

ankurya1985

Rockstar In Nothing
ah...
that's looks fine...what is your room temp?

you should be able to get the temp in your case at idle only 3-4 degrees more than your room temp
for improving Air Cooling try getting one more intake fan and if your Thermal paste is the stock one,try applying Tuniq TX2.
room temprature must be 25-35 . so no need for liquid cooling if i am going to overclock it .

comp@ddict

ya i knew that even P4 3ghz can be OCed but , with air cooling will it be OCed ???

and he is asking for dual core with water cooling , will it do any performance ??? more than any core2Duos E8400 ???
P4 cannot be OCed to 4GHz on AIR, this Pentium D of his can.

I think it has 533MHz FSB. And it OCes very well.

And dude, just buy a Artic Freezer Pro(air cooling) for Rs. 1750

THis one will let you go all the way to 4GHz.

But trust me, the performance is not exactly that good. a 3GHz Pentium D performs as good a Pentium 4 3.6GHz HT.
It's INTEL's primitive Core Duo architecture(b'fore it was developed), basically Pentium D has two P4 CPUs on top of each other.

OP
A

ankurya1985

Rockstar In Nothing
P4 cannot be OCed to 4GHz on AIR, this Pentium D of his can.

I think it has 533MHz FSB. And it OCes very well.

And dude, just buy a Artic Freezer Pro(air cooling) for Rs. 1750

THis one will let you go all the way to 4GHz.

But trust me, the performance is not exactly that good. a 3GHz Pentium D performs as good a Pentium 4 3.6GHz HT.
It's INTEL's primitive Core Duo architecture(b'fore it was developed), basically Pentium D has two P4 CPUs on top of each other.
Ok thanks but one more thing the teprature which it is showing is in winter season dont you think it will
increase more in summer . After overclocking it will need extra cooling in summer .
BTW Artic Freezer is not available here as i live in Jabalpur M.P. Cooler master i can get here i took a list of coolers
(only water coolers as i assuming a lot of heat will b generate in summer but you can suggest me other)
Aquagate S1
AQUAGATE Mini R80
Aquagate Max
Please give me the price details also and suggest me some air coolers which will suit my computer for OCing

comp@ddict

^^^

Don't you get it.

1. Don't OC to 4GHz, even 3.4GHz will give same performance. Let me tell you why.
I assume you'll be playing at 1024x728 or similar resolution. Now at that resolution, all the frames that your 8600GT are churning cannot be exceeded with CPU OC becuz it's a GPU bottleneck. Only cards like 9800GT on a PentiumD will become a bottleneck for the CPU.
So increasing the clocks to 4GHz or even 5Ghz(kidding) except maybe a higher 3D mark score, there will be no increase in gaming, except in some games like CRYSIS(and don't expect more than 5fps too).

So jam at 3.4GHz, kick water cooling goodbye(infact now you won't even have to buy any cooler).

2. Set your 8600GT fan speed to 80%('m not sure it can be done, maybe it can be).
Wait, tell me is yours 512MB GDDR3 or 512MB DDR2??

Here's an OC setting:
Core - 710MHz
Memory(DDR3) - 825MHz.

But this is at stock voltage. You'll be shocked with what you can do with this setting:
Vmods - (1.60Vgpu and 2.13Vmem):-
Core - 870MHz
Memory(DDR3) - 950MHz

Here's a link as proof:-
*www.overclock.net/nvidia/201052-who-said-8600gt-sucks-56k-warning.html

The Sorcerer

oh wow...Xenforo!!!
This guy posted this query on multiple forums. Allready given advice either to change the thermal paste (which he said he did) or most probably the thermal sensor has gone bad.

OP
A

ankurya1985

Rockstar In Nothing
^^^

Don't you get it.

1. Don't OC to 4GHz, even 3.4GHz will give same performance. Let me tell you why.
I assume you'll be playing at 1024x728 or similar resolution. Now at that resolution, all the frames that your 8600GT are churning cannot be exceeded with CPU OC becuz it's a GPU bottleneck. Only cards like 9800GT on a PentiumD will become a bottleneck for the CPU.
So increasing the clocks to 4GHz or even 5Ghz(kidding) except maybe a higher 3D mark score, there will be no increase in gaming, except in some games like CRYSIS(and don't expect more than 5fps too).

So jam at 3.4GHz, kick water cooling goodbye(infact now you won't even have to buy any cooler).

2. Set your 8600GT fan speed to 80%('m not sure it can be done, maybe it can be).
Wait, tell me is yours 512MB GDDR3 or 512MB DDR2??

Here's an OC setting:
Core - 710MHz
Memory(DDR3) - 825MHz.

But this is at stock voltage. You'll be shocked with what you can do with this setting:

Here's a link as proof:-
*www.overclock.net/nvidia/201052-who-said-8600gt-sucks-56k-warning.html
SO i dont need to buy any other cooler okay .
My 8600GT is 512MB DDR2 but i have have sent it for replacment , i asked them if they can manage to give me 512MB DDR3 but they said it depends on availability .
So what is the OC setting for DDR2 as it has same core speed but 400 MHz ram speed .I had overclocked it previously i think the setting was 670/440 . Can it be OCed more .

comp@ddict

Dunno about DDR2 one. Do pray to get the DDR3 one.

And then check this link I beg of you:-
*www.overclock.net/nvidia/2010...k-warning.html

OP
A

ankurya1985

Rockstar In Nothing
i saved that link Thanks . Can u tell me a free software to overclocking CPU . i can not do it from my bios .

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom