CPU Temperatures

Status
Not open for further replies.

praka123

left this forum longback
prakash kerala said:
goobimama said:
My cpu hovers at around 55 to 60....P4 3.0 Ghz HT...
mine P4 2.8 HT Prescott also gave normal 52 to 73 with normal cabinet.then the company replaced it with Intel preferred P4 HT cabinet that with a funnel like thing on the
side pane and two rear fans.Now temp default is 48 degrees to high load=67-68 degrees with fan running 3000 rpm :shock: :D
now am worried whether the assemble guys put that 'thermal pad' between heatsink and the processor die,as i got my 1st procee replaced .where do we find these thermal pad?

G

gxsaurav

Pentium 4 3.06 GH, with HT always enabled, using Zalman CNPS AlCu-7000 HSF, & Zalman supplied thermal paste

temprature, after just starting PC, in the morning: 32C
Idle temprature, when listening to Music : 36 ~ 38 C
Load temprature, 3D Max rendering : 45 ~ 53 C
Normal temprature, when browsing , reading watching movies etc : 38 ~ 43C

Highest temprature for CPU ever reached : 57C, 6 hrs of rendering
Highest Harddisk temprature
Normal : 35 ~ 38C, extreme load 42C (max reached)
Aux temprature : Depends on room temprature, but hovers arround 38C
Motheroard 40C :shock:

Kniwor

Learner
teknoPhobia said:
Kniwor

enable CnQ, its a lot better than manually tinkering around with the cpu voltages, it automatically adjusts cpu multiplier and voltage based on load, and your temp is way too high for your voltage setting.... the temp should be around 34-38 at idle.

I have already tried CnQ, it is not helpful at load, any anyhow the minimum it takes my voltage to is 1.1, when i can run stable at 1.175, CnQ is no use to me. I hope u understand my point.

Ringwraith

Journeyman
Kniwor said:
teknoPhobia said:
Kniwor

enable CnQ, its a lot better than manually tinkering around with the cpu voltages, it automatically adjusts cpu multiplier and voltage based on load, and your temp is way too high for your voltage setting.... the temp should be around 34-38 at idle.

I have already tried CnQ, it is not helpful at load, any anyhow the minimum it takes my voltage to is 1.1, when i can run stable at 1.175, CnQ is no use to me. I hope u understand my point.

u mean u run ur 3000+ @ 1800 Mhz on 1.175 V :O

Kniwor

Learner
Ringwraith said:
Kniwor said:
teknoPhobia said:
Kniwor

No, buddy, I run 3000+ @ 1800 Mhz at 1.1V.

But since I've overclocked it

I run 3000+ @ 1980Mhz at 1.175V

Have a good day....

Kniwor

Learner
And yes, just forgot to mention, Prime95 is stable at those voltages,

I think if i got a good overclicking mobo, my processor has great potential...

Kniwor

Learner
cryptid said:
U guys may not belive me my cpu once touched 73 (i didnt realise my cpu can stopped working);-p

U talking 73, my second machine XP 2600, was working at
70 idle
84 load
since last 2 months, i would shut down occationally, since i was not around i was not able to fix the problem.

Only after I replaced the thermal pad the temperatures came down to 50c.
And the processor is working fine now, so these processors are more sturdy than we think they are.

G

gxsaurav

Kniwor said:
Ringwraith said:
Kniwor said:
teknoPhobia said:
Kniwor

Have a good day....

If u have enabled CnQ & your CPU is running at 1.1 volt, U better update your BIOS, it should indicate that it will run at 1.5v in BIOS, it will drop to 1.1 v in Windows not in BIOS

Kniwor

Learner
gxsaurav said:
Kniwor said:
Ringwraith said:
Kniwor said:
teknoPhobia said:
Kniwor

Have a good day....

If u have enabled CnQ & your CPU is running at 1.1 volt, U better update your BIOS, it should indicate that it will run at 1.5v in BIOS, it will drop to 1.1 v in Windows not in BIOS

Not using CnQ, i said it to run at 1.1v using systool ant that's why it's running.

BTW, for venice cores 1.45 is the highest u can set and 1.4 is the default, so 1.5 is nowhere.

G

gxsaurav

sorry, i was running a PC at 1.5v due to over clocking, better run it at recomended voltage runnin at lower voltage can be dangerous for the CPU

Kniwor

Learner
gxsaurav said:
sorry, i was running a PC at 1.5v due to over clocking, better run it at recomended voltage runnin at lower voltage can be dangerous for the CPU

Will you propose me a reason why undervolting will harm my cpu, from all i know about How cpu's work, undervolting doesn't harm, it's overvolting that can harm, so i'd suggest that if u are overvolted, get ur voltages in control, because that is decreasing the lifespan of ur cpu while ur typing...

G

gxsaurav

when the CPU is undervolted, it is not getting enough power to work at the full clock speed, which will lead to short life span & more heat generation, over volting & underolting both cab harm,

Kniwor

Learner
gxsaurav said:
when the CPU is undervolted, it is not getting enough power to work at the full clock speed, which will lead to short life span & more heat generation, over volting & underolting both cab harm,

Let me try to explain u what undervolting and overvolting is all about, and then may be u'll understand why undervolting does not harm.

Have u seen a sine wave, consider the graph sin(x), now if i draw a line y=1 then this graph will touch this line periodically, if it touches say 1 otherwise 0, consider cpu voltage operating like a wave like this, in perfect world it should touch when needed, i mean we mark 0 and 1 by voltage fluctuation, if it's above some voltage we call it one otherwise 0, now, since the world is not perfect, we keep a threshold voltage to differenciate, now if i overclock, the frequency of voltage fluctuation will increase, thereby decreasing the efficiency, so there can be a time when it does not cross the threshold voltage where it should have been in ideal world, so what we do is increase the voltage to the cpu so that it invariably crosses the threshold voltage because now it has to rise to a higher voltage because we have increased the voltage, this will improve the working, but we are bound to limitations, so my friend gxsaurav, this will cause temperature problems, because voltage is increased, more power is generated, (I hope u know the formula of poewer :p ) , on ther other hand, decreasing the voltage decreases the heat produced, decreasing the temperatures, but this will also cause instability because we will more often not cross the threshold voltage at higher frequencies my friend, I hope u get my point and u will not again suggest a person that undervolting can harm cpu, Infact it assures more life of ur cpu, Only thing is, check for the "Stability". :wink:

job9434

Broken In
hey guys will you tell me where i can buy zalman cnps7700 , man i love thats heat sink . i read some reviews about it in www.tomshardware.com
i am not satisfied with my stock cooling for my 3.2 ghz p4 c.p.u which gets temp as high as 64 c at full load
plz tell me where i can get zalman

Ringwraith

Journeyman
job9434 said:
hey guys will you tell me where i can buy zalman cnps7700 , man i love thats heat sink . i read some reviews about it in www.tomshardware.com
i am not satisfied with my stock cooling for my 3.2 ghz p4 c.p.u which gets temp as high as 64 c at full load
plz tell me where i can get zalman

me 2...i m at hyd :p i wud luv to have this one!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom