CPU temperature query..

saswat23

Human Spambot
My PC specifications are mentioned below in my signature.
My problem is that Memory meter is showing a load of ~80 when i log into my user. Slowly after that the load falls down to 0 and most of the time i get a load of ~8 (which i think is just perfect for my rig). So, how do i control the start up load.
Also when i log into my user CORE TEMP shows a clock speed of 3.4GHz and after that it too falls back to ~2GHz and the temperature at start goes up to 80 degree Celsius. Also it then falls back to ~45 degree Celsius. But IMO ideally the temperature should be ~35 degree Celsius.
So, whats the actual problem.....

asingh

Aspiring Novelist
Those are power saving function. It throttles and then revs up the cycles. Nothing to worry.

topgear

Super Moderator
Staff member
80C cpu temp under load can be considered as high temp and if you are going to do some cpu intensive tasks like gaming/vid encoding it's better to invest in a cpu cooler like CM Hyper 212+ at least around ~1.9k.

OP
saswat23

saswat23

Human Spambot
I get 80C at the start up. Then then the temp. Falls down to 45C. And at load, while playing games i get a max temp. of 60C.
So, is this temp. Too high.

Is it the problem with thermal paste coz i am quite not sure if the assembler has put thermal paste.
BTW do assemblers always put thermal paste..????
How much does the thermal paste cost..??

topgear

Super Moderator
Staff member
^^ what games you are playing to load testing - run some app like Orthos/Prime etc or games like crysis 2 / BFBC2.

60C temp with stock cooler is normal - no need to worry about it.

Thermal paste comes per applied at the bottom of th stock HSF.

If you want to buy Thermal paste then good TiM like Arctic MX2 or Tuniq TX4 costs around Rs. 400/600 but you don't need it right now ;-)

mithun_mrg

Cyborg Agent
To remove unnecessary programs from startup use MSCONFIG WindowsKey+R>Msconfig>Startup

Go for a Cpu cooler as suggested bu Topgear 80c on load is quite high also try checking the Temp with Cabinet Side Panel Opened

OP
saswat23

saswat23

Human Spambot
mithun,
my cabinet has 2*120MM side fans, so is it really necessary to remove the side panel. I will try it if i get some time.

Topgear,
I don't have a GPU now so i dont think i will be able to play Crysis and BFBC2.
I will the check the temperature with the softs you have mentioned above and reply back soon (though i know i will be getting your reply after 24hrs).

mithun_mrg

Cyborg Agent
Just had a Look at ur cabinet Looks Great the airflow seems to be ok

What u can try is to switch off the side fans & see the Temp.
BTW how much did it cost

OP
saswat23

saswat23

Human Spambot
With the side fans switched off the temps. are around 42C-45C. Even after switching on the side FANs the temp goes down to 40C-42C. But sometimes with the fans on temps. goes upto 48C-50C.

It cost me 2k W/O PSU with 4*120MM installed previously.

J

Joker

what is the temperature under load when u play games? no, im not talking about start-up temp.

Top Bottom