CPU Temperatures

Status
Not open for further replies.

teknoPhobia

t3h g04t
I was just curious...what kind of temperatures does the average CPU reach during normal operations?

I use an Athlon64 2800+ with stock HSF and under normal usage (mp3s, movies, word etc) the cpu runs at 5-8 degrees above ambient with the fan at 1450 RPM. At heavy loads, I have reached a max of 17-25 degrees above ambient after which my fan speeds up to 5600 RPM and the temp drops rapidly to 10-12 degrees above ambient.
(Here ambient ranges between (25 (with AC) to 43(without AC in summer))
All the sites I have come across don't use stock HSFs to test, so why don't you post your config and temp scores so we can see how the various configs work?

siriusb

Cyborg Agent
AMD 3200+ (winchester)
Overclocked to 2.5GHz
QFan is ON, so cpu fan whirrs up when cpu reaches 51deg C.
Stock HSF. But I have 3 case fans (2 exhaust, 1 intake) and a home-made cobra cable for ide drives.

Idle:
44 deg C (non AC)
40 deg C (with AC)

Full load:
55 deg C (non AC)
52 deg C (with AC)

Mobo/chipset temp: 31 to 40 deg C
There's no fan on the chipset now. (The stupid dealer hasnt given me a replacemnt fan yet.)

HDD temps:
Avg : 46 deg C
Worst: 58 deg C

KHUBBU

Journeyman
Sandra and MBM reports mine (2.8 HT) to be 70 deg C.

Maybe its bcoz of the mobo ( Asrock i865GV)

Its been running like that for more than 1 & half yr. even overclocked it to 3 Ghz, ran perfectly fine.

In short: dont worry!

AlienTech

In the zone
I just found out that the TEMP readings are not accurate. The MB makers use what ever cheapo sensors they can find and I seen how cheap the chinese can get and get things working, but just not right. Yea it works... But works is the only thing you can tell about it.

My AMD3000 gets ot 62C at full speed. I tough the heat sink and its cool on one side and slightly warm on the other. While my Seagate HD says its @ 46C and Samsung @ 43C. And those are HOT, IE I cant keep my finger on them for 10 minutes at a time.
The system Temp says its @ 39C while a blower is blowing in air.

Its best to just make sure the CPU does not get hot enough that you cant touch it. Usually because of badly installed heat sink. You cant touch the CPU without the sink on it anyway since it does get very hot, 60-80C is hot enough to burn and it gets there in a few seconds.

praka123

left this forum longback
goobimama said:
My cpu hovers at around 55 to 60....P4 3.0 Ghz HT...
mine P4 2.8 HT Prescott also gave normal 52 to 73 with normal cabinet.then the company replaced it with Intel preferred P4 HT cabinet that with a funnel like thing on the
side pane and two rear fans.Now temp default is 48 degrees to high load=67-68 degrees with fan running 3000 rpm :shock: :D

yogi7272

Cyborg Agent
my 2.6 c ghz northwood socket 478 is rite now overclocked to 3185 mhz and still is running at around 38-42 degrees :lol:

shivaranjan.b

In the zone
Mine P4 [2.4Ghz HT] northwood
Normal Load:45 C (w/o A/C)
Full Laod: 58 C (w/o A/C)

When Overclocked to 2.8 Ghz
Normal: 52 C
Full Load: 62 C

Regards...

Ringwraith

Journeyman
A64 winnie 3200+ (2GHz)
idles at 35deg - 39 deg depending on ambient temperature.
45 degress on load.

tested while o/ced to 2.35 GHz
idles at 43-44 deg
load - around 50 deg

theexister

Broken In
My 2800+ Athlon 64 temps:

IDLE:
Summer: 46-49C
Winter: 35-38C

LOAD(Gaming at 1024x768 with Full details):
Summer: 50-55C
Winter: 38-44C

The above are with stock cooling that comes with the AMD Processor & 2 Cabinet fans (1 sucking in air & the other venting thru the rear), 1 PSU Fan

My temps given are with the added heat generated by my 6800GT which also runs stock cooling.

OP
teknoPhobia

teknoPhobia

t3h g04t
It would be nice if you guys could give your cabinet setup as well...and for AMD users, if CnQ is also enabled...

Kniwor...is your cabinet blocked or sumthing?...those readings are extremely high for your CPU

Alientech...Check which sensor your sysmon program is reading as the CPU temp...I have found a third unlisted sensor on many AMD64 Mobos that remain stuck at 62-65 degrees, its not even listed anywhere.

Kniwor

Learner
No the cabinet is open, i mean if i keep the mobo/proc out of the cabinet under the roof fan, and i have 3 mobo/proc combination here, same combination, same temps, i guess it's the atmosphere here and cant do anything, although it does not affect the performance...

But this is at default voltage, i am running my cpu undervolted to 1.175v and this way temp never crosses 55. idle is 45.

Ringwraith

Journeyman
cabinet is open frm sideways...(makes it easily accessible in case i want to tinker with it :p )

CnQ is enabled

temperatures are as mentioned above...the thing which i notice abt the cpu is that...when the ambient temperature is high....the cpu fan goes up to around 6000rpm (gets loud :( in that case), but the temperature almost never exceeds 40 deg C in normal operation! and my cpu is a winchester... teh venices must be better. AMD makes good chips indeed!

OP
teknoPhobia

teknoPhobia

t3h g04t
Kniwor

enable CnQ, its a lot better than manually tinkering around with the cpu voltages, it automatically adjusts cpu multiplier and voltage based on load, and your temp is way too high for your voltage setting.... the temp should be around 34-38 at idle.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom