CPU overheating!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

supersaiyan

In the zone
I was playing gears of war yesterday and suddenly my pc crashed. i checked the temperature and it was idling at 57 degree celsius whereas during the crash it shot to 80 degrees. i am using intel e4500(stock cooler) at stock speeds with msi p35neo2. what do u guys think could be the problem??

OP
S

supersaiyan

In the zone
I took out the heatsink and put it back properly but it seems that the problem isnt fixed. after doing this, i fired up gears of war while dual core center was running and the game didnt even start. i got a bsod for a split second and the comp restarted.

axxo

99.9% Idle
i was getting the same problem till last week i figured the heatsink not seated properly on heat spreader....
you need thermal paste applied btw cpu & HS....I was getting different temp variation for different paste mix proportion and applying procedure...finally i was able to got it under 45 for my overclocked E2160(1.8ghz) currently running at 3.2ghz....atleast i would have re-installed the HS more than 10 times..
previously my proc was running at 55-60....and during gaming reaches 80 & above.....restarts after BSOD dumping physical mem data..

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom